Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapy hairdressers in D3,5, or city centre

• 30-01-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I am smashed broke but need to get a full head of highlights next mth for my holidays (havent have a full head in years and want to treat myself but not break the bank. I am looking for a cheap hairdresser in Dublin 3,5, 9 or city centre areas as I don't drive (all the deals I see are for places far from me). I saw prices today €100 but would be prepared to pay 60 or 80 I know it's a long shot as prices are probably 150 but honestly at the mo can't afford that much and the roots badly need a full head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Hair Inc on Bachelor's Walk, just off O'Connell St. is grand and cheap, and does a pretty good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Cheers might check them out went to a dodgy foreign hairdressers on quays once (not them) and my hair was ruined after colour all frazzled was putting treatments on it for months to get it back to normal.
    Just cant afford the crazy prices for full head :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Hairdressers in edenmore have a special on at the moment for highlihts and a cut should check them out it called unique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

miss choc wrote: »
    I am smashed broke but need to get a full head of highlights next mth for my holidays (havent have a full head in years and want to treat myself but not break the bank. I am looking for a cheap hairdresser in Dublin 3,5, 9 or city centre areas as I don't drive (all the deals I see are for places far from me). I saw prices today €100 but would be prepared to pay 60 or 80 I know it's a long shot as prices are probably 150 but honestly at the mo can't afford that much and the roots badly need a full head

Check out salon addict
    http://www.salonaddict.ie/bookappointment/139-new-image-hair-beauty.aspx?service=hairdressing%2bcut-highlights&country=ireland&county=dublin
    New image are doing full head plus cut for €65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thats a great website Millem must check that out I'm liking the price too. Going to hold out till nearer my holidays in mid April and treat myself. Will just keep the hair up and where hats till then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Have had a good experiences with Fame Hair Salon on George's Street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

Would you consider using a training college OP? I'm a poor student myself and when I used to be blonde I would always go to the training schools when I needed to get my hair done.I've tried Robert Chambers, House of Colour and David Marshall - all of which are pretty central.

I can honestly say I had good experiences in all of them, although if I had to reccommend one I'd probably say David Marshall's on George's St, as they had the best ratio of teachers to students. I went on a Friday morning and David Marshall himself was there giving advice to the students! :)

The one piece of advice I would definitely offer you however is not to make too many plans on the same day you'll be getting it done, as the students do generally tend to take quite a bit longer than the qualified guys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

The Hair Layer on Dorset Street are really good and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

some of the chinese hairdressers on Dorset St have really good prices.

Advertisement