Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

• 30-01-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Dublinnewcrest.png

Discussion about all things Dublin GAA related players match's ect

Offical Dublin country board website :http://www.hill16.ie/

Discuss below and up the the Dubs:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The season is young, but I think the most immediate priority is to win the League in hurling, we cannot rot in Division 1B for too long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've editted the Op title to reflect this season, there was another Dublin thread but that's a bit big now so no harm to start another 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Clareman wrote: »
    I've editted the Op title to reflect this season, there was another Dublin thread but that's a bit big now so no harm to start another 1.

ah ok no problem:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The season is young, but I think the most immediate priority is to win the League in hurling, we cannot rot in Division 1B for too long.
    yes agree pride dublin need to get out of 1b ASAP great potential with the hurlers not gonna do you any favours in 1b..

has daly approached ciaran kilkenny??

yes agree pride dublin need to get out of 1b ASAP great potential with the hurlers not gonna do you any favours in 1b..

has daly approached ciaran kilkenny??

i think gavin has got him back for Dublin team, judging by his interview he was hinting its good to have him back not sure about hurling

• Advertisement

Dublinfan wrote: »
    i think gavin has got him back for Dublin team, judging by his interview he was hinting its good to have him back not sure about hurling

I'm aware of the football I was asking whether Anthony daly the hurling manager has approached ciaran to play hurling for the county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I think the demands on inter county players in recent years has just about knocked the day of the dual player on the head. I'd be very surprised to see any in Dublin set up. And yeah lets get behind the hurlers this year

what does everyone think of Jim gavins new strategy , is he going abit overboard with the youth players?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I think the demands on inter county players in recent years has just about knocked the day of the dual player on the head. I'd be very surprised to see any in Dublin set up. And yeah lets get behind the hurlers this year
    kildare man here but always had a soft spot for your hurlers.. i love me underdogs...... anthony daly has worked wonders for you

what does everyone think of Jim gavins new strategy , is he going abit overboard with the youth players?
    how can you think he is going overboard by vetting youth players in obyrne cup and league??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I doubt thats the strategy going forward. I see it as him knowing full well what the senior players bring to the table and he's just giving the younger players a chance to impress. Its only fair that everyone gets a chance to show what they can do by the end of the league. Lets not forget Dublin have been very strong at minor and U21 recently.

I'd be more interested in how Dublin are going to defend against the better teams. I've heard Gavin say he prefers we play more of a man marking system and tbh that frightens the ****e out of me. I thought the great strength of Gilroys team was their defensive organisation and resilience. If we leave one V one against the likes of Kerry etc i'm not sure we've the man markers to cope.

Very interested to see how we line up on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's a charge that was levelled at Pat Gilroy the year before he won the All Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

some of these guys for a couple of years in every match and training session they were running back to mark zones or space and slowly had man marking skills trained out of them. You can slip in to a comfort zone when theres a blanket defense. One on one there is no where to hide - you've got to beat the other guy. We conceded big scores in every match last years championship and league.

Anyone going to croker tomorow? should be good match plus republic of loose and fireworks display plus more

http://crokepark100years.ie/events/

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Anyone going to croker tomorow? should be good match plus republic of loose and fireworks display plus more

http://crokepark100years.ie/events/

What else is happening? Can believe they are still using flash to build these sites!

Republic of loose are a step up from a lot of the bands they have manged to get for half time and breaks in the past.

copacetic wrote: »
    What else is happening? Can believe they are still using flash to build these sites!

Republic of loose are a step up from a lot of the bands they have manged to get for half time and breaks in the past.

no specific details just says more surprises, i presume they will be playing during half time of the Dublin game or before then the fireworks display at half time maybe

there dosent seem to be any set times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Team for tomorrow

DUBLIN (SF v Cork)
    1 Stephen Cluxton (Parnell’s)
    2 Johnny Cooper (Na Fianna)
    3 Rory O’Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
    4 Kevin O’Brien (Nh Mearnóg)
    5 Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
    6 Ger Brennan (St Vincent’s)
    7 Jack McCaffrey (Clontarf)
    8 Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
    9 Declan O’Mahony (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
    10 Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
    11 Paddy Andrews (St Brigid’s)
    12 Paddy Quinn (Na Fianna)
    13 Kevin McManamon (St Jude’s)
    14 Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent’s)
    15 Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh)

Good blend of youth and experience though the backs are bit heavy on youth for me. Still have my doubts about the midfield. Don't think O'Mahony is good enough for the highest level. It's not like he's only a young lad so I don't think he's gonna get any better. He does play with McAuley in midfield for Ballyboden though so maybe that's why he's in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Team for tomorrow

DUBLIN (SF v Cork)

Good blend of youth and experience though the backs are bit heavy on youth for me. Still have my doubts about the midfield. Don't think O'Mahony is good enough for the highest level. It's not like he's only a young lad so I don't think he's gonna get any better. He does play with McAuley in midfield for Ballyboden though so maybe that's why he's in.
    Of the two midfielders O'Mahony is the more natural footballer. McAuley is a better athlete. Hopefully the compliment each other tomorrow.

