Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI on a loan taken out in 2004

Options
  • 30-01-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I took out a loan for several thousand euro in 2004 and was essentially told I had to take out PPI.  I took voluntary redundancy and few months later but this was not covered by the PPI.

Eventually I moved to the UK and got a job there.  I decided that I wanted to cancel the PPI part of my loan but was told I would have to re-apply for a loan and it would be refused, so essentially I had no choice about the PPI.

What can I do about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi harney,

Apologies you felt you were missold the ppi on this particular loan. We have had a query like this previously:
    If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI policy, please send the details in writing to Group Customer Complaints, PPI Complaints, Ground Floor, New Century House, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1. Please ensure to include your name, address and account holding branch.

The review affects all PPI products sold from the 1st August 2007, however if you purchased prior to this date, please send details in writing to Customer Care Unit, Bank of Ireland, New Century House, Mayor Street Lower, Dublin 1. Your complaint will then be handled in line with our normal complaint handling procedures.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you
    Linda

Advertisement