Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colombia

• 30-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭

Planning to visit for Colombia for about 4/5 weeks for April onwards. Would like to see Medellin, La Ciudad Perdida, Cartagena and also Bogota. Id plan to stay in Bogota for about a week as I have a friend there and La Ciudad Perdida trek takes about 6 days. Im looking for any tips for hostels, and transport and how to organise the trip as to which places I go to first etc I'll be travelling alone so lively hostels are preferred. I wouldnt mind visiting another country for a week if it's easy to do so. All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

clsmooth wrote: »
    Planning to visit for Colombia for about 4/5 weeks for April onwards. Would like to see Medellin, La Ciudad Perdida, Cartagena and also Bogota. Id plan to stay in Bogota for about a week as I have a friend there and La Ciudad Perdida trek takes about 6 days. Im looking for any tips for hostels, and transport and how to organise the trip as to which places I go to first etc I'll be travelling alone so lively hostels are preferred. I wouldnt mind visiting another country for a week if it's easy to do so. All advice appreciated.

Travelling between cities is simple and the bus is the main form of transport.
    no need to prebook as buses are frequent to all major towns cities.
    hostels the same I spent 6 weeks in Colombia and just turned up, indeed most hostels don't let u pre-book.
    But obviously book somewhere for your first few nights. all trips can be booked from your hostel. Not sure about ciudad trek as I didn't do it.

Advertisement