Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with new UPC box

• 30-01-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

About 3 weeks ago our UPC box was replaced by UPC, They range us up and told us we were getting a new one as the old one was at the end of it's life.
    Since then the new box has had to be replaced twice.
    It keeps on freezing especially when something is recording. The only way it works is to flick the switch on the back and reboot it totally.
    I've missed quite a few programs that haven't recorded or which have half recorded and then frozen but the final straw was last night I missed the beginning if Greys Anatomy because the box froze and rebooted itself. RANT!!!

Anyway. They're coming on Friday to give us yet another new box. Has anyone else experienced something like this.
    i'm wondering if they have a faulty batch of boxes .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    About 3 weeks ago our UPC box was replaced by UPC, They range us up and told us we were getting a new one as the old one was at the end of it's life.
    Since then the new box has had to be replaced twice.
    It keeps on freezing especially when something is recording. The only way it works is to flick the switch on the back and reboot it totally.
    I've missed quite a few programs that haven't recorded or which have half recorded and then frozen but the final straw was last night I missed the beginning if Greys Anatomy because the box froze and rebooted itself. RANT!!!

Anyway. They're coming on Friday to give us yet another new box. Has anyone else experienced something like this.
    i'm wondering if they have a faulty batch of boxes .

My box will freeze occasionally when it gets too hot. I plug it out, let it cool down for a while (it's in a quite cramped area) and it's usually fine then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

They have been known to have dodgy boxes from time to time. As suggested keep it somewhere with plenty of room for the air to circulate, and cross your fingers! Don't put up or pay for sub standard service. Sky boxes are generally better, but more expensive.

Advertisement