Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3000 gone?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

im reading that 3000 visas have already been given out and am beginning to panic!

i have set up my kompass account but it will take a couple of days to get the paperwork in order. do ye think that the quota is going to be filled in the days coming? last year it didn't fill until may if i'm not mistaken.

also i have a friend who is awaiting a new passport and can't apply until it's here, are the chances high that they will miss out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Its the initial rush

Some of them wont be accepted and be added back and the volume will slow. There will be one or two thousand lingering for a while I'd say. I'm in the same boat. Waiting on a passport to be sorted. If I miss it I'll just save untill the next quota as I wasnt planning on going till this time next year anyways.

I'd be surprised if they all go in Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i don't no mate its anyone's guess at this stage its crazy 3 K in a day it seems canada is the new oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

where is the counter on the page that shows how many are gone??

it was being updated there's only 3150 left now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Once you get approved how long do you have to activate the visa? my mate say's its 24 months but I think its 12 months.

• Advertisement

12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Berzerker

Noticed the UK site have none available yet is that correct? I'm in the North so no idea if I should do it now or wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

if u have a northern Irl passport wait, if southern, apply now

Advertisement