Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

copacetic wrote: »
    The nervousness of most Dublon fans would be that we now have a team that on their day are stunning.

However to play like this they consistently give up one on ones at the back. A team like Mayo or Kerry on their day could knock 4 or 5 goals past us. If on the same day we misfire going forward as we have a lot this season we will lose.

The Donegal style may not be pretty but it tends to always leave them in a game toward he end.

We are playing much nicer football but generally our games will be high scoring which is terribly risky.

It's a great place to be in though, just never wracking for fans.

I just hope we get to the semi ok and then go all out.

I've been very worried about how much space we've been giving teams, someone like Kerry could really expose this. Don't think Cooper is up to standard either, he's been turned inside out quite a few times in the Leinster Championship, i'd fear for him up against a Murphy/Moran/Gooch/O'Neill type of forward.

I'm really enjoying the football we are playing however and it's getting the best out of the likes of Kilkenny. He was a joy to watch against Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah I'm pretty much the same opinion as everybody else. There's a sense of foreboding that they'll come up short. It's the most attack minded football seen in a long time and probably only matched by Kerry's 1st half performance against Cork.

I like boxing.. and as an analogy I'd have Dublin as an Amir Khan or Ricky Hatton, they fought opponents that suited their style and were devastating in their victories. But yet a lingering thought lay that they hadn't been truly tested - Bredis Prescott & Mayweather showed that both Khan & Hatton had a weakness when their opponents were able to do to them what they had been doing previously to others. Now boxing as a sport of matchmaking meant that these guys could side step those opponents that were truly a danger to them, but throw this back 20 years when Hagler/Hearns/Leonard & Duran knew that to truly test themselves they had to met each other head on. The great thing was that there was victory in defeat for all these guys... that to remain unbeaten in your career wasn't a sign of greatness but rather to have fought the best.

The 2 best teams of the last generation - Kerry & Tyrone won and lost as AI champions, but much like great boxers, defeat didn't take from how truly great they were. I honestly believe that this Dublin team will be the next great team of the modern generation and to do so should sidestep no one. If I was the Don King of GAA football I'd be lining up Donegal, Kerry & Mayo as the 1/4, semi and final opponents. If they fall at the 1st hurdle so be it, but I'd have a re-match clause for next year! .Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty much the same opinion as everybody else. There's a sense of foreboding that they'll come up short. It's the most attack minded football seen in a long time and probably only matched by Kerry's 1st half performance against Cork.

I like boxing.. and as an analogy I'd have Dublin as an Amir Khan or Ricky Hatton, they fought opponents that suited their style and were devastating in their victories. But yet a lingering thought lay that they hadn't been truly tested - Bredis Prescott & Mayweather showed that both Khan & Hatton had a weakness when their opponents were able to do to them what they had been doing previously to others. Now boxing as a sport of matchmaking meant that these guys could side step those opponents that were truly a danger to them, but throw this back 20 years when Hagler/Hearns/Leonard & Duran knew that to truly test themselves they had to met each other head on. The great thing was that there was victory in defeat for all these guys... that to remain unbeaten in your career wasn't a sign of greatness but rather to have fought the best.

The 2 best teams of the last generation - Kerry & Tyrone won and lost as AI champions, but much like great boxers, defeat didn't take from how truly great they were. I honestly believe that this Dublin team will be the next great team of the modern generation and to do so should sidestep no one. If I was the Don King of GAA football I'd be lining up Donegal, Kerry & Mayo as the 1/4, semi and final opponents. If they fall at the 1st hurdle so be it, but I'd have a re-match clause for next year! .Cheers
    Great post!
    Love the analogy particularly to Khan, young, exciting, and explosive at his best but with a glaring weakness (his glass jaw) that he managed well throughout his career, only to be exposed by the very best (and Prescott). Love the commentary after the Prescott fight "You cant put muscles on your chin". Luckily for us we can actually work on our defense, I believe we have the players there to come in and do it...still like to see McCaffrey stay there though...think he is the most exciting prospect out there, a future Tomas O'Se, great to watch

GK1001 wrote: »
    Great post!
    Love the analogy particularly to Khan, young, exciting, and explosive at his best but with a glaring weakness (his glass jaw) that he managed well throughout his career, only to be exposed by the very best (and Prescott). Love the commentary after the Prescott fight "You cant put muscles on your chin". Luckily for us we can actually work on our defense, I believe we have the players there to come in and do it...still like to see McCaffrey stay there though...think he is the most exciting prospect out there, a future Tomas O'Se, great to watch

Cheers GK... yes indeed we can work on our defence, which is only when it's truly tested by the best teams, lose and come back stronger would hopefully be the motto, if that's indeed what will transpire.

The misconception amongst those that are looking to quell the attacking threat of Dublin is the blanket defence. Probably the most renowned (other than Donegal) is the Tyrone defence, which Dublin managed to breach this year with a total of 1-32 over the 2 games.

The "glass jaw" maybe something we have to live with in the context of the attacking play we're likely to persist with ... the secret maybe to get up from the knockdown rather than to let it reach the 10 count ;)

Roy Jones Jr had a terrible chin - problem was he was more likely to knock you out before you got to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I honestly like the new attacking format. I just wish that it were more water tight and was a little more battle hardened. If BB was fit and was firing on all cylinders, if Alan was around to provide a constant feed of good balls into him, if Dermo had at least one big break out game under his belt this year, if Paddy Andrews was playing regularly and replicating his early league form, well you wouldn't be hearing a peep out of me.

