Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather this morning

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hey people in Canada what's your weather like today just to let people know what the are in for.

Currently-31 here but feels like -40 with wind chill I am sitting in the car at 5 20 am waiting for the transmission oil to heat UK enough for the car to be able move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

its 11C here and raining!

weather is completely messed up this week - was -4 on monday, & going to drop down to -7 tomorrow.
    It hit -18 last week, with a windchill factor of -27.

I dont find it that cold though, compared to a windy/rainy/hail weather in january back home.
    Theres not been much precipitation here for January - probably a foot of snow in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

13 degrees and raining (Toronto) Friday is to be -7 and snowing. This Winter has been really weird with strange periods of 2 or 3 days of temps in the teens sandwiched between periods of normal minus temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Only -11 today in Calgary. Nicer then yesterdays -25, -38 with the windchill!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

It's been -40, -45 with wind-chill in the prairies today apparently, so I was told this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

haha that sounds like lovely weather:D..any of ye there april last year? what could i expect in Calgary in April? hope to be there all going well:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    haha that sounds like lovely weather:D..any of ye there april last year? what could i expect in Calgary in April? hope to be there all going well:D

April was starting to warm up a bit. Still coldish but in weather in the +, days of +10. Mays where it starts to get nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kev33

Got soaked all week raining in cambridge, rainy slushy melting snow, then froze up and snowed overnight and today. Now back home in barrie, -6 with large quantity of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What's Toronto like this time of year? only thing that worries me about going is I have mild arthritis, nothing crippling but the cold (and especially damp, which is a bigger problem in this country) does make it ache. Last time I was Toronto I remember it being a dry kind of cold though, chilly without being really crap, that was in late March.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

It's been -40, -45 with wind-chill in the prairies today apparently, so I was told this morning.
    I can't wait to experience that weather hopefully (am I a weirdo for saying that? haha), I just HATE THE HEAT I put up with it tho ha much prefer the cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Don't know how you stand it in the Prairies!

Vancouver weekend. :)

906e0j.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Gosh that's warmer than here! (here being Dublin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

calgary hasnt been too bad, the odd 2-3 days a week of minus 20ish but mostly been between minus 5 and plus 5. it was 7 at one point today, and i saw 9 last week :O

and in the last 2-3 months its only snowed proper once or twice a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Gosh that's warmer than here! (here being Dublin).

It was actually 11c today according to the car.

Advertisement