Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value semisolid or laminate

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    I have 40m2 to floor as carpets destroyed by little baby- which supplier and product is best and good value? Don't want to spend more than 1000 to buy and fit- is this realistic? For hall dining and sitting room area. Also thinking of getting heavy matting for the immediate entrance - any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

LeafLeafy wrote: »
    Hi
    I have 40m2 to floor as carpets destroyed by little baby- which supplier and product is best and good value? Don't want to spend more than 1000 to buy and fit- is this realistic? For hall dining and sitting room area. Also thinking of getting heavy matting for the immediate entrance - any thoughts on this?

With respect, you might be better off posting this in the DIY section.
    You don't say what you want to replace the carpet with - the world is your oyster. That is one destructive baby !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

PS: apologies, you say semisolid or laminate in the title.Try IKEA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

recipio wrote: »
    PS: apologies, you say semisolid or laminate in the title.Try IKEA ?

Commercial 12mm laminate is 13€ per metre

Semi solid is 17€.

Labour 350 +vat

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I've bought an awful lot of commercial laminate from noyeks newmans and found it very reasonable for a quality product. It seems more durable than the semi solid in my house as its covered in scrapes and marks unlike the laminate which still looks perfect.

Advertisement