Team for tomorrow

DUBLIN (SF v Cork)

Good strong forward line, im hoping bernard learns to work well with them he seemed lost last season without alan

We're doing live scores from the Junior Club semi-final here if anyone wants to follow along:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/

• Advertisement

A bit cold tonight, but nice and crisp and dry. Good win, a couple of the younger payers looked really good. Cooper is moving on from last week and McCaffrey looked the player everyone says his, amazing acceleration over 20 yards. Paddy Andrews looked great and Brogan was in great form, making Cadogan look foolish over and over again which is no easy task given how tight and hard he marks.

Having said all that I wouldn't be getting overly excited, Corks finishing was absolutley rubbish, they missed a pile of frees on top of wild shooting. I'd imagine if they had just the same number of wides as us they would have won or drawn.

So a bit of a phoney war, but football played was good and young fast players stood up well to a big experienced Cork team despite some unusual referreeing so it is encouraging if meaningless enough at this stage.

Solid performance from Dublin tonight..

Leinster teams representing ;)

Good win alright and lots of decent performances.

BB looks to have wintered better than everyone. He looks sharp for this time of year. Paddy Andrews had a super game and scored 3 or 4 beautiful points. Paul Mannion was showing well for the ball too before he was poll-axed.

The defenders gave up lots of opportunities but that was to be expected given the experience gap with Corks front 6.

From the two games last night though it seems next game against Kildare will require a big step up in intensity because Cork were very poor. Lots of them disinterested and completely lacking in aggression.

Hurlers also had a good win yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Thought Paddy Andrews had a great game as well as Cooper and Quinn..Early days yet and Kildare looked very impressive in the first match so going to be a good test against them.

Great game, was a huge mistake by gavin putting Emmet O'Conghaile in forward instead of kevin mcmanamon , he made no worth while contribution to the game

Great game, was a huge mistake by gavin putting Emmet O'Conghaile in forward instead of kevin mcmanamon , he made no worth while contribution to the game

O'Conghaile started in the middle instead of O'Mahony. Mannion started instead of Kev Mc. Wouldn't exactly call it a "huge mistake" from Gavin.

Great performance last night from Dublin. Thought everyone played well. They all looked comfortable on the ball and there was very little sloppy play. Thought Brogan, Connolly, Flynn and Andrews all had great games. McCaffrey's gonna be some player. Probably the quickest footballer in the country. Will defo start in the Championship if he keeps up his form. Hopefully Setanta will repeat the game during the week.

If anyone who was shouting "ah here leave it out" on the Hill last night is reading this please shut the fcuk up at the next game. Thanks.

O'Conghaile started in the middle instead of O'Mahony. Mannion started instead of Kev Mc. Wouldn't exactly call it a "huge mistake" from Gavin.

Great performance last night from Dublin. Thought everyone played well. They all looked comfortable on the ball and there was very little sloppy play. Thought Brogan, Connolly, Flynn and Andrews all had great games. McCaffrey's gonna be some player. Probably the quickest footballer in the country. Will defo start in the Championship if he keeps up his form. Hopefully Setanta will repeat the game during the week.

If anyone who was shouting "ah here leave it out" on the Hill last night is reading this please shut the fcuk up at the next game. Thanks.

Gotta agree the ah here leave it out crew were thickset that was funny a year ago now it's just embarrassing..

+1, not knowing which player is which or where they are playing is the 'huge mistake'

O'Conghaile won plenty of ball in the middle and Mannion was starting to get into the game when he was taken to hospital after 25mins, couldn't really expect hm to make much of an impact on rest of game from there.

+1, not knowing which player is which or where they are playing is the 'huge mistake'

I was sitting beside a fella who kept confusing McCaffrey and Daly. "Well done Jack"... felt bad for him.;)

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    I was sitting beside a fella who kept confusing McCaffrey and Daly. "Well done Jack"... felt bad for him.;)

Paddy Andrews & Bernard for me :o .. those bloody socks pulled all the way up .. and me being as lampy as a rabbit in a headlight ..

keane2097 wrote: »
    We're doing live scores from the Junior Club semi-final here if anyone wants to follow along:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/[/QUOTE]

A third day out for the Castleknock boys, last minute extra time point .. Kilkenny knocked over 10 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Can somebody on the Hill take "that whistle" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

dcr22B wrote: »
    Can somebody on the Hill take "that whistle" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

The ref Kinsella can do the same ;)

dcr22B wrote: »

Love the Hill but it does attract it's fair share of absolute clowns. The lads with the bodhrans/drums, the idiots trying to get an "aaahh here leave it out" chant going:rolleyes: and as you say the pr!ck with the whistle. Does he not realise this could be as off putting for Dublin players as much as the opposition? Deserves a good slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Love the Hill but it does attract it's fair share of absolute clowns. The lads with the bodhrans/drums, the idiots trying to get an "aaahh here leave it out" chant going:rolleyes: and as you say the pr!ck with the whistle. Does he not realise this could be as off putting for Dublin players as much as the opposition? Deserves a good slap.

All part of the same bunch :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

done with the hill after saturday, that moran and his baron il shove it so far up his arse! utter moran and his ah here leave it out chant! doing my head in!

the dcu game and he was chatting your all pack of clutches to them? zzzz

Ah the comfort of 307 in da cusack, where the only warm feeling is me blanket and flask of tea, no one p1ssing down the back of yer leg .. yiz pack of bowsies :rolleyes:

DoctaDee wrote: »
    A third day out for the Castleknock boys, last minute extra time point .. Kilkenny knocked over 10 points

Yeah it was a super game, Kilkenny and Paul O'Connor for Kenmare were the stand outs but Castleknock's Rory Corcoran was very good as well.

Kilkenny is remarkably talented. With him to come back in along with some of the youngsters on display for Dublin the last night the future is looking very bright for you lads.

Team to face Kerry

DUBLIN (SF v Kerry)
    1 Stephen Cluxton Parnells
    2 Jonny Cooper Na Fianna
    3 Rory O’Carroll Kilmacud Crokes
    4 Kevin O’Brien Naomh Mearnog
    5 Darren Daly Fingal Ravens
    6 Ger Brennan St Vincent’s
    7 Jack McCaffrey Clontarf
    8 Michael Darragh Macauley Ballyboden St Enda’s
    9 Emmett O Conghaile Lucan Sarsfields
    10 Paul Flynn Fingallians
    11 Diarmuid Connolly St Vincent’s
    12 Paddy Quinn Na Fianna
    13 Philip Ryan St Brigid’s
    14 Paddy Andrews St Brigid’s
    15 Bernard Brogan St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh

Same as last week except Philly Ryan in for Mannion. Happy enough with that. Didn't expect much change following a good win over Cork last week.

Doing live updates of the Castleknock game again here if anyone wants to follow along:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/

• Advertisement

Team to face Kerry

DUBLIN (SF v Kerry)
    1 Stephen Cluxton Parnells
    2 Jonny Cooper Na Fianna
    3 Rory O’Carroll Kilmacud Crokes
    4 Kevin O’Brien Naomh Mearnog
    5 Darren Daly Fingal Ravens
    6 Ger Brennan St Vincent’s
    7 Jack McCaffrey Clontarf
    8 Michael Darragh Macauley Ballyboden St Enda’s
    9 Emmett O Conghaile Lucan Sarsfields
    10 Paul Flynn Fingallians
    11 Diarmuid Connolly St Vincent’s
    12 Paddy Quinn Na Fianna
    13 Philip Ryan St Brigid’s
    14 Paddy Andrews St Brigid’s
    15 Bernard Brogan St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh

Same as last week except Philly Ryan in for Mannion. Happy enough with that. Didn't expect much change following a good win over Cork last week.

suprised O Conghaile he didnt play a very good game last week

suprised O Conghaile he didnt play a very good game last week

Rubbish, as pointed out to you twice, you didn't even know who was who or where they were playing.

Rubbish, as pointed out to you twice, you didn't even know who was who or where they were playing.

i made a mistake due to them being subbed in last minute:confused: so i dont get an opinion now no:rolleyes:

Good first half Dubs playing a strong game, hopefully will continue 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Giving us a lesson.

Ye look flying fit and strong.

Look like ye have 3 extra players.

Dubs will be very strong this year.

Great win for the Dubs. Kerry were very poor though. Cameras didn't show it but I'd be very disappointed if McAuley got himself involved with Donaghy. The dog on the street knows he's gonna wind the opposition up when he comes on. Probably miss two games now just as Bastick is coming back. Hurlers beating Wexford aswell. Happy days:)

Paddy Andrews had another good game and Mc Caffrey looked good as well... Dublin played very good football but Kerry were poor. There will be more sterner tests ahead but good to see so much talent coming through and on the bench.

Looking forward to Kildare Match , both teams looking very good and should be a cracker.

exador wrote: »
    Paddy Andrews had another good game and Mc Caffrey looked good as well... Dublin played very good football but Kerry were poor. There will be more sterner tests ahead but good to see so much talent coming through and on the bench.

Looking forward to Kildare Match , both teams looking very good and should be a cracker.

Getting ahead of myself...Mayo next..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Great to see the Internet police on here sticking up for K Donaghy. Dublin beat s poor Kerry team in Feb means nothing, a bit like Kikdare beating 14 man Cork. Different teams come Champo.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Great to see the Internet police on here sticking up for K Donaghy. Dublin beat s poor Kerry team in Feb means nothing, a bit like Kikdare beating 14 man Cork. Different teams come Champo.

It means there in better shape then kerry are:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement