Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naul Road Works Around Tesco in Balbriggan

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know when these road works are due for completion or where I can get info on the project timelines?

It seems to be taking an age and seems to be one step forward and two steps back.

I understand they still have to do the section of road from the roundabout to St. Georges school, which they haven't even started yet?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Finishing time is suppose to be the end of January according to this from www.balbriggan.net.
    Naul Road/Harry Reynolds Road Junction Traffic Lights Update
    Cllr. Grainne Maguire has just sent us this.
    " Construction works on the upgrade of the Naul Road/ Harry Reynolds Road in Balbriggan was scheduled to be completed in mid December 2012. Due to the prolonged cold spell and wet weather experienced on site in late November/ early December 2012 the contractors work schedule was severely disrupted. This has resulted in delays being experienced on the completion of the permanent traffic light instillation, footpath construction, final road surface laying and road marking due to the sequential nature of some of these work items. The contractor has revised the finishing date for the completion of the outstanding works to the end of January 2013." 11.01.13

Thread here already about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056832748

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

sgarvan wrote: »
    Finishing time is suppose to be the end of January according to this from www.balbriggan.net.

Thread here already about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056832748

They really called that spot on with the end of January :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Yeah I passed it this morning, it doesn't look like they are going to finish any time soon..

My original post here was about the section of road between the roundabout and St. Georges on the Naul road. I dont think thats covered in the response from sgarvin.

As far as I know this is phase 2 of the project which is due to start when they are finished what they are doing now and are due to complete that part by April, weather permitting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Didn't know there was a phase 2. It would make sense TBH. Not looking forward to it it if goes ahead

• Advertisement
Advertisement