Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gopro 3 battery life

Options
  • 30-01-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Anyone have any feedback on the battery life of these? have heard they weren't as good as previous models?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The battery life on Go Pros isn't the best to begin with. I think 2 hours is all you could really expect. If they're using the same battery to do twice the processing (estimate) it's going to go through that battery quicker.

It may or may not be an issue, in many cases you won't need more than 2 hours of recording time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its crap, its really really crap with wifi turned on. I bought the battery bacpac, 3 spare batteries and an external charger for a recent ski trip and had a pain in my face changing and charging batteries. The new battery bacpac is crap, really crap. The old one works with the new cameras and is much better.

The camera in general is incredibly buggy and ****ed me up quite a bit over the weeks skiing. I lost 2 full days of footage and generally had a pian in my face. I cant swear that the camera is at fault but my new 64gb Sandisk Ulta micro SD card died mid day 3. I was lucky to be able to borrow a 32gb sandisk for the remaining days. Even with that I ended up with a few vides that are just black (and the camera showing a first aid icon).

I did manage to get some nice footage despite it but compared to the amount of footage I got with my hero2 last year its like I was away for a weekend and not a week.

This was shot this day 2 weeks ago with a Hero3 and a Hero2 on my boot. H3 is 720p 120fps and the 2 was at 720p 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

so i wonder what the gopro 2 and wifi pack would be like? anyone have experience??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

so i wonder what the gopro 2 and wifi pack would be like? anyone have experience??

Have those, works great but does eat batteries as well but because the bacpac has a built in battery its not too bad but a spare battery is a good idea to have. The combined unit is fairly bulky but manageable. I buy all my spare batteries as spurious off ebay with a charger. 30 quid for 3 with a charger is a bargin.

I think they will sort out the Hero3 issues other then the battery life as firmware fixes (hopefully). Whats your intended use?

Review I did of the Hero2 + wifi bacpac

Advertisement