Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blender

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent budget one. Saw a few blenders in Argos and some are listed as smoothie makers. Are they the same thing? Do handblenders work ok? Saw the ready steady cook one...

Thanks for any advice. Mate of mines v ill...wana make sure shes eating something...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here you go http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9014891/Trail/searchtext%3EBLENDER.htm

Had a similar one 'til the missus upgraded to a Kenwood Chef.Works perfectly for everything from soups to smoothies.You can blend pretty much any type of food in it.I've even blended spaghetti bolognese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

zerks wrote: »
    Here you go http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9014891/Trail/searchtext%3EBLENDER.htm

Had a similar one 'til the missus upgraded to a Kenwood Chef.Works perfectly for everything from soups to smoothies.You can blend pretty much any type of food in it.I've even blended spaghetti bolognese.

Thanks so much. How does blending the spag bol work exactly? Any recommendations for ingredients for soup / smoothies / healthy mixes. She cant really eat solids at the mo.

Thanks so much. How does blending the spag bol work exactly? Any recommendations for ingredients for soup / smoothies / healthy mixes. She cant really eat solids at the mo.

Basically chuck anything you want into it,smoothies are easy,it's just fruit & juice with some yoghurt if you want.

Homemade soup is the same-boil up a batch of it in a saucepan (plenty of veg & perhaps some chicken then pop whatever you need in the blender & whoosh.

I found out how much stuff you can blend when I broke my jaw & was off solids for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

zerks wrote: »

Basically chuck anything you want into it,smoothies are easy,it's just fruit & juice with some yoghurt if you want.

Homemade soup is the same-boil up a batch of it in a saucepan (plenty of veg & perhaps some chicken then pop whatever you need in the blender & whoosh.

I found out how much stuff you can blend when I broke my jaw & was off solids for a couple of months.
    And did the bolognese come oyt too smooth?

And did the bolognese come oyt too smooth?

No,was a bit weird eating it alright when you're used to eating it the old fashioned way.Was chopped up into tiny pieces that didn't need to be chewed.

Loads of recipes online,many are just soups etc. but you can experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blender+recipes&oq=blender+r&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.1130.6615.0.9738.9.7.0.2.2.0.118.559.6j1.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.GkJpOn-BMYY

• Advertisement
Advertisement