Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest vet in CORK to microchip cat?

• 30-01-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, could you please tell me the cheapest vet in Cork for microchipping cats? I'm not happy to pay 25euros for such a simple job, it's outrageous. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

€25.00 isn't bad to be honest especially the for the peace of mind it can give if a cat or dog ever goes missing. I had to fork out €40.00 each for my lot and I feel so robbed but had to be done and at the time there wasn't really a cheaper option but there are various vets doing offers now keep an eye on local rescue pages in your area and see if there are any offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

The cheapest I've ever gotten it was 20 a cat, but that was because I was microchipping six foster kittens so 25 really isn't that bad. My first cat cost 45euro three years ago to microchip so count yourself lucky its gone down in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's €20 for the month of Jan in Gilabbey vets in Togher. €25 is average I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Cost 40 2 weeks ago to get a puppy I am fostering microchipped at Sunbeam - but they did knock a tenner off as a gesture when I said that I would pay it myself as a way of helping out the Rescue I am fostering him from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

€50 in my vets in Kildare.
    Sometimes Maxizoo have €20 chipping. But 25 isnt that bad really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Abbeyville in Togher did my dog for E25. If I'm honest, E25 isn't a lot. That 'simple' job doesn't just involve inserting the microchip. You also have to input the animal's details on the database. That in turn costs money to run.

It also saves a lot of heartache if anything happens to your pet.

In short - E25 is the best you're going to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Double-posted for some reason...

Advertisement