Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which bike did you enjoy owning most?.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Of the 10 or so Vespa's I've owned my favourite has to be the 2nd bike I ever bought, a battered looking T5 Classic for 600 euro and only 7 previous owners. I got it in the BuyandSell magazine in 2003. I didn't know much about vespas back then just that the price was cheap. It was wine coloured and fairly worn looking so I mattblacked the whole bike with spray cans and stuck a performance pipe on it and cut the front mudguard down and stuck a disc brake on it as well. I only realised later that it was a desirable model T5.

I used to visit the girlfriend at the time on it in Phibsboro and take it for spins with the Missing Link Scooter Club. I sold it to a skinhead from Belfast 2 years later who heat-seized it up the motorway to Belfast on his way home. I never knew there was a kit in the engine either when I sold it :D He sold the bike to another northern scooterist who completely restored the scooter as a black and gold JPS special...that's the last I heard of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/georgetaylor/Toms%20Scooters/T5MattBlackRat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

seen your name on the pb account tomo, were you at one point an N11 Saint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Yes I was inducted into the N11 Saints in Carlingford one year...dont think they operate as a club anymore though...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Not really no, had you got the px with the comic book artwork all over it or was that someone else im trying to place? used to meet up in redcross on the first sunday of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

bladespin wrote: »
    My old RD, broke my heart several times but still smile every time I think about it.
    Same here.
    Mine broke my heart nearly every week.
    Loved it but just couldn't rely on it to get me home.
    Fix something one week, week after,something else would go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement