Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Cover

• 30-01-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a good outdoor cover for a GSF650S, preferably with a draw string so it doesnt blow away. Upgraded recently and the old cover is a tight squeeze and leaves the back wheel nekkid!!

Sound!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

paulieeye wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a good outdoor cover for a GSF650, preferably with a draw string so it doesnt blow away. Upgraded recently and the old cover is a tight squeeze and leaves the back wheel nekkid!!

Sound!

Oxford stormex. I have one on both bikes now and the wind hammers them where I am. Both have lasted around 4 years. Every other cover I've ever tried had ripped, including the cheaper Oxford ones. Some lasted no length at all

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

batman_oh wrote: »
    Oxford stormex. I have one on both bikes now and the wind hammers them where I am. Both have lasted around 4 years. Every other cover I've ever tried had ripped, including the cheaper Oxford ones. Some lasted no length at all

Thanks batman..i'll have a look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

paulieeye wrote: »
    Thanks batman..i'll have a look!

Have a Stormex too. Great piece of kit.

I also have one of these, which is good:

http://www.feelgooduk.net/39-motorbike-motorcycle-cover-bike-home-shelter-garage.html

...and only just over double the price of a Stormex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

rat_race wrote: »
    Have a Stormex too. Great piece of kit.

I also have one of these, which is good:

http://www.feelgooduk.net/39-motorbike-motorcycle-cover-bike-home-shelter-garage.html

...and only just over double the price of a Stormex.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I WANT

Doylers wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I WANT

Yeah, they're good. To be honest, they look a bit cheaply made...the seams, and the waterproof tape covering them, etc. Not great. But the actual material itself seems pretty good, and it's pretty simple to repair or re-waterproof, if anything does go wrong.

Just make sure you have somewhere or something suitable to bolt it to (all bolts supplied). It's optional, but mine blew off while my bike was not there, and 10 foot away into my pond...thankfully no apparent damage.

Also, tarmacadam probably not suitable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

rat_race wrote: »
    Yeah, they're good. To be honest, they look a bit cheaply made...the seams, and the waterproof tape covering them, etc. Not great. But the actual material itself seems pretty good, and it's pretty simple to repair or re-waterproof, if anything does go wrong.

Just make sure you have somewhere or something suitable to bolt it to (all bolts supplied). It's optional, but mine blew off while my bike was not there, and 10 foot away into my pond...thankfully no apparent damage.

Also, tarmacadam probably not suitable!

+1 got one as well and it's done a better job than any bike cover I have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Looks good alright. Although its a pain in the hole getting my bike into my back garden and i cant picture one of those in front of my house, lol

goodlad wrote: »
    Looks good alright. Although its a pain in the hole getting my bike into my back garden and i cant picture one of those in front of my house, lol

I have the same issue, the side gate to the back garden is slightly narrower than the handlebars so I have to tilt and twist the handlebars to fit it in, it gets easier after a few times though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I have the same issue, the side gate to the back garden is slightly narrower than the handlebars so I have to tilt and twist the handlebars to fit it in, it gets easier after a few times though.

Ah see i actually have massive double gates to my back garden, haha!
    The issue for me is turning the bike to back it in due to my neighbours parking spaces kinda cut access off to my gates.

I can drive it straight in but then have the issue of walking the bike out backwards every morning which is poxy as there is a incline on the tarmac.

Sure ****it. A basic cover will have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    +1 got one as well and it's done a better job than any bike cover I have ever had.
    goodlad wrote: »

Do you think a bike with a top box would fit under one of them? I often think about getting one.

• Advertisement

Do you think a bike with a top box would fit under one of them? I often think about getting one.

Yes, I'd say so. The measurements are there anyway so you can check.

Check out the measurements, I'd say it would be ok. If not they have a large version for tourer's as well for a little bit more. Below is the measurements for the standard one.

stand_dim%20tent_%20floor2006.jpg

Advertisement