Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 3 Results

Options
  • 30-01-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭

Saints overcome the Buccs strong run D to win 17-10.

Saints don't really do much on offence in this game but never looked like losing.

Saints had a really good first drive, great variation in the play from passing to rushing but a dropped pass from TE Davis (not Vernon :() meant they could only come away with a field goal.

Buccs come back with a strong drive and get a field goal which included a couple of long receptions for Doug Martin.

I think it was the 2nd quarter when the Saints get the first TD of the game to go up 10-3.

The next Buccs drive saw them "nickel and dime" their way up the field to the Saints 1 yard line. A HB toss is stopped for a loss of 6 yards. A draw play is stopped on the 1 yard line. 3rd and 1 and Bunkley forces Martin to fumble and recovers the ball.

With less than a minute left and a no timeouts the Saints march up the field with long passes to Colston and a couple of sneaky draw plays from Sproles. 1 yard line and 40 seconds left, the Saints try and run it, Sproles Fumbles!! Recovered by the Buccs' Ruud who was last season let go by the Saints.

The 2nd half of this game was all about the interceptions. Firstly by Drew Brees who threw a bad pass out to the flat zone and this was returned for 6.

Game on 10-10. Neither offense really got going at all and there were a couple more picks. One particularly unlucky one from Brees where the ball was swatted down by the a linebacker, hit one of my linemen and then the linebacker was able to catch it before it hit the ground.

The final nail in the coffin came when Daniel Zagzebski threw his 3rd interception and which resulted in a TD for CB Patrick Robinson.

With the pep taken out of the Buccs offense, the Saints were able to run down the clock on the remaining possessions.

Notes:
    The Saints turned the ball over 3 times this game. This is something that we didn't do a lot last season and I think so far this season we have had 12 turnovers.

Buccs run D was excellent, really caused me problems. Saints only had 59 yards off 21 carries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Was beating the CPU Texans 7-6, but had to go do something and it disconnected when I got back. I'll play later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers beat the CPU Chargers 38-0.

Kickoff return TD and a pick six are in there as padding. The field goal was due to breaking off a big run with Hillis and realising I was already way up and just kneeled at the 1 yard line.

Clay Matthews had an ok game......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dolphins win the toss, and receive the ball.
    McCourty picks it off on the second play. Then the Pats O goes three and out and punt it away. Phil Wheeler levels the return man who coughs the ball up and rookie CB Tre Brown graciously scoops it up and takes it for six. Gastowski is good on the xp.
    7-0 Pats.
    Miami can't do much and punt it away. Ridley fumbles the ball and Miami recover inside the Pats half. Then Reggie Bush runs it in from 41 yards.
    7-7
    Pats return man coughs up the ball after the kickoff and Miami recover that at the 13 but have to settle for 3.
    10-7 Miami
    Brady gets picked off. Miami ball at the 22.
    McCourty picks it off in the endzone. Thinks about running it back 100 yards for a TD, realises he will get 5 yards and takes a knee.
    Brady gets picked off again.
    Miami get 3 points. They led 13-7 as we start the 2nd Quarter.

New England take 3 plays to move down the field and get six on the board. GAME ON! Two to Gronk for 33 and 31(TD) yards. Much and all as I want to share the load, if the rest of the team ain't doing it then Gronky gets the passes. 14-13 Pats

Miami do nothing with the ball and punt it away. As do NE. As do MIA. NE ball with 1:09 left in the half. Good 1 minute drill here will get us in FG range. Except Ridley and his amazing break tackle ability breaks four tackles but goes backwards after each one. Leaving me with a 3 & 24. A run gets us back to 4&10 and it is punted away.
    Miami miss a field goal from the 40 yard line.
    And as this happens I lose my connection to the EA Servers :mad:
    I'll get back to this later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams 24
    49ers 45

0/7/10/7
    10/21/7/7

Smith 131.3. 14/20 346yrd 5td
    Campbell 84.6. 19/31. 289trd 3td
    Bradford 76.5. 4/7 45yrd

Rush
    Hunter 11/35
    Pead 7/-3
    Thomas 5/-3

Receiving
    Pead 8/90 1td
    Dressen 7/116 1td
    Armstrong 5/174 2td*
    Davis 4/91 2td

A restarted game at 7-0 to San Fran in the first.
    The restart got off to a cracker with fumbles and interceptions abound. At least both teams weren't wearing white this time! Niners cut out the mistakes and lead 31-7 at the half with the Rams just nicking one as the clock ran out.
    Rams got the ball and drove up right away for a TD. Niners just kept matching their scores till they ran out the clock. Rams running game was shut down but they have a good o line and didn't take any non-late sacks all game:rolleyes: good passing game just got of to a bad start and got too far behind. Expect a tougher game next time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 40-17 Colts

The Jags win their 3rd straight road game, and MJD celebrated signing a new contract by running in 3 TD's but this one was all about Andrew Luck and his fondness for the Jacksonville franchise.

