Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check if im eligible for rent relief?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi i am 26 single renting on my own and have recently lost my job. All went well with getting my job seekers allowance. But i was wondering would i be eligible for rent relief? I pay 475 pm rent for the last 10 months. My p60 which i just received say i earned 21704.17. Any advice would be great. Thanks Chris
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi i am 26 single renting on my own and have recently lost my job. All went well with getting my job seekers allowance. But i was wondering would i be eligible for rent relief? I pay 475 pm rent for the last 10 months. My p60 which i just received say i earned 21704.17. Any advice would be great. Thanks Chris

Unless you were renting before December 2010 you cannot claim.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/credits/rent-credit.html

Edited because I'm half asleep with a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Before December 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I think he means to ask about rent allowance, not rent relief.

OP if you are asking about rent allowance then try the state benefits forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Or talk to your local Community Welfare Officer

Advertisement