Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Leaving cert in Dublin

• 30-01-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi hope im in the right forum, my brother is 19 and would like to go back and do his leaving cert can anyone tell me where in Dublin, the city centre preferable can he do his leaving. What colleges or schools can he apply to? We're from Navan so the Dublin city centre would be the best area. Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Institute of Education

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Trisha XxX

0mega wrote: »
    Institute of Education

Just looked it up the fees are ridiculous!! But thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Try o Connell school its in the centre of Dublin or plunkets in drumcondra which isnt that far from the city. Not sure about o Connell but plunkets fees arent too bad :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I'm in rathmines college and it's pretty good. Most of my teachers are excellent even better than some of them in my private school last year.

It's so easy to get to from the city centre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plenty of schools offering repeat Leaving for reasonable prices. You don't have to go to businesses like the Institute.

Is there a reason why he wants to come to Dublin, rather than finding somewhere local to Navan?

• Advertisement

Wow thanks for all the suggestions great stuff. Will check it all out thanks a million guys seriously. He just wants to get out of Navan to be honest. Brilliant stuff guys thanks, :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Pearse college crumlin,the fees are 250 for the year or something and they get the job done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

All the City of Dublin VEC colleges, Pearse, Crumlin, Ringsend, Plunkett, Rathmines, Col. Dhúlaigh, etc. should all be charging reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Like if you go to Rathmines they cover the LC course in one year. Where as if he repeats in his local school he gets thrown into sixth when most of the course is covered.

Ok thanks a million. He left after 5th year so can he go and just do 6th? Also how long does it take to get from the city centre to the college in Rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Trisha XxX wrote: »
    Ok thanks a million. He left after 5th year so can he go and just do 6th? Also how long does it take to get from the city centre to the college in Rathmines?
    As far as I know you can,I suppose like everything it will depend on who he deals with,but since he's covered fifth I don't see why not as long as he can keep up with the work.Its about 10 minutes on the bus or a 20 minute walk to central bank.Lots of bus routes serve rathmines and the city,so if he's looking for accomadation it might be worth his while looking a bit further out as may find a nicer place to stay for cheaper or the same price and still have easy access to both the city and college.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    As far as I know you can,I suppose like everything it will depend on who he deals with,but since he's covered fifth I don't see why not as long as he can keep up with the work.Its about 10 minutes on the bus or a 20 minute walk to central bank.Lots of bus routes serve rathmines and the city,so if he's looking for accomadation it might be worth his while looking a bit further out as may find a nicer place to stay for cheaper or the same price and still have easy access to both the city and college.

Ok thanks so much for all the advice. :)

Advertisement