Luck threw 7 interceptions and fumbled twice.

The first play of the game was a pick for the Jags in Colts territory, MJD ran it in with relative ease. And 3 more picks were thrown before halftime, but the Colts effective run D meant I had to settle for field goals, the score was 23-3 at half, Indy crippled by INT's any time they got a drive going.

Fleener still had 194 yards receiving on the day. I double covered him almost every play, but he still had a huge day.

MJD had 120 yards and 3 TD's, those stats dont tell the tale though as one 74 yard break made a subdued game look a lot better. I was happy with how Tebow threw the ball. One very unlucky INT and one horrible pass that was picked blotched an otherwise tidy record.

Unlucky Rock Lesnar, we play again soon I think and if Luck brings more of what he showed late in the game it will be a much closer game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jaguars 40-17 Colts

The Jags win their 3rd straight road game, and MJD celebrated signing a new contract by running in 3 TD's but this one was all about Andrew Luck and his fondness for the Jacksonville franchise.

Luck threw 7 interceptions and fumbled twice.

The first play of the game was a pick for the Jags in Colts territory, MJD ran it in with relative ease. And 3 more picks were thrown before halftime, but the Colts effective run D meant I had to settle for field goals, the score was 23-3 at half, Indy crippled by INT's any time they got a drive going.

Fleener still had 194 yards receiving on the day. I double covered him almost every play, but he still had a huge day.

MJD had 120 yards and 3 TD's, those stats dont tell the tale though as one 74 yard break made a subdued game look a lot better. I was happy with how Tebow threw the ball. One very unlucky INT and one horrible pass that was picked blotched an otherwise tidy record.

Unlucky Rock Lesnar, we play again soon I think and if Luck brings more of what he showed late in the game it will be a much closer game.
    Thanks, Yeah i started it out to stop MJD and was happy with that part of the game, on the whole my defence played well, Offence is a whole different story though, Recievers who cant Recieve on top of Luck throwing interceptions, 13 now in 3 games could be a slight problem moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs shut out the Raiders at Arrowhead in the late night game. An incredible start as Olympian Jeff Demps returned the opening kickoff for a TD. The first half was a tight affair with good defence shown by both sides. Rookie QB Jason Merrian threw a TD to Bowe to extend the lead. Further TD passes to Baldwin and and Bowe again put the game away in the second half. The Chiefs defence got 4 picks as the Raiders were forced to air it out.

Good chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Berty44 wrote: »
    Chiefs shut out the Raiders at Arrowhead in the late night game. An incredible start as Olympian Jeff Demps returned the opening kickoff for a TD. The first half was a tight affair with good defence shown by both sides. Rookie QB Jason Merrian threw a TD to Bowe to extend the lead. Further TD passes to Baldwin and and Bowe again put the game away in the second half. The Chiefs defence got 4 picks as the Raiders were forced to air it out.

Good chatting.

Knocked back so hard I saw madden 09

Miami win the toss and start with the ball. Some good running by Bush sets them up at the goalline and Tannehill connects with Smelter for six.
    7-0 Dolphins.
    3red and 18 becomes 1 and 10 after a solid catch by rookie Brown.
    Pats have the ball at midfield as we end the first quarter.
    A huge 3rd and 24 completion keeps the drive alive with Welker going for 55 yards to the 10 yard line. It is all in vain though as Brady gets picked off in the endzone.

Miami move well down the field and are looking like they will get on the scoreboard again inside of two minutes when Mayo picks off the pass intended for Fasano.
    Receivers let Brady down with two dropped passes and the punt team comes onto the pitch. Blown cover by Trufant and Butler lets the team down as Smelter gets a 61 yard TD pass.
    14-0 Miami.

57 seconds left in the half. Ridley motioned out the the right and told to go long. Ball gets snapped, Ridley gets a jump on his man and takes off. Brady gives him a tick to get separation He is 4 yards clear of the cornerback. Safety was worried about Gronk. He's wide open, he has the speed, he is going all...the...way. But he drops the ball. It bounced right out of his hands.
    On the next play Brady got hit hard and coughed up the ball. Recovered by Cameron Wake. Then Miami score. 21-0 Miami.

Pats think about running out the 23 seconds left in the half, but then the old mantra of go big or go home comes into operation and Brady connects with Vereen for 85 yards and six points.
    Gastowski is good on the xp.
    21-7 Miami.

So there is 14 seconds left in the half and I'm expecting some run up the middle or a kneel down to end the half. Next thing I know the sneaky cheating scumbag of a cpu has Reggie Bush making a dart for it and runs 74 yards and gets a touchdown. 28-7 Miami at halftime.

3 plays have New England inside the 30 but then Brady throws a pick. Miami get a bit of bad luck when their man makes the catch inbounds and gets both feet down before being blindsided and spraining his ACL. Miami are utterly devastated by this and punt the ball away. Brady runs onto the field, his golden locks flowing in the Foxboro wind and hits Slater for 72 yards. Lloyd finishes things off with the touchdown. 28-14 MIA with 3:08 left in the 3rd.
    Things are going NE way with 2 stops for negative yards when they get flagged for a bullsh!t roughing the passer call. I wasn't even controlling the rusher. :o I was controlling the safety that had picked the ball off. First down Miami. Butler and Trufant again. Both of them were there but neither were the slightest bit concerned out the man running by them who graciously accepted the long bomb from Tannehill for 6 points. 35-14 MIA. 0:40 left in the 3rd
    Brady to Gronk for 83 yards on one play is good for 6 points. Xp is good. 35-21 MIA 0:28 left in the third.

4th Quarter.
    Miami go 3 and out. McCourty with the deflection on 3rd down. Pats get the ball at their own 38 down by 14 with 7:14 left to play. Game on!
    Brady to Gronk for 62 yards on 1st and 10 gets a touchdown.
    I <3 Gronk!
    Xp is good
    35-28 Miami with 7:06 left to play. Miami have possession. The belief is there. We can do this. The air is electric with anticipation. The fans are buzzing!
    Return man gets to the 24.
    1st and 10: Gain of 8 on a draw.
    2nd and 2: They get a first down.
    1st and 10: 6:18 on the clock.It has to be a run play, I put eight guys in the box and bush still gets the first down. This ain't good.
    1st and 10: Gain of 6. TO by NE. 5:16 on the clock.
    2nd and 4. Wilfork sacks Tannehill for -8 yards.
    3rd and 12: They run the ball on 3rd and 12??? Ok, 3 yard gain.
    4th and 9. Ball gets punted at 4:07 for a touchback.

Ok I have to get 80 yards in 4 minutes with two timeouts and a two minute warning. I DO NOT NEED TO GET ALL EIGHTY YARDS IN ONE PLAY!!!!
    Brady to Welker for 9
    Brady to Welker for 15. Ball at own 44.
    Brady to Welker for long yardage, the safety makes a dive for it, I utter the words oh fcuk and it throws the defender off and it is just deflected instead of intercepted.
    2:57. 2nd and 10. Incomplete to lloyd
    3rd and 10. Gronk gets the 1st down. Clock is running.
    1st and 10: Gronk runs an out to the down marker, gets the ball. Welker makes an outstanding block downfield. Gronk picks up 15 more yards and gets out of bounds.
    Patriots have the ball at MIA 15 with 2:12 on the clock down 35-28 with two timeouts.
    Time to start running the ball and the clock because I'm a gutless coward who doesn't want to throw a pick. Simple counter play by Ridley to get a few yards is a good call. He ends up in the endzone. I'm actually worried about missing the xp, but it is good.
    TIED BALL GAME!! 35-35
    But I'm not celebrating. I'm thinking Oh sh!t, they have the ball with two minutes still to play. :(

Miami return to the 26. They come out in the I-Form, that is a run all the way. Change to a blitz. FUMBLE!! WILFORK FALLS ON IT!! PATS BALL!! PATS BALL!!
    *Two minute warning*
    Pats run some clock but end up on 4th and 2 where the Dolphins take a TO. 1:30 on the clock.
    39 Yard Field Goal is good. Pats take the lead for the first time in the game with 1:26 on the clock.

1st and 10 at the 28. Incomplete.
    2nd and 10: Incomplete
    3rd and 10: It's picked off by Patrick Chung!!!! That 8 million franchise tag was worth every cent!

Run picks up 7 yards. Another runs gets 5 and the first down. Miami take their last timeout. 0:58 left.
    Brady takes a knee and another to bring us to the final whistle.

The Gatorade Man of the Match was Brady.
    Dunno who my MotM would be and I don't care. I'm just delighted that I could come back from a three touchdown deficit.

Brady: 16/29. 507 Yards. 4 TD. 2 Int. 17.4 Avg. 85 Long
    Tannehill: 12/19. 210 Yards 4 TD. 2 Int. 11.0 Avg 62 Long.

Bush: 213 on 25 Carries 1 TD
    Ridley: 48 on 10 Carries 1 TD

Gronk: 186 on 4 Catches. 2 TD. 83 Long
    Lloyd: 58 on 4 Catches. 1 TD
    Welker: 3 for 79
    Brown: 2 for 34
    Vereen: 1 catch for 85
    Slater: 1 catch for 72
    Ridley: 1 catch for -7

Smelter for the fins had 6 catches for 117, 3 TD's and a visit to the doctor for his troubles.

Chung and Mayo each had a pick.Chung had a FF. Wilfork had a recovery and a sack. Roth had a sack.

Gowtowski was 1/1 (39 yards) on FG and 5/5 on XP
    Mesko had 1 punt for 43 yards.

Patriots for 3-0. Bye week up next. Will help Brady ice and rest that shoulder after 507 passing yards gets him a second appearance on the Top ten passing yards in a game list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Giants overcome Cowboys 21 - 14

Giants 272 yards 31 rushing 241 passing

No turnovers

Cowboys 297 rushing 155 passing 142

3 INT 2 Fum

Giants put together a strong defense in the first taking a 14 point lead, Cowboys get there run game going and make it one score leaving 43 secs on the clock. Giants manage to stretch the lead to 2 scores, thanks to some outstanding weaving from Nicks.

21-7 halftime.

For the second half the Giants were content to let the cowboys run the ball, giving up lots of downs to let the clock run down.

After reading the game management thread. I decided to be happy to give up small runs and hope for a turnover rather then aggressively looking or tackles for a loss.

Rookie TE has being a disaster, he has the speed the break away from coverage but cant catch it to save his life.

I should have given up a crucial INT inside the last min, somehow Beckum caught it in triple coverage.

Thank for the game rob. At times I think I was blessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

The Matthew Stafford era did not get off to the most auspicious start today.

Giants 21-14 Cowboys

The game-changing moments, (almost) all of which went in favour of the Giants
    -(0-0)Stafford throws pick on first series, not a great throw, slightly behind Austin. Great play by Webster
    -(7-0 NYG) Stafford throws another pick. This time it's all Webster, he's in man on Bryant and Bryant breaks his route as Stafford throws, Webster jumps it perfectly.
    -(14-7 NYG) Leave about 0:40 on clock after scoring, and despite being in Cover 2 Deep, Nicks somehow takes a short pass and runs away from my defense to score just before the half
    -(21-7 NYG) Stafford throws meaningless Hail Mary pick as half expires
    -(21-14 NYG) Bryant fumbles after catching a first down in the red zone
    -(21-14 NYG) As Eli looks to kill the clock with a first down on 3rd and medium, Cowboys defense keys in on Beckhum, have him triple covered (CB/LB/S), Eli throws to him, cannot even see the ball and can't believe he caught it. This allows Giants to kill more clock leaving me abut 0:18 left and Stafford throws another INT on a Hail Mary to end the game.

And nearly forgot, LOLB Spencer broke his femur midway through the game and is out for the season.

Can only blame Stafford/me for one of those picks I suppose. Webster was great in coverage and Hail Mary is a crapshoot. Murray had a decent game, although did fumble, thankfully recovered. Just one of those games.

Well played empacher, kept me guessing on pass/run, pity you had no mic, good luck with rest of the season (not too much luck though in the NFC East)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 weeks in a row Stafford has given a game to the Giants, surely some kind of record.

empacher, you're going to have to pay half his salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

adrian522 wrote: »
    2 weeks in a row Stafford has given a game to the Giants, surely some kind of record.

empacher, you're going to have to pay half his salary.

Just need to check my schedule, need to have Stafford passed on to ben or berty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

empacher wrote: »
    Just need to check my schedule, need to have Stafford passed on to ben or berty

I passed on Stafford already due only to cap considerations going forward. But what you seem to be saying really is that I am lucky I have a good Accountant at Arrowhead !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ CPU Falcons
    Falcons have a quick 3 and out Titans kick a FG.. but it drops just short another 3 and out for the Falcons then a TD for Cookie.

3 and out for the Falcons
    But Lockers fondness for ints.. though this one is just ridiculous the line backer turns into stretch armstrong to leap 10 yards and catch a ball.
    Falcons miss a FG, Titans run it but see what should be an easy pass.. throw it and its picked off.. a few plays later and its TD Falcons.

HT and its 7-7 Titans to receive.

They do and then punt, McCourty picks off a pass Locker hits Cookie for another TD, 3 and out for the Falcons Locker hits Williams for a TD.

Ryan
    then hits 6th gear and gets a Falcons TD to make it 21-14.. Titans int.. tried to force it! Titans force a 3 and out.. Falcons go for it they dont get it

Johnson is tackled for losses and Titans then try to get the first down and its picked off

then what would be probably the best play of the game, Falcons hit Turner on a screen and he ploughs through 4 Titans and falls into the end zone

1:28 left and its 21-21. Johnson then breaks off a run to get the Titans ont he edge of FG range but then Johnson spins and takes it into the end zone

28-21 Titans a win but not a pretty one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Broncos best the Jets ! 13-7 well played . Great gameplan, hope I get my revenge in the play offs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Well done Perrin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Perri committed to the run . Threw the ball away when needed and plate solid bend not break defense.

Ye he got fumbles at the right times but if you force a team to march all the way down the field you increase the chance of turnovers .

He didn't panic even when I was driving down the field for a game winning touchdown . I was then picked off in the endzone .

Will have to work on my game more !

Better player won ! Watch out berty !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks Dave,I think I just got the luck on the day.
    The game really was jets offense versus broncos defense.
    Jets even ended the game with more yards on the run and passing.
    Keys moments I guess were the picks and fumbles where I think the jets had 4 fumbles(2 of which they recovered) and broncos had 1(which the jets recovered).
    Touchdowns were a pick 6 for the broncos right at the start of the game for von miller, and for woodyard I think for the jets on the next drive,both in the first quarter I believe.Funny on the jets TD I was usering my LB that was tracking woodyard,just before the ball came out woodyard slipped,I tried to cut across with my LB for the big intercept but missed and woodyard marched in.
    After that broncos added on 2 field goals and at the end of the game they had to survive when the jets marched down the field(when in my mind I was sure was gonna be the winning Td) but managed to be picked off on the redzone.

With regards to gameplan,well I had tried out completely new tactics against Berty which backfired quite spectacularly in that game so I completely changed tactics for this game again.Also I was taking alot of time calling plays as I was going into formations and picking plays(which I don't really do) as opposed to just going into ask madden(I still did that though.) so sorry about that dave as I was quite slow doing it.
    Also I lost Williams my ROLB early in the 1st quarter,he's rated 88 is now out for 6 games :(.Although if there was 1 position in my whole squad I had cover for it was there so its not too bad.
    And 1 other thing Dave mentioned to me in the game was that I was playing my WR Decker(rated 81 at wr) at TE.The reasoning why that is because I drafted a rookie WR at the draft who I decided to play ahead of him as I don't really like decker,so then after I noticed as I flicked through my depth chart that decker was also rated 79 at TE so I put him as my no.2 TE behind Tamme.I had intended to pick up a TE in post free agent but I had to sort my LE and DT problems first and by then I had played 2 games and he had done ok and so I left him there.

Next up I think its Berty again,have to go away had a long hard think about that game

:eek: I'm beating Dave and the Jets

Good job Perrin. :D

• Advertisement

Perrin, let's have a chat. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bet you're regretting that game management thread already Dave!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Bet you're regretting that game management thread already Dave!! :D

Exactly what I was going to say. :D

I actually found the Broncos one of the toughest teams I played all last season. Well done Perrin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

madalig12 wrote: »
    Rams 24
    49ers 45

0/7/10/7
    10/21/7/7

Smith 131.3. 14/20 346yrd 5td
    Campbell 84.6. 19/31. 289trd 3td
    Bradford 76.5. 4/7 45yrd

Rush
    Hunter 11/35
    Pead 7/-3
    Thomas 5/-3

Receiving
    Pead 8/90 1td
    Dressen 7/116 1td
    Armstrong 5/174 2td*
    Davis 4/91 2td

A restarted game at 7-0 to San Fran in the first.
    The restart got off to a cracker with fumbles and interceptions abound. At least both teams weren't wearing white this time! Niners cut out the mistakes and lead 31-7 at the half with the Rams just nicking one as the clock ran out.
    Rams got the ball and drove up right away for a TD. Niners just kept matching their scores till they ran out the clock. Rams running game was shut down but they have a good o line and didn't take any non-late sacks all game:rolleyes: good passing game just got of to a bad start and got too far behind. Expect a tougher game next time round.

Jesus what a game! Both good and bad for the Rams.
    Seems like my players decide to phone it in in the 1st half and then realise that they need to play to win!!
    Bradford will be getting benched and possibly traded after another dreadful display!
    Campbell on the other hand was much more assured and was throwing darts all over the field (was gonna say lasers, but i think Tebow has copyrighted that)
    Think the Niners took their foot off the gas after the half and that allowed me to get back into the game.

Onto the topic of the Dirty Niners and their late hits!!!
    Anyone with a fragile QB watch out!:P
    Campbell was having a quiet drink on the sideline when Aldon Smith levelled him with a hit, thats how late it was!!!:D:D

guns4all wrote: »
    Jesus what a game! Both good and bad for the Rams.
    Seems like my players decide to phone it in in the 1st half and then realise that they need to play to win!!
    Bradford will be getting benched and possibly traded after another dreadful display!
    Campbell on the other hand was much more assured and was throwing darts all over the field (was gonna say lasers, but i think Tebow has copyrighted that)
    Think the Niners took their foot off the gas after the half and that allowed me to get back into the game.

;)

This pleases Tebow.

<image of Tebow as Jesus>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Smith was off concussed at the time ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Seahwks hammered the Lions. Well done to them, I played really poorly, they played well.

So sick of the lions, just going through the motions at this point.

Even though I've got 2 seemingly elite receivers neither of them can beat press coverage which I faced all day long. On defense I knew exactly what was coming each play more or less but Lynch just ran over tacklers.

I think I could do without the little celebratory dive into the end zone when you are already 20 odd points up.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Lions 8 Seahawks 31

Another strong defensive showing sees the 'Hawk pick up a home win.

Facing solid coverage, Romo took off from the pocket picking up yards and a wallop on the opening drive. Fumble recovered by the defence. Run game. Lynch. 7nil.

Beast mode had his first decent showing of the season. 110 for 24 and 3tds. Little bit of that and we might be ok.

An interception came on the 2nd procession. Same formula as the first to get into the endzone.14nil.

Tough position to be in after only a few minutes.

Memory is sketchy from here! Pettigrew did most of the damage for the Lions. A big man to be sure. A dubious def.interference call with time expired gave the Seahawks a 17nil half time lead.

Offensively there really wasn't anything special about my play. Lions detended quite well. Few 3and outs traded. And then my dbs did as they've been doing and got the picks. Abreu gave Lynch position for his third td.

Lions sought to come back through Pettigrew and Johnson Jr (whose big play never materialised). Pettigrew felt the strain and eventually took one hit too many and left the game. A Delanie Walker td and 2pt perhaps gave Lions hope late on. A Sherman pick 6 however quenced that.

Thats his 4th pick 6 of the year. (Very) Early contender for defensive player of the year? Just putting it out there... :)

Thanks to Adro for the game and best of luck with the season. Now on to my first divisional match with the Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

adrian522 wrote: »
    The Seahwks hammered the Lions. Well done to them, I played really poorly, they played well.

So sick of the lions, just going through the motions at this point.

Even though I've got 2 seemingly elite receivers neither of them can beat press coverage which I faced all day long. On defense I knew exactly what was coming each play more or less but Lynch just ran over tacklers.

I think I could do without the little celebratory dive into the end zone when you are already 20 odd points up.

Sorry,, didn't realise you'd put up a report. Must have been writing as you posted. And yeah, the dive was silly. Not the type of player I am.

• Advertisement

Sorry,, didn't realise you'd put up a report. Must have been writing as you posted. And yeah, the dive was silly. Not the type of player I am.

No worries at all, more pissed off with myself than anything while writing that :)

Best of luck rest of the year,

Advertisement