Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block laying costs

Options
  • 30-01-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Currently pricing my new build. The two Block layers I've priced so far are quoting a euro a block. Thought this is what they were charging during the boom. Anyone have any similar quotes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

In the south west quotes last summer ranged from €0.35 - €0.90 per block labour only Exc VAT. You will get what you pay for in this area as in most areas of your build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Does the 1 quid a block include their own labourer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

john_cappa wrote: »
    Does the 1 quid a block include their own labourer?
    I was thinking about this earlier. Yeah I suppose it does. No mention of it. Got the prices to build the house rather than price per block but works out round a euro a block. Hadn't taken this into account. I suppose This would knock a good bit off the euro a block.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Currently paying 0.80 cent per block for 215 or 100mm above or below ground.

This includes all lintels and cills, cavity trays. DPC's are €1.00/m extra over.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

90 cent- €1 is normal these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

We are paying 74c a block

After tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Yes final price. He came down to that from 81c but for doing it at that price he is also doing the stone work which is more expensive. We had three guys recommended for block laying. Two guys came in at around the same the other guy a bit lower but we rather the guy we chose and another came in at 1.40.
    I am in a rural area in the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Good price. Does that include a labourer or are you looking after that? What about the footings? I'm getting quotes of 50c a block for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scooby85

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Currently pricing my new build. The two Block layers I've priced so far are quoting a euro a block. Thought this is what they were charging during the boom. Anyone have any similar quotes?

Got my footings done for day work which worked out cheaper and above ground for 75c all in including 215 and 100

• Advertisement

Boom prices were 1.85-2.10.
    So I think 0.95-1 is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hbarstone

never said what price paying for stone per mtr

hbarstone wrote: »
    never said what price paying for stone per mtr

35-40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

Got my 3,000 sq ft house blocked for €10,000 and this included the base work also.

Dealt with all changes and enlargements without fuss. Included labour, machinery (teleporter, etc.), etc..

Advertisement