Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'Eroica Registration changes - 2013

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

There have been changes to L'Eroica registration for 2013. You have to pre-register on their site for 2 euro and you will then be entered in a lottery.

Article 5 – Pre-Registration and lottery procedure
    L'Eroica 2013 will have about 5,000 participants, divided as follows: 2,500 randomly selected by lottery among those who pre-register; 2,500,
    divided between over-60s, women, official L'Eroica tour operators, entrants who pay the higher registration fee (with proceeds going to charity)
    and guests of the Organization.
    The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
    • Italians born between 1 January 1954 and 31 December 1997 (under 60s), 1,500 by lottery.

Foreign participants born between 1 January 1954 and 31 December 1997 (under 60s), 1,000 by lottery.
    • Italians and foreigners born before 31 December 1953 (over 60s), an unlimited number may register.
    • Women, regardless of age and number.
    Pre-registration to participate in the lottery, for Italian and foreign candidates under 60, will be open from 21 January to 3 March 2013, exclusively
    online through the website www.eroica.it.
    Aspiring participants must fill in an online request form, supplying all personal data plus a payment of €2.00 payable exclusively by credit card or
    paypal. A valid e-mail address must be provided on the form. This e-mail will be the only possible contact between the applicant and the
    organization of L'Eroica until final registration. The €2.00 paid to enter the draw will not be refunded.
    After 3 March 2013 an official draw will be held in the presence of a notary and the list of names drawn will be published on the site
    www.eroica.it.
    After the draw, the first 1,500 Italians and first 1,000 foreigners will receive an e-mail from the organization with instructions to complete their
    registration within fifteen days.
    If the application process is not completed within the given period or if the e-mail entered at the time of pre-registration is no longer valid, the
    right to complete the registration will be lost.
    Where there is a shortfall, the organization will draw additional pre-registered participants in the order in which they are drawn and send them an
    e-mail until the number of participants set for each group is reached.
    Women aged between 15 and 65 years and men born before 31 December 1953 (over 60s) can register from 1 February 2013 to 30 June 2013:
    • via the appropriate page on the site www.eroica.it, where it is possible to register and pay;
    • using the form downloaded from the website www.eroica.it, you can complete, sign and send it by fax as indicated on the form, together with
    receipt of payment which MUST be attached.
    The entry fee for all participants is €35.00 (thirty five Euro). Bank charges are borne by the participant.
    Registration for solidarity:
    From 15 May 2013, subject to availability and only through the website www.eroica.it, 100 places will be made available at the higher price of
    €100;

From 15 June 2013, subject to availability and only through the website www.eroica.it, 100 places will be made available at the higher price of
    €130;
    The proceeds of the additional charge will be donated to the charitable projects supported by L’Eroica.

Regulations PDF
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.lfgss.com%2Fattachments%2F62432d1357927540-regulations-leroica-2013-en.pdf&ei=xx0JUb-zA8OHhQfO8ICwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFxrzt0KWGJzEE1HmAOqqk1GhufsA&sig2=c2gfEgsAUvc2_qy-Fg7bHg&bvm=bv.41642243,d.ZG4

Go to this website and select the URL under the PRE-REGISTRATIONS
    http://www.eroica-ciclismo.it/english/home.asp
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pipcob

Thanks for the info tonycon28!

I was a bit worried due to the random nature of a) the lotto and b) the event organiser's ability to carry out everything fairly, but I'd happily pay the 100 euro on one of the other two dates, red eyeballs, pulse racing, finger hovering over the mouse button, neighbour's internet password jotted down on a postit just in case my own connection to the web dies 5 minutes before enrollment opens!

Looking forward to the sweet scent of Italian pebbles and white dust again! I must start looking for a spare back wheel (or two!) :-P

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Thanks Tony, the event is so well worth the stress of the application. I know. I was dependent on the charity entry last year. I probably won't make it this year so anyone looking for a vintage bike can contact me! Boo hoo. Brendan

Advertisement