Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Funds Transfer Receipt

Options
  • 30-01-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question here but I'm assuming an EFT is just an online transfer to a domestic account? And does the transfer confirmation page (AIB for example) count as the receipt I need to upload?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Probably a stupid question here but I'm assuming an EFT is just an online transfer to a domestic account? And does the transfer confirmation page (AIB for example) count as the receipt I need to upload?
    I just did a standard lodgement with AIB in the bank and they gave me a crappy receipt with barely any required info on it. Not really sure what to do, the only receipts that would have all this info would be for international transfers which we can't do since the bank is in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

Rang AIB who told me that the Canadian Embassy havenot been in touch with the Grafton Street AIB branch to let them know peoplewill be requesting receipts for the visa applications. So, currently, AIB are unable to provide theproper proof of payment for the visaapplication. The guy I spoke with saidlots of people have been paying into the Grafton St A/C nonetheless. How have yea gotten on with submitting thesecond part of applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ya I'm in the same boat got a purple receipt after lodging the money to the Canadian Embassy Account. Was missing the payment Reference and the Account name so I wrote them in scanned the receipt and hopefully they'll accept it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

Rang AIB who told me that the Canadian Embassy havenot been in touch with the Grafton Street AIB branch to let them know peoplewill be requesting receipts for the visa applications. So, currently, AIB are unable to provide theproper proof of payment for the visaapplication. The guy I spoke with saidlots of people have been paying into the Grafton St A/C nonetheless. How have yea gotten on with submitting thesecond part of applications?

ive had no word back since submitting a copy of my €120 receipt (which is a basic one wrote out by the AIB bank offical)...did ye have to wait long before hearing back if its being accepted? Presume I cant crack on with the second part of the application until I get an acceptance email back from embassy confirming my payment...its fair annoying if they dont accept it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Anyone make an international payment?

I made a wire transfer from my US bank... but im worried.

I hope mine is verified soon or at least rejected soon so i can reapply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Coffeedragon

Made an international payment this morning over the phone. It's showing in pounds on my online account, even though I paid the full amount in Euros. Does it strictly have to appear in Euros to be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Made an international payment this morning over the phone. It's showing in pounds on my online account, even though I paid the full amount in Euros. Does it strictly have to appear in Euros to be accepted?

I'm not sure but it is going into an irish acc, so am guessing it is converted to euro but you may need to find out more info on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Just recived this in my messages,
    I made an internatinonal wire transfer, not sure what i need to do next. My US bank is kinda uselsess.

Please note that your proof of payment does not have sufficient information for the IEC team to verify your payment. At this time we request that you upload a more detailed proof of payment through MyMessages that indicates the details of the account which received the deposit made on January 30th, 2013. Please ensure that it includes the following information:

- Amount, including currency, paid

International Experience Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Samsonite86

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to be offered a Canadian visa, having been on the waiting list. However,for the 'electronic funds transfer' I just did an online transfer and sent them on a few screen shots of the details (and the receipt of transfer which Bank of Ireland 365 gives you). However, they sent me an email today stating the below:

"Please note that your proof of payment does not have sufficient information for the IEC team to verify your payment. At this time we request that you upload a more detailed proof of payment through ''my messages'' that indicates the details of the account which received the deposit made on (add date of when proof of payment was submitted). Please ensure that it includes the following information:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number of funds recipient
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number:..."

Basically, just wondering if people could offer me a bit of insight into whether I need to go to AIB to make an lodgement directly or whether I can possibly provide the information any other way. The deadline for payment and proof of payment was yesterday, and having been away for two weeks I just about saw the email and got around to making the transfer, so time is a bit crucial at this stage. Really could use a few pointers if people have any insights! THANKS!

SC

Advertisement