Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac

Options
  • 30-01-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

according to 2fm gig is to be announced tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hmmm. Probably one of the three Kilkenny shows currently being discussed on the Bruce Springsteen thread. An announcement about those is due tomorrow too. Stevie remarked recently that they wanted to do "festivals" in Europe this year. The proposed Kilkenny weekend may not be a festival in the strictest sense, but an outdoor show is the next best thing.

PS The new Rumours box set is killer.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Appartenly Brian Cody and gang are supporting one of the artists on stage.

The Rolling Stones supported by Richie Kavanagh is also rumoured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fleetwood Mac dates for the rest of the UK tour have been floating around online for a few days now so I'd be surprised if they announced a Rolling Stones tour at the same time. Would also be surprised if Rolling Stones announce an arena tour ever again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hmmm. Probably one of the three Kilkenny shows currently being discussed on the Bruce Springsteen thread. An announcement about those is due tomorrow too. Stevie remarked recently that they wanted to do "festivals" in Europe this year. The proposed Kilkenny weekend may not be a festival in the strictest sense, but an outdoor show is the next best thing.

PS The new Rumours box set is killer.

What's the story with that? They want to bring big acts to Kilkenny? Interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hector is announcing it tomorrow morning. His show is live from Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hector is announcing it tomorrow morning. His show is live from Kilkenny

Im sure that'll be "great craic" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

So this was bollox then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

niallo24 wrote: »
    So this was bollox then?
    Seems hector was acting the maggot over using the word rumours and playing mac song's, disappointing 4 gigs in less than a year for bruce now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seems hector was acting the maggot over using the word rumours and playing mac song's, disappointing 4 gigs in less than a year for bruce now

Bit dissapointed that Mac were not announced but on the upside i get to go to more springsteen gigs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hate Hector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sabbath bloody sabbath

Fleetwood Mac would be great. Anyone who was at their last concert or has seen their 'The Dance' DVD will know what to expect. Lindsey Buckingham is possibly the most underrated guitarist of all time! All four remaining members are equally brilliant and talented! Lindsey is phenomenal due to his unique guitar picking style, impressive song writing and singing. He often plays every single instrument on his own solo albums. I was very disappointed when he was forced to cancel his Olympia gigs last year but at least I got the chance to see the Mac in the O2. I hate the way some fans try to say one is better than the other because that's not the case at all. Stevie can't do what Lindsey does just the same way that he can't do what she does. It's a collaborative effort! Mick and John are veteran musicians from way back with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. It's also worth checking out Bob Welch's era as its very under rated.
    Can't stand that idiot Hector! This hasn't improved my impression of him! :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Locked.

For future reference use the 'search' function. It allows you to see if there are similar threads already posted.

Also don't ever posted anything to do with Hector in here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement