Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadburys Egg N Spoon

Options
  • 08-01-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭

Saw these today and picked one up. I can't resist a gimmick and while I'm not a Cadbury Creme Egg fan - and put off all Cadbury eggs by association - I have to say I enjoyed the mousse in these. They were a big success in Europe last year and now they've decided to release them here. The real draw is the fantastic packaging....

Cadbury+Egg+'n'+Spoon.jpg9

Cadbury+Egg+

Cadbury+Egg+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

They look like they might be nice.

Terry's had an 'egg & spoon' exactly like that before, but it was some odd orange flavoured chocolate goo in the middle and wasn't really nice at all. That's a few years ago I think.

79410pw150.jpg

562547.jpg

562560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone try these yet?

Decided to treat myself and the other half are picked up a pack of 4 there for later.

cad-eggspoon1.jpg

Be warned.. Tesco are charging a whopping €4.99 for a 4 pack, whereas I got them in my local Spar for €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What is the point of the spoon? Can you not just eat it in your hand?

What are you? A bloody caveman..

.. ah no, there's like a mousse on the inside to scoop out!

That is just pointless. The effort of eating it is not worth the tastiness I'd say.

Like a creme egg has goo inside it, yet there is no need for a spoon. I'm writing a formal letter of complaint to Cadbury. This is just madness.

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    That is just pointless. The effort of eating it is not worth the tastiness I'd say.

Like a creme egg has goo inside it, yet there is no need for a spoon. I'm writing a formal letter of complaint to Cadbury. This is just madness.
    I reached for a pen but accidentally hit the spoon sitting next to it and it flew upwards and hit me in the eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The spoons should be made of chocolate. With some thick foil or something at the end of the handle to minimise melt-age. They missed a trick there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

Faith wrote: »
    Threads merged.

There was more than one thread on this? The world is doomed...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Bloody love these things, put em in the fridge and the moose goes a bit harder, it's awesome! Expensive a hell but I noticed tesco upped their prices as they were 3.89 at first so I reckon they'll be either reduced to half price or be on a BOGOF deal very soon.

I've also heard Dunnes will be reducing them sometime in feb, I'm kinda holding off till they're reduced to get em again and a fiver a pop is hard to stomach!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Bloody love these things, put em in the fridge and the moose goes a bit harder

And people think horse meat in beef burgers is bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Got these in dunnes for €3 not worth a fiver IMO (but im a sucker for a gimmick!) Chocolate shell is quite thin on them compared to the shell on a creme egg. I wouldn't buy them again I'll be sticking to a trusty creme egg!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Got these in dunnes for €3 not worth a fiver IMO (but im a sucker for a gimmick!) Chocolate shell is quite thin on them compared to the shell on a creme egg. I wouldn't buy them again I'll be sticking to a trusty creme egg!

When did ya get them for 3 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

When did ya get them for 3 quid?

Sunday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jesus, they have them in Asda in the UK for £2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tosser5

they are gorgeous, i bought them in supervalu for 4.50 euro only to realise that they are 3 euro in dunnes there's two types one with vanilla mousse and the other choc mousse both delicious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't like the Choc moose - only the vanilla.

The vanilla is far nicer..

.. currently €2.50 in Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tried the chocolate one today, very disappointing, tastes a bit like cheap cooking chocolate. The vanilla one is lovely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I think these are the greatest thing I've had in a while: so tasty, the chocolate mousse is perfect, the egg itself is delicious. Very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I love all things eggy and cadburys but I find the moose lacking. there needs to be a permanent cheap price point for these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Dunnes are doing a saver deal at the moment, €2.49 a pack.

Advertisement