Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeiss conquest 3x9 x 40

Options
  • 30-01-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone have this particular scope? Thinking about purchasing one but have heard some good reports an also some bad reports about it. So would be greatful on some input about this scope. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

This scopes have no warranty in EU, since they are make for US market only.

So I would suggest you look at Minox ZA3 or Meopta MeoPro scopes instead. The quality is on the same level but you get EU warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have one on a CZ550 in .308, dropped a sika stone dead with it at about 300m two weeks ago. Before it lived on an Anschutz .22 hornet and has performed brilliantly under the lamp, in daylight and in low light. I have had it for over five years and it has had an accidental knock or two without any incident.

It's the first piece of decent glass I ever bought and I've looked through a few more expensive scopes since and I'm still very impressed with the crisp image and the excellent light transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

A friend has one on his rifle. It is IMHO a POS. Thats maybe a little hard but it was the worst Zeiss scope I have ever looked through.

Image quality at dusk was relatively very poor. I wasnt impressed with colour contrast either.

Relative to what ? A Swarovski 6-24x50 with which I have shot foxes under the moonlight,albeit a full moon on a freshly cut silage field.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Larry60

Over about 30 years of shooting I have found that cheap scopes often have very good optics and often as good as similar but more expensive scopes, however in my experience where the Ziess' es, S&B's ect. are better is their mechanics. In my experience they will hold their zero much better and hold their seal's.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

The americans love them. Nothing but singing their praises over there. Every review seems to praise their optics and build quality and seem to rate them well ahead of the competition. Very few poor reviews on them. But as was said already I dont think their warranty covers them outside the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Not running it down but i'd stay with the German Zeiss encase you ever had a problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

4200fps wrote: »
    Not running it down but i'd stay with the German Zeiss encase you ever had a problem with it

As far as I can see that's the only argument for not buying a US Conquest, no warranty for grey imports. Having said that, I don't think there's to many people having had to rely on warraty repairs with Zeiss products.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I bought a good few conquest scopes from a US dealer and had to send one back for repair. It was easy enough as I sent it back to the dealer and they got it repaired under warranty for me.
    If you buy any scope and it needs repair it will have to leave the country anyway.

As far as I can see that's the only argument for not buying a US Conquest, no warranty for grey imports. Having said that, I don't think there's to many people having had to rely on warraty repairs with Zeiss products.
    I seen a thread on this last year where a guy had a conquest and ran out of windage so he couldn't zero it. I seen zoom dials of zeiss come loose due to wear. Well known to happen on Conquest and Duralyt scopes

zeissman wrote: »
    I bought a good few conquest scopes from a US dealer and had to send one back for repair. It was easy enough as I sent it back to the dealer and they got it repaired under warranty for me.
    If you buy any scope and it needs repair it will have to leave the country anyway.
    I see what you mean but if its Zeiss Germany you just drop it into main dealer for Zeiss in Lakelands where if its Conquest you have to go about it all by yourself which is much harder if you see where i'm coming from zeissman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I see what you mean but if its Zeiss Germany you just drop it into main dealer for Zeiss in Lakelands where if its Conquest you have to go about it all by yourself which is much harder if you see where i'm coming from zeissman
    Either way I would have to go to the post office to send it off as im a long way from Lakelands.
    Any scope can break. My mate had to send his swarovski back for repair with a broken reticle a few weeks ago which seems to be a common problem with them.

Advertisement