Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Online Payee

Options
  • 30-01-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Anyone else trying to add Payee with Bank of Ireland online?
    I contacted Bank of Ireland customer service and said they need to add the Canadian Embassy to their list to be verified and they are still waiting on the Embassy to get back to them so they can verify them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 luudawg

ya im havin the same problem, fairly frustratin to say the least, i went into an AIB branch to make sure the details were right of the payee. and he told me theyve had people with AIB customers ave been transferen money to the account all day, im waitin on a call back too they said it could be friday, ud think they would have this sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

So frustrating! I've tried a few times! Think I'll head into my local AIB tomorrow!

if you have an AIB account then go for it but if not you can only lodge the money and thats no good for proof of payment.. . BOI offered to do the transfer for me at a cost of 25euro.... im like if you can do it why cant i ?? im gonna wait till the 1st. really is bs though.. long time waitin for this

luudawg wrote: »
    if you have an AIB account then go for it but if not you can only lodge the money and thats no good for proof of payment.. . BOI offered to do the transfer for me at a cost of 25euro.... im like if you can do it why cant i ?? im gonna wait till the 1st. really is bs though.. long time waitin for this

Oh really? I only have a BOI account.... :( So I can't lodge the money then if I go into AIB?

no good no.. has to be threw online electronic funds transfer, and u need a reciept that ul only get threw that method, just have too wait till they sort it out :/ il sue boi if i dont get goin!!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I sent my payment over 24 hours ago and I'm still pending! Anyone else waiting this long?

no good no.. has to be threw online electronic funds transfer, and u need a reciept that ul only get threw that method, just have too wait till they sort it out :/ il sue boi if i dont get goin!!! haha

Well that settles that! Guess I'll have to wait! So annoying I just want to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

Tonto86, are you with aib? did u get a proper reciept or what exactly did u send as proof of payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I presume this isn't sorted yet?

Is the only option to send a bank draft or have an existing AIB account if you want to transfer electronically?

Edit: Just saw this on the pdf The payment towards the Program Participation Fee must be made through an Electronic Funds Transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I just went to AIB and lodged the money into their acc and got a photocopy of the entire stamped lodgement slip gonna upload that, can't wait on boi to fix the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

gary27 wrote: »
    I just went to AIB and lodged the money into their acc and got a photocopy of the entire stamped lodgement slip gonna upload that, can't wait on boi to fix the issue.

Wish I had done that. wasn't thinking

took a copy of the receipt I was given but was missing account name and Payment reference number which I just filled in myself hope it works

Wish I had done that. wasn't thinking

took a copy of the receipt I was given but was missing account name and Payment reference number which I just filled in myself hope it works

I was gonna do it yesterday but left it today until I had more info on the receipt part, I'm not sure about yourself you might have to wait and see, hopefully things will work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Rang up BOI to see what the story was and, your one said to me that they've had tons of calls from peoeple with the same issue. She said that the Canadian embassy's account isn't set up in their main database for high use domestic transfers so it will only allow a max of 10 transfers a month into their account. She said it's a safety measure they have up to stop money laundering and the likes and that they need more information from the embassy to allow their account to be added to the database. They(BOI) are fully aware of the issue and that they contacted the Canadian embassy yesterday to inform them but the embassy still haven't got back to them. She said to me to keep trying over the next few days and to contact the IEC to tell them the problem is on their end and not BOI's.

I'm gonna wait till they get it sorted and pay it they way they want it because they can be quite particular about how these things are done, plus their's no immediate rush since we have till the 8th/9th Feb to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats what I literally just did, paid in cash, got them to photocopy the whole thing with the payment details, hope to fcuk they accept it, anyone else done the same and been verified? it has all the info needed.

Its actually ludicrous you cant just pay the embassy through paypal or with a credit card, its 2013 ffs you should be able to do this on your phone!

krudler wrote: »
    thats what I literally just did, paid in cash, got them to photocopy the whole thing with the payment details, hope to fcuk they accept it, anyone else done the same and been verified? it has all the info needed.

Its actually ludicrous you cant just pay the embassy through paypal or with a credit card, its 2013 ffs you should be able to do this on your phone!

So its ok if I go into AIB with cash and lodge it that way? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    So its ok if I go into AIB with cash and lodge it that way? :(

Hope so, seems a lot of people are, if its rejected I'll do an online transfer through BOI when they sort it out after the weekend and look for a refund from AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

BOI online is working now!

stevenf17 wrote: »
    BOI online is working now!

just after I used AIB, hopefully the AIB slip is verified.

yes finally u can transfer with boi... my next problem.. how do i get this electronic reciept??????

yes finally u can transfer with boi... my next problem.. how do i get this electronic reciept??????

can you copy the entire screen using the screen copied function its hold crtl then press prt sc/sys rq button on keyboard then paste into paint crop it and save as jpeg, not sure if that would be enough.

• Advertisement

Aww Brilliant! I've added them as a payee! I'll transfer the money later on tonight when I get my wages! :D So glad its sorted. Do send a screengrab as the receipt?

it dosent have everything they ask for ie my name, account # refference of payment, they can clearly see in there account that we would have sent the money, seems a bit ott, not sure what to do:confused:

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Aww Brilliant! I've added them as a payee! I'll transfer the money later on tonight when I get my wages! :D So glad its sorted. Do send a screengrab as the receipt?

possibly ring boi for advice but you would need all the information as per pdf, maybe go into a boi branch, i think there are some other members which used boi online as I went into AIB due the boi payee thing not working.

cheers for the advice dude but ive been there, the teller told me shes never heard of any kind of reciept like that. il try aib now, surely there most be an easier way, every boi custumer will have to do this??? i emailed the embassy there see if they can help

cheers for the advice dude but ive been there, the teller told me shes never heard of any kind of reciept like that. il try aib now, surely there most be an easier way, every boi custumer will have to do this??? i emailed the embassy there see if they can help

Let us know if you get a reply! I don't get my wages till midnight so I won't be able to do it before then. Would love to use my BOI online banking so fingers crossed it will be easy enough!

i just went into AIB filled out a lodgement slip got it stamped and photocopied and make sure ie number on slip, not sure if every boi customer will do this but it might be quicker lodging to do it at AIB branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

i just went into AIB filled out a lodgement slip got it stamped and photocopied and make sure ie number on slip, not sure if every boi customer will do this but it might be quicker lodging to do it at AIB branch.

When did you do this Gary? I done exact same as you yest at 2pm and as of yet no reply or inclination that the embassey will accept that type of receipt. How long you reckon we'll be waiting before a reply u reckon? cheers

The_Poznan wrote: »
    When did you do this Gary? I done exact same as you yest at 2pm and as of yet no reply or inclination that the embassey will accept that type of receipt. How long you reckon we'll be waiting before a reply u reckon? cheers

I did it this morning so hopefully will hear later today, i hear some people that did it yesterday in the morning and got word around 7 ish but then again some are still waiting from yesterday.

so i went into aib but the teller told me that my info would not be in there system...she told me to go back to boi, so i then called boi and i was told they could send me the statement with all the required info on it. but that could take aweek so i registered for estatements, and i should be able to upload the reciept tomorow... somehow im thinkin im gonna be runnin round tomorow too :/ didnt hear back from the embassy

• Advertisement
Advertisement