Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying the Programme Participation Fee Proof of Payment Problems

Options
  • 30-01-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Holy illiteration, Batman.

Anyways, I went to pay this this afternoon, and figured I'd share what information I could figure out. Firstly, these two lines in the PDF that IEC sent to me on Kompass:
    The payment towards the Program Participation Fee must be made through an Electronic Funds Transfer to the Embassy of Canada in Dublin using the following information...

and
    No other form of payment will be accepted. As the applicant, you are responsible for all bank charges.

I went to my local EBS branch to try and pay via an Electronic Funds Transfer, but apparently they don't offer that service. I was instructed to go to AIB and lodge the 120 blips into IEC's account there, which I did. However, the piddly receipt with limited (and insufficient) information, plus IEC very explicitly stating that only payments made via 'Electronic Funds Transfer' are acceptable had me worried. This doesn't seem right, since all IEC know is that 120 quid was lodged in their account, with only my World Tracking Number (WTN) as reference, and no mention of the following details that IEC say they want as part of the proof of payment:
    - Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number
    I went back to AIB and spoke again to the teller and refunded the 120 quid, and am now planning to pay it via a relative's AIB bank account. She was kind enough to inform me that about a dozen other people had made similar payments (cash deposits) today, but that doesn't mean they're right.

Does anyone know for sure if cash deposits are accepted? Or even any information regarding Electronic Funds Transfers, i.e, What do they involve? Do the term cover all deposits/withdrawals or is it a specific method of transferring money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

Hi Rowsdower

I mentioned this in another post a few mins ago... explains somewhat the issue you've been having.

I wonder how others are getting round this? Is the visa numbers countdown from people who have submitted their "proof of payment", or from those who opened the IEC a/c's?

Rang AIB who told me that the Canadian Embassy havenot been in touch with the Grafton Street AIB branch to let them know peoplewill be requesting receipts for the visa applications. So, currently, AIB are unable to provide theproper proof of payment for the visaapplication. The guy I spoke with saidlots of people have been paying into the Grafton St A/C nonetheless. How have yea gotten on with submitting thesecond part of applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

well I'm on the same boat. I paid 120 through them kiosk machines in AIB and got my receipt. It didn't have all the details the IEC asked for but thought it was enough as proof of payment!

Got an email back last night indicating that they need more proof with the following details:

- Name of account holder
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-

Went back to AIB this morning to see if they could print out another receipt or something to cover me but they couldn't do much but put a stamp on it.....and here I am confused as of what to do!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just paid in cash in an AIB and they photocopied the slip with all the details, gonna submit that hoe to christ it works, if they start rejecting people because of this it'll suck, not our fault they have an antiquated way of accepting payments :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

mairemoo wrote: »
    well I'm on the same boat. I paid 120 through them kiosk machines in AIB and got my receipt. It didn't have all the details the IEC asked for but thought it was enough as proof of payment!

Got an email back last night indicating that they need more proof with the following details:

- Name of account holder
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-

Went back to AIB this morning to see if they could print out another receipt or something to cover me but they couldn't do much but put a stamp on it.....and here I am confused as of what to do!!??

I did the same thing and got the same email from them but I've been verified since last night. Underneath the information on the receipt write/ type.

- Name of account holder:
    - Name of financial institution:
    - Account number:
    - Amount paid:
    - Date on which payment was made:
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: IE-000XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Eim1

I paid the €120 yesterday. I transferred the money through an AIB Kiosk and got a proper receipt with all the information apart from the ref no for payment and payment purpose. The man in AIB wrote the reference number/payment purpose on it, stamped it and signed it for me. I have received the reference number for payment just waiting to make sure it is correct. Hope this is of help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Anyone make an international payment?

I made a wire transfer from my US bank... but im worried.

