Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Tank Recommendations

Options
  • 30-01-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Upgrading my turtle tank and looking for some advice:
    Current setup isn't ideal , he's outgrown it. Its a Jewel 54 litre.

Thinking of a clearseal 36''x15x12'' tank, it'd provide nice length and hopefully give enough height to let him bask and keep him from escaping. Also wish to provide a nice setup inside instead of just hanging his basking float at the side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

tonydude wrote: »
    Upgrading my turtle tank and looking for some advice:
    Current setup isn't ideal , he's outgrown it. Its a Jewel 54 litre.

Thinking of a clearseal 36''x15x12'' tank, it'd provide nice length and hopefully give enough height to let him bask and keep him from escaping. Also wish to provide a nice setup inside instead of just hanging his basking float at the side.

try get a 4ft+ tank ,they need as much space as possible , and fill it up as much as you can with water ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

go bigger than you think you need. big filtration too. they grow fast.

iv 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Space is bit of a problem for me but if he needs it ill get a 4ft one, what type filter would suit that especially to keep the water someway clean in the long run. Wont be around to clean it on a regular basis so need filter to do the hard work.

Space is bit of a problem for me but if he needs it ill get a 4ft one, what type filter would suit that especially to keep the water someway clean in the long run. Wont be around to clean it on a regular basis so need filter to do the hard work.

a good external one should do fine abput 80-100e , but water stills needs a 50% clean once a week

or you could use 2 strong internal ones for a cheaper option , the internals can be got from china for about 10e each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Get a big external filter. There the business. Ill never buy a internal again. High output low watts. No tank space taken up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Been looking around and thought id look into other types of storage for my turtle, was thinking plastic container then eventually came to idea of using a cold water tank cistern , the likes that are used in attics, anyone ever use these to keep turtles.

Been looking around and thought id look into other types of storage for my turtle, was thinking plastic container then eventually came to idea of using a cold water tank cistern , the likes that are used in attics, anyone ever use these to keep turtles.

you can get a big 4ft tub thing on amazon , that would be perfect for your turtle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faithfull-BATH-Plasterers-Bath-4ft/dp/B001DZVHO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361014463&sr=8-1

Advertisement