Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 3 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    The Seahwks hammered the Lions. Well done to them, I played really poorly, they played well.

So sick of the lions, just going through the motions at this point.

Even though I've got 2 seemingly elite receivers neither of them can beat press coverage which I faced all day long. On defense I knew exactly what was coming each play more or less but Lynch just ran over tacklers.

I think I could do without the little celebratory dive into the end zone when you are already 20 odd points up.

I had a divisional playoff game in the PFL tonight same matchup, I was the Lions, Lynch was the exact same, just bowled people over, think the record was 4 people before my safety stopped him.

The Lions Defence is just awful. Jahvid Best also fumbled and cost me a TD cos of it.

I lost by about the same margin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    I had a divisional playoff game in the PFL tonight same matchup, I was the Lions, Lynch was the exact same, just bowled people over, think the record was 4 people before my safety stopped him.

The Lions Defence is just awful. Jahvid Best also fumbled and cost me a TD cos of it.

I lost by about the same margin.

Dont feel so bad now, Really thought I'd improved my team for this season but apparently not. 1-2 with Matthew and Berty in 2 of my next 3 games.

Can see myself winning maybe 5 or 6 games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »

Dont feel so bad now, Really thought I'd improved my team for this season but apparently not. 1-2 with Matthew and Berty in 2 of my next 3 games.

Can see myself winning maybe 5 or 6 games this year.

Bright side is if you keep it up you are in with a shout for the niners in madden 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Bengals 17 - 48 Steelers.

The Bengals leave Steel City cursing the name Mike Jenkins, the CB, an off season pick up for a second rounder, finished up picking Dalton 4 times returning 2. The picks were the story here. Dalton threw 4 in the first quarter which had Cincy chasing the game from there on.

The Steelers tried to take the game out of Big Bens hands after his 5 pick performance against Seattle last day out but his funk continued today as he threw another 2 today. Karma I guess after his GM picked him for QB of the year in the pre-season polls.

Having struggled running the ball Pittsburgh focused on running the ball and McCoy finished with 92 yards, Norwood had 64 and Redman had 30.

On defence, both teams played well but the Bengals D was run ragged from being on the field so long. Taylor Mays and Manny Lawson were close to double figure solo tackle each!!! The main difference for the team was QB pressure, Bengals only got to Ben once with Bob Quinn while the eternally youthful James Harrison took down Dalton 3 time.

Thanks for the game Neko, I dunno what I can say, Jenkins just seemed to Bea magnet today, you were unlucky with some of the passes. Sink any xp you can into your receivers catching cause they were open, they just lost it when hit.

Another divisional game for the Bengals as they host the Ravens next and The Steelers welcome The Rams to Heinz Field.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Panthers 31-10 Bears. 21-10 at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Both teams entered on 0-2 so both anxious for a win

Both sides shut down their opponents rushing attempts

Beanie Wells 17 for 39yd
    Trent Richardson 14 for 20 yds

No freezing cold gusts from Lake Erie here so the ball was aired out early and often

Brandon Weedon 7 of 13 76yd 1 TD 3 INTS
    Josh Freeman 14 of 30 134 yd 0 TD 6 INT, one fumble lost

Not suprisinly leading receiver was Larry Fitz with double digit catches and over 100yds

Browns GM commented on the over reliance of Larry Fitz and why the other Cardinals receivers were not getting attention

The reason soon became clear with Chad Johnson beating his man, racing 30 yds down the field and the ball hit his helmet :P

Time and again the Cards GM called excellent plays to get the big Tight Ends Matt Mulligan and Jeremy Shockey open but they were unreliable, 0 catches

Weeden started solidly, hitting Lee Evans on several slants. Evans has taken over the Josh Cribbs role.
    And Weeden passed a beauty into the corner of the endzone for a Massaquoi TD

Browns GM clearly didn't take onboard Dave's advice as Weeden did what he did in Week 1 and Week 2. Throw long bomb interceptions into double coverage :rolleyes:. Absolutly no need for it :rolleyes:
    Weeden also gave up a pick to linebacker Sergio Kindle but it was a bit freaky, he was falling to the ground, ball spun straight up in the air and the linebacker took it. Twas mad :pac:

Cards GM called a good game on D, just need more reliable recievers, Larry Fitz can't do it all.

MVP
    T J Ward, Strong Safety, 2 tackles, two INTs including a pick 6 and a forced fumble

Good game Cards, good luck for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Both teams entered on 0-2 so both anxious for a win

Both sides shut down their opponents rushing attempts

Beanie Wells 17 for 39yd
    Trent Richardson 14 for 20 yds

No freezing cold gusts from Lake Erie here so the ball was aired out early and often

Brandon Weedon 7 of 13 76yd 1 TD 3 INTS
    Josh Freeman 14 of 30 134 yd 0 TD 6 INT, one fumble lost

Not suprisinly leading receiver was Larry Fitz with double digit catches and over 100yds

Browns GM commented on the over reliance of Larry Fitz and why the other Cardinals receivers were not getting attention

The reason soon became clear with Chad Johnson beating his man, racing 30 yds down the field and the ball hit his helmet :P

Time and again the Cards GM called excellent plays to get the big Tight Ends Matt Mulligan and Jeremy Shockey open but they were unreliable, 0 catches

Weeden started solidly, hitting Lee Evans on several slants. Evans has taken over the Josh Cribbs role.
    And Weeden passed a beauty into the corner of the endzone for a Massaquoi TD

Browns GM clearly didn't take onboard Dave's advice as Weeden did what he did in Week 1 and Week 2. Throw long bomb interceptions into double coverage :rolleyes:. Absolutly no need for it :rolleyes:
    Weeden also gave up a pick to linebacker Sergio Kindle but it was a bit freaky, he was falling to the ground, ball spun straight up in the air and the linebacker took it. Twas mad :pac:

Cards GM called a good game on D, just need more reliable recievers, Larry Fitz can't do it all.

MVP
    T J Ward, Strong Safety, 2 tackles, two INTs including a pick 6 and a forced fumble

Good game Cards, good luck for the season
    Great defensive plays from browns,shutdown freeman completely, forcing fumbles and pick 6's, first ever shutout for the cards under current GM
    Well played mike,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

mikemac1 wrote: »

I loled at that sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I loled at that sentence
    I cried...

Advertisement