I hope mine is verified soon or at least rejected soon so i can reapply!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Got receipt with all info on it, uploaded it all on and locked it in.... My IEC page still says my payment and proof of payment is stil pending, should say submitted!!!!! Anybody else have this problem???? Really anxious now

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Kazkaz2 wrote: »
    Got receipt with all info on it, uploaded it all on and locked it in.... My IEC page still says my payment and proof of payment is stil pending, should say submitted!!!!! Anybody else have this problem???? Really anxious now

Nope it stays as pending until it's verified. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kazkaz2 wrote: »

it takes while to process it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

krudler wrote: »

it takes while to process it

Does anybody know how long before it changes to submitted?
    Thanks everybody for the help, really appreciate it :)
    Also you know where the visas do be ticking down with the amount of them left... Am I still waiting on my provisional place until proof of payment is changed to submitted... Or am I one of the numbers that are taken and I can take a deep breath...???? : & and wait until I hear more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Hey everyone, after a nightmare of an hour and a half in the bank i finally got mines paid for! What i did is got the girl at customer services to write out a letter with all the informatino needed on it and i scanned that in along with my kiosk slip! I've only sent it off so not sure if it will hold up but will keep you informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, after a nightmare of an hour and a half in the bank i finally got mines paid for! What i did is got the girl at customer services to write out a letter with all the informatino needed on it and i scanned that in along with my kiosk slip! I've only sent it off so not sure if it will hold up but will keep you informed!

It worked perfectly for anyone who may not have paid yet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Has anybody paid but not been verified yet? I Paid Friday and still no word, getting quite anxious now...

Has anybody paid but not been verified yet? I Paid Friday and still no word, getting quite anxious now...

Im still waiting for mine since wednesday :/ I think there are a lot more others who are waiting though so I wouldn't worry

I wonder what happens if it goes over the 10th, the deadline for paying?

I wonder what happens if it goes over the 10th, the deadline for paying?

well there was someone from IEC on here and she mentioned that it can take up to 10 days and I am now on my 7th. But I think if you have your wtn number already I think you should be fine. they will either ask for more info or your verfied

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LOL1982

Hi

Just wondering if your payment got verified yet, I paid last Thursday and still says pending, starting to worry now because payment had to be in for 8th Feb.

[Quote=LOL1982;83113194

Just wondering if your payment got verified yet, I paid last Thursday and still says pending, starting to worry now because payment had to be in for 8th Feb.[/Quote]
    Well,
    I'm in the exact same position as yourself, and paid Friday and no word yet... It's a **** position, don't know whether I'm coming or going... I wish they would just hurry up...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

I am still waiting too, paid on Wednesday and tried to provide proof on Thursday. I've emailed the IEC five times with no reply. It's excruciating :(

• Advertisement

I am still waiting too, paid on Wednesday and tried to provide proof on Thursday. I've emailed the IEC five times with no reply. It's excruciating :(
    any joy yet??

any joy yet??

Nope. Although I am calmer now that I have spoken to Go4Less, they said it can take a long time and there is nothing to worry about. Still though - difficult when my boyfriend and sole travelling partner is already onto the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LOL1982

Nope. Although I am calmer now that I have spoken to Go4Less, they said it can take a long time and there is nothing to worry about. Still though - difficult when my boyfriend and sole travelling partner is already onto the next stage.
    Hey im d exact same as you i paid for me and my fiance and my payment is still pending but he is at the next stage too! Will you post if your payment gets verified, i have rang go4less amd they have told me not to worry!!

LOL1982 wrote: »
    Hey im d exact same as you i paid for me and my fiance and my payment is still pending but he is at the next stage too! Will you post if your payment gets verified, i have rang go4less amd they have told me not to worry!!

I will do :)

Some reassuring information on the Canada IEC 2012 (name is still 2012) FB page as well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dinnydaniel

I paid and submitted my proof of payment on 31st of Jan and it is still pending while my boyfriend who did it the exact same day as me has also been verified and moving on to next step.

I emailed IEC from my account late last week about it however have gotten no response!

Anyone else who paid 31st still waiting for payment verification? It is so frustrating.

I paid and submitted my proof of payment on 31st of Jan and it is still pending while my boyfriend who did it the exact same day as me has also been verified and moving on to next step.

I emailed IEC from my account late last week about it however have gotten no response!

Anyone else who paid 31st still waiting for payment verification? It is so frustrating.

Lol I could have written this post myself. EXACT same situation through and through.

It's strange that so many people who paid on the 31st seem to be the ones still waiting verification...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i paid on that day to but got verified nearly straight away i think it really depends on whos processing it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dinnydaniel

Out of interest what bank did you do the transfer from? Mine was Bank of Ireland - I'm trying to figure out why there is such a delay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Ulster bank mate:D

• Advertisement

Out of interest what bank did you do the transfer from? Mine was Bank of Ireland - I'm trying to figure out why there is such a delay!
    bank of irene, waiting since the first

Advertisement