Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible feature for touch.boards.ie

Options
  • 30-01-2013 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

We're wondering if there's any benefit to a "New PM" button being added in (probably to the header, but that's not confirmed) where clicking it could bring you to a page with a blank text field for the name and then a bigger one for the message.

Would you like to see a "New PM" button added to the touch screen version of the site 14 votes

Yes, I'd use that
    0% 0 votes
    No, I see no need for it
    100% 14 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I said yes because I thought it'd be useful for others. I hardly PM meself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I said yes because I thought it'd be useful for others. I hardly PM meself. :o

I don't PM myself either, prefer to PM other users :pac::pac:

Edit: I voted no. Don't really think there's a huge demand for it, I PM people regularly enough but I don't think I'd use it that often!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I don't really see a need for it tbh. If I need to send a pm to someone, then all I have to do is do a search for them and send one through their profile.

If the touch site is being developed further, I'd much prefer additions that would be in higher demand, such as a "mark forum read" button, or an option to multi-quote posts, or more options when replying to a post such as adding spoiler tags/youtube tags etc.
    Maybe more search functionality in a users profile -like on the main site where you can search for thanked/quoted posts etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I get more PM's than most and any improvement would help but the lack of this feature is not the main reason I don't use boards touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You can pm yourself?! Goodbye loneliness!

I was going to suggest some way to highlight threads you've posted in, like the desktop version, maybe a coloured asterix in place of the icon: http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/statusicon/thread_dot_hot.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I get more PM's than most and any improvement would help but the lack of this feature is not the main reason I don't use boards touch.

You tease, tell us more :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I wouldn't think it a feature that'd be used that much, certainly not on touch where there's no name auto-fill facility like on the desktop site.

I would think a "Mark this forum/Mark all forums read" would be far more useful, but given how well the function is hidden on the desktop site, I won't hold my breath to see it transfer to the touch site any time soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it a feature that'd be used that much, certainly not on touch where there's no name auto-fill facility like on the desktop site.

I would think a "Mark this forum/Mark all forums read" would be far more useful, but given how well the function is hidden on the desktop site, I won't hold my breath to see it transfer to the touch site any time soon!

Took the words out of my mouth. It would be nice, but there are more important things like the makr this forum read function

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've always wanted one of those buttons on the mail site.

The "Send New Message" link is a bit tucked away for quick access.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just an easier way to get into the Inbox IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement