Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustration / lack of customer service

Options
  • 30-01-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just a quick rant to vent my frustration at the awful customer service I received....

Having watched the contractors upgrade the cabling for 6 weeks on the road outside my house, I asked them what it was for. I was surprised and pleased to learn that they were upgrading the system to allow eircom provide broadband to the area. Delighted I rang Eircom. As the work wasnt completed I had to wait a few weeks. No problem. I had waited 9 years for the upgrade. I was always aware that the old cabling had been split so many times that any dsl was impossible.

So the week before christmas I ordered broadband. I needed my physical line reconnected as it had fallen many months previous. I was informed at this point that broadband wasnt guaranteed until the line went in. No bother.

Christmas came and went with no word. On 14th Jan I rang customer service and support for 2 hours to eventually be promised a call back. Seems when there is outstanding work to be done, nobody can say who, when, etc...

Promised call back never materialised so another evening on the phone being swapped from sales to support to broadband support......aaaggghhh

Another week passed before an engineer arrived and reconnected my line. Nice man but a days work it was not....Line installed after much changing of corroded liinks outside the house. To be expected with an old connection I suppose.

Excellent, the following day I got a text to say I was connected. Like a child I rang immediately to do a line test. Passed, all good. Was onto broadband support at this stage. Asked what happened next was that the line would be enabled and the hardware posted to me.

Daily waits for the postman.....nothing arrived. A week passed, 10 days passed. No communication from Eircom. So AGAIN I had to ring to find out what was happening.

"sorry sir no record of any broadband order" !!!! seriously.

I had to start the process all over. Onto Sales to re-order broadband. Oops. Line connection failure. Nothing they can do. 

I tried to explain that from the exchange to my house was completely new cabling. No interest. "The computer says no". I thought it was a Little Britain sketch until now.

I have to smile and say thanks. Dont understand why nobody cares that a whole new system of cabling is faulty. On the road I have a friend whose phone cant even receive calls anymore, an earthing problem he is told.

Could it be my phonewatch connection, could it be there is a fault in the new line that needs to be fixed, etc etc etc.

I have happily survived without Eircom broadband for years as I knew the cabling was old. But how can Eircom not even investigate a whole new system to see why its failing..

Frustrated and disillusioned I had to cancel my order. Complete lack of Customer service. As I worked in Tech Support for 10 years I know what to expect and this was below any expectations. 

to not even be told at any point what was happening, and for Eircom not to know is baffling.

Adios Eircom,

more frustrating now is the fact that all other DSL providers use the same line and with the "computer says no" system of line testing I cant even call them.

Rant over,

Neverhappy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

NeverHappy wrote: »
    Just a quick rant to vent my frustration at the awful customer service I received....

Having watched the contractors upgrade the cabling for 6 weeks on the road outside my house, I asked them what it was for. I was surprised and pleased to learn that they were upgrading the system to allow eircom provide broadband to the area. Delighted I rang Eircom. As the work wasnt completed I had to wait a few weeks. No problem. I had waited 9 years for the upgrade. I was always aware that the old cabling had been split so many times that any dsl was impossible.

So the week before christmas I ordered broadband. I needed my physical line reconnected as it had fallen many months previous. I was informed at this point that broadband wasnt guaranteed until the line went in. No bother.

Christmas came and went with no word. On 14th Jan I rang customer service and support for 2 hours to eventually be promised a call back. Seems when there is outstanding work to be done, nobody can say who, when, etc...

Promised call back never materialised so another evening on the phone being swapped from sales to support to broadband support......aaaggghhh

Another week passed before an engineer arrived and reconnected my line. Nice man but a days work it was not....Line installed after much changing of corroded liinks outside the house. To be expected with an old connection I suppose.

Excellent, the following day I got a text to say I was connected. Like a child I rang immediately to do a line test. Passed, all good. Was onto broadband support at this stage. Asked what happened next was that the line would be enabled and the hardware posted to me.

Daily waits for the postman.....nothing arrived. A week passed, 10 days passed. No communication from Eircom. So AGAIN I had to ring to find out what was happening.

"sorry sir no record of any broadband order" !!!! seriously.

I had to start the process all over. Onto Sales to re-order broadband. Oops. Line connection failure. Nothing they can do. 

I tried to explain that from the exchange to my house was completely new cabling. No interest. "The computer says no". I thought it was a Little Britain sketch until now.

I have to smile and say thanks. Dont understand why nobody cares that a whole new system of cabling is faulty. On the road I have a friend whose phone cant even receive calls anymore, an earthing problem he is told.

Could it be my phonewatch connection, could it be there is a fault in the new line that needs to be fixed, etc etc etc.

I have happily survived without Eircom broadband for years as I knew the cabling was old. But how can Eircom not even investigate a whole new system to see why its failing..

Frustrated and disillusioned I had to cancel my order. Complete lack of Customer service. As I worked in Tech Support for 10 years I know what to expect and this was below any expectations. 

to not even be told at any point what was happening, and for Eircom not to know is baffling.

Adios Eircom,

more frustrating now is the fact that all other DSL providers use the same line and with the "computer says no" system of line testing I cant even call them.

Rant over,

Neverhappy.

Hi NeverHappy,

I have been reading through your post. I am very sorry to hear about the whole broadband ordeal that you went through.

Can you send me a private message with your Name, address & any order / tel Nos: you may have received please. I will check it out and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭NeverHappy

Mark,
    thanks for the response.

I get an error when I try to send u a pm, saying you have pm's switched off.

NH

"eircom: Mark has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove eircom: Mark from the recipient list and send the message again. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi NeverHappy

Sorry about that, would you like to PM me in relation to this instead?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭NeverHappy

Hi NeverHappy

Sorry about that, would you like to PM me in relation to this instead?

Regards

Al
    pm sent

Advertisement