Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Un-employed Entitlements

• 30-01-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Ok so was made redundant on friday after 13 years , but havnt a clue what im entitled too

Obviously the dole

But i have a mortgage and car loan ( latter up in may ) so what am i entitled too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

JOB SEEKERS BENEFIT

This would be your first stop, if your available for and genuinely looking for work. Its not means tested, as its based on your stamps. It may only last for 6-9months then its Job Seekers Allowance when Benefit runs out, but this is means tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Ok so was made redundant on friday after 13 years , but havnt a clue what im entitled too

Obviously the dole

But i have a mortgage and car loan ( latter up in may ) so what am i entitled too

Jsb is all you'll likely be entitled to.

If you have no considerable savings or other income you may get means-tested benefits like fuel allowance and medical card.
    To get mortgage supplement -assuming you have no savings - you need to start the ball rolling by restructuring your mortgage with the bank and waiting a year to apply for it.. But who's to say it will still exist in a year's time.
    I don't think your car loan cmes into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

tony81 wrote: »
    Jsb is all you'll likely be entitled to.

If you have no considerable savings or other income you may get means-tested benefits like fuel allowance and medical card.
    To get mortgage supplement -assuming you have no savings - you need to start the ball rolling by restructuring your mortgage with the bank and waiting a year to apply for it.. But who's to say it will still exist in a year's time.
    I don't think your car loan cmes into it.

Not entitled to fuel allowance on JSB (as I just found out) but you would be entitled to a medical card.

Advertisement