Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagram

Options
  • 30-01-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Buying a new phone tomorrow, most likely in Meteor. I want to get access to Instagram so I presume its a smart phone I'll be purchasing. Can anyone tell me what phones I can buy in Meteor that will give me access to Instagram. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mee!

To get instagram you basically need a smart phone, off the top of my head i would say an iphone or an android :) not only will you get instagram for sure, you will also have a great phone with a great choice of apps in the app stores.

For your network i would definitely recommend 48 months if you make alot of calls and texts to irish mobiles. you have a choice of two offers: 10 euro a month for free calls and texts to all irish mobiles, or 20 euro a month for free calls, free text and free internet (great for instagram).
    you should definitely cheak it out, and you can order a free sim card at http://www.48months.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you a budget or other requirements you want?

iOS or android have apps for instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Buget between 200-300 Max. Is Instagram easy get if you've an android? Do you do it on the phone or do you need a computer to get it? Thanks for help!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

How about this?

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/htc-desire-x

Apps are ridiculously easy to get. When you get an Android smartphone you type in your Google (gmail!) account details and it'll automatically set up.

Then you go into the Google Play Store app on the phone and search for Instagram.

Alternatively (once your phone is set up with the Google account) you can go to play.google.com on your computer and search for instagram there. You'll get an option to install it on your phone from the website. The download starts within a few seconds of you clicking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Sound about that. Anything slightly cheaper its an option no doubt though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sound about that. Anything slightly cheaper its an option no doubt though.

Their is loads of options. Select android from the options on the top of the store, and go thru the list of android device. Then post a few you like if you want help deciding which one to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buying a phone just for instagram.....

tumblr_m4tl5wIxV31qj9xud.jpg

OP: What you really want is a good camera. Budget phones dont really do so well on this front. If you're getting it for instagram then buying a cheap phone is a bad plan. You can run instagram, but you're pictures will be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mee!

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/xperia-j#
    ^^also a good choice, only 200 euro, runs on jelly bean and has a 5 mp camera witch isnt bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

the samsung galaxy siii has a good camera 8mp. the only other comparable cameras i know of are on the iphone. instagram is great fun i have enjoyed using it alot but still keep taking photos with our normal camera as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

the samsung galaxy siii has a good camera 8mp. the only other comparable cameras i know of are on the iphone. instagram is great fun i have enjoyed using it alot but still keep taking photos with our normal camera as well.

Not within budget.

High end Xperias have 12-13MP cameras which do a whopping job, but again not in budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

the samsung galaxy s3 mini on vodafone is €250, a good phone imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Try before you buy.
    Or bring someone who knows their smartphone well.

Advertisement