Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare/ Pre-School in College Road area

Options
  • 30-01-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hopefully I'll be going back to college in September as a mature student. I'll be living in the College road area. My 3 year old daughter will be moving with me.

Does anybody know what the childcare/ pre-school options in this area are. I'll have to find someplace where she can stay all day while I'm a college.

Does anyone know how much this type of childcare typically costs per week?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume you mean College St Waterford and not College Road Cork?

I only ask because someone else posted here earlier today looking for childcare in Cork! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Sully wrote: »
    I assume you mean College St Waterford and not College Road Cork?

I only ask because someone else posted here earlier today looking for childcare in Cork! :)

Waterford :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If that's the case, pop along to Waterford City Childcare Committee which is just on the way into the Manor Village Student Complex before the College St Campus. They will have a list of places you can look at. I wouldn't take a huge amount of notice when viewing places because with forewarning, in some cases and not all of course, its made look different to what it would actually be when your not there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

St Brigits have a childcare centre in Hennessys Road just behind the college street campus, they provide fulltime places. If your littlle girl is 3 before 30th June she will be entitled to a free Pre school year which will reduce your payments. Waterford city Chilcare offices has a list of all childcare providers in the city they are located beside the social welfare offices .

I may qualify for the Community Childcare Subvention (CCS) programme as I am in receipt of lone parents allowance and will continue to be even if I am in college. Do you know any place that deals with this?

Sorry, I don't know Waterford well at all and I'm stressed out trying to sort things out. :)

• Advertisement

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    I may qualify for the Community Childcare Subvention (CCS) programme as I am in receipt of lone parents allowance and will continue to be even if I am in college. Do you know any place that deals with this?

Sorry, I don't know Waterford well at all and I'm stressed out trying to sort things out. :)

I would recommend speaking with the Childcare Committee for getting a list that will help you on your research. A one stop location and perhaps armed with knowledge and a fair idea where you want to go, you can seek further opinions here from parents who may know about a particular place.

There are numerous childcare facilities in Waterford that take this payment afaik.

Sully wrote: »
    I would recommend speaking with the Childcare Committee for getting a list that will help you on your research. A one stop location and perhaps armed with knowledge and a fair idea where you want to go, you can seek further opinions here from parents who may know about a particular place.

There are numerous childcare facilities in Waterford that take this payment afaik.

Great, thanks for the help :)

Advertisement