Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about moving to eMobile

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mother is considering moving to eMobile for the 32 Euro Unlimited Per month Sim Only offer (the offer is up in a few days)
    She will be moving from another provider and porting her existing number.
    I talked to an employee in one of the eMobile shops yesterday and was told that it could take 2-3 weeks for eMobile to send the new Sim (It's an online offer only, so Sim must be posted out)
    I'm concerned that my mother's number will be ported and then she will have to wait a week (or even longer)  for the new sim to arrive, and during that time be without a phone (i.e. if the number has been ported and she has no sim with the ported number).

Can you offer any clarification on this, or if it is possible that this will happen ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi,
    My mother is considering moving to eMobile for the 32 Euro Unlimited Per month Sim Only offer (the offer is up in a few days)
    She will be moving from another provider and porting her existing number.
    I talked to an employee in one of the eMobile shops yesterday and was told that it could take 2-3 weeks for eMobile to send the new Sim (It's an online offer only, so Sim must be posted out)
    I'm concerned that my mother's number will be ported and then she will have to wait a week (or even longer)  for the new sim to arrive, and during that time be without a phone (i.e. if the number has been ported and she has no sim with the ported number).

Can you offer any clarification on this, or if it is possible that this will happen ?
    Hi deadl0ck,

Your mothers mobile number will not be changed over to eMobile until she contacts our customer care team after she receives her eMobile sim card. Online orders take 6 working days to be processed provided all the required documents for the order are received when requested.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi deadl0ck,

Your mothers mobile number will not be changed over to eMobile until she contacts our customer care team after she receives her eMobile sim card. Online orders take 6 working days to be processed provided all the required documents for the order are received when requested.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne - so basically she doesn't port until she has received the new SIM and contacts customer care to inform them. Is that correct (just double checking) ?

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Thanks Grainne - so basically she doesn't port until she has received the new SIM and contacts customer care to inform them. Is that correct (just double checking) ?
    Hi deadl0ck,

Yes that is correct. Your mothers number will not be changed to eMobile until your mother contacts our customer care team who will process the port.

Grainne

Advertisement