Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR - electronics supplier?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Is there a decent supplier with a good range of PVR hard disk video recorders in stock? Could be in Donegal or in the North - can't seem to find anywhere......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Might try Gateway Alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Thanks - that's security stuff. I'm looking for a video - maybe combined with a Blu Ray player

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

TroutMask wrote: »
    Thanks - that's security stuff. I'm looking for a video - maybe combined with a Blu Ray player

You mean like Freeview or Freesat recorders?

Kinda similar, I already have the sat decoder so was thinking a PVR combined with a Blu Ray player might be nice, since I don't have a Blu Ray. PC World have 'em in Dublin, but the Currys in L'kenny has only the LG. TBH I'd prefer to go with a local business either in Donegal or the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why not pop over to the Richer Sounds talk to forum and ask there. They might have something like that in stock.

Reynolds is another place you could try.

Im not sure what type of PVR you will be able to get as most come as part of the sat decoder.

• Advertisement

Cool - i'll check out that forum. I thought Reynolds only did music & PA equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cool - i'll check out that forum. I thought Reynolds only did music & PA equipment
    They do (or at least used to) a fair selection of all household electrical stuff.

Come to think of it Ben Sweeneys (Euronics) might be worth a call also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Apologies, I read it as DVR. Must have it on the brain at the moment :o

Well, we're all on our guard these days with these rogues of the night roaming unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Kinda similar, I already have the sat decoder so was thinking a PVR combined with a Blu Ray player might be nice, since I don't have a Blu Ray. PC World have 'em in Dublin, but the Currys in L'kenny has only the LG. TBH I'd prefer to go with a local business either in Donegal or the North.

If your decoder has a USB port and a record function you may be able to use as PVR... Save,pause,rewind etc

• Advertisement

Wow - thanks much Firblog! Turns out this thing has a USB on the front - plugged in a storage device - pressed Record and away it went! The playback quality is great on the unit itself, it won't open on a computer without conversion (i'm using Kigo on OS X) - and then the quality is degraded somewhat. I'll have to experiment more.

Thanks again, you saved me a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Glad to have helped.... my day just got a little better :)

I'm quite techy - but new to all this satellite stuff! Gettin' there.........

Advertisement