But the current set up, where all or most of our scores are coming from last years under 21's makes me very nervous. They all work very, very well together, but I am not sure how well they are fitting in with the players who have been around for a while. For example, in the Meath game, Ciaran Kilkenny looked to always pass to Paul Mannion and no one else. But what happens if Paul Mannion is closely marked, or is having a bad game? I just have a bad feeling that a really tough & experienced physical team like a Tyrone or a Donegal or a Kerry can and will shut the young guns down & set them on their arses in about 2 seconds flat. We certainly weren't beating Tyrone or Donegal by 16 points during the league. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Galway team 98 - 01 way better than Tyrone - who would you prefer watch?

MfMan wrote: »
    Galway team 98 - 01 way better than Tyrone - who would you prefer watch?

Point taken @ Galway .. was really just looking towards the noughties teams. I'd watch replays of the 2001 final on loop ;). Without diminishing their achievement - the 2000 final/replay loss was a more defining moment than Kildare/Meath wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I've been very worried about how much space we've been giving teams, someone like Kerry could really expose this. Don't think Cooper is up to standard either, he's been turned inside out quite a few times in the Leinster Championship, i'd fear for him up against a Murphy/Moran/Gooch/O'Neill type of forward.

I'm really enjoying the football we are playing however and it's getting the best out of the likes of Kilkenny. He was a joy to watch against Meath.

Could you pick four more different forwards to be worried about!

keane2097 wrote: »
    Could you pick four more different forwards to be worried about!

Cillian O'Connor, Kieran Hughes, Mattie Donnelly, Cian Mackay

:P

• Advertisement

Cillian O'Connor, Kieran Hughes, Mattie Donnelly, Cian Mackay

:P

And how many All Ireland medals, All Stars and Player of the Year awards have they all won then? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The nervousness of most Dublon fans would be that we now have a team that on their day are stunning.
    However to play like this they consistently give up one on ones at the back. A team like Mayo or Kerry on their day could knock 4 or 5 goals past us. If on the same day we misfire going forward as we have a lot this season we will lose.

I agree with 100% while this Dublin team are stunning we do have faults . To me last year springs to mind . We looked capable of going all the way but got knocked by great play from Mayo and the fact it took us so long to get going . I just hope that now we are in the business end of the Championship that Jim Gavin will tell the players perform for 70 mins. or I'll take you off and let somebody else play for you .

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And how many All Ireland medals, All Stars and Player of the Year awards have they all won then? :p

The point is our defence has looked vulnerable, but we haven't played anyone good enough to exploit it. Better teams will.

Gavin is no fool though and i'm sure they're working hard in training. It would be fantastic if we do go all the way with this brand of football but i'm skeptical.

The point is our defence has looked vulnerable, but we haven't played anyone good enough to exploit it. Better teams will.

I agree 100%. I would just be more fearful of the list of forwards that the other poster mentioned. They have proven in the past that they have what it takes to win Sam and, they have the supporting cast to help them do it. The players on your list have yet to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I think that Cooper is a very good prospect. Yes he's had a slip and has been turned a few times in the championship. He had a great league imho.
    There has been less tracking back by the Dublin team as a whole, it leaves players in one on one situations and can expose a player to errors.
    I thought cooper players well in gilroys format, granted he didn't get much of a run but he was defending well and when he went on the attack other Dublin players held their ground so he was worth a point or two.
    The weaknesses of the current system become most evident when watching the Dublin corner backs. Many of the forwards mentioned here would destroy most corner backs out there if they were left one on one in space with passes aimed at them.
    He is tracking back on his own at speed and easy to turn.
    If Dublin get to play mayo I'd worry about brennan marking AOS.

There is a leap of faith with the current style. We could go out the next day and connelly or b Brogan could play a stormer, but it could go terribly wrong. I keep thinking of the Dublin team with O shaughnesy in it and Tyrone bursting through the Dublin defense.
    Yet there is a toughness to some of these young smaller defenders, Cooper himself gets polaxed coming out with the ball, I though Conroy got away with a dodgy tackle in the league on Cooper, but the lad gets up, he can tackle, he's an under 21 AI winning captain. I think he'll be Ok, it's the system I worry about.
    It's a pity Craig Dias was so poor in the league. I thought he'd fit in so well in this set up and would be great in the hb line.

Stoner wrote: »
    I think that Cooper is a very good prospect. Yes he's had a slip and has been turned a few times in the championship. He had a great league imho.
    There has been less tracking back by the Dublin team as a whole, it leaves players in one on one situations and can expose a player to errors.
    I thought cooper players well in gilroys format, granted he didn't get much of a run but he was defending well and when he went on the attack other Dublin players held their ground so he was worth a point or two.
    The weaknesses of the current system become most evident when watching the Dublin corner backs. Many of the forwards mentioned here would destroy most corner backs out there if they were left one on one in space with passes aimed at them.
    He is tracking back on his own at speed and easy to turn.
    If Dublin get to play mayo I'd worry about brennan marking AOS.

There is a leap of faith with the current style. We could go out the next day and connelly or b Brogan could play a stormer, but it could go terribly wrong. I keep thinking of the Dublin team with O shaughnesy in it and Tyrone bursting through the Dublin defense.
    Yet there is a toughness to some of these young smaller defenders, Cooper himself gets polaxed coming out with the ball, I though Conroy got away with a dodgy tackle in the league on Cooper, but the lad gets up, he can tackle, he's an under 21 AI winning captain. I think he'll be Ok, it's the system I worry about.
    It's a pity Craig Dias was so poor in the league. I thought he'd fit in so well in this set up and would be great in the hb line.

Well it sounds like you've seen more of our league games then I have so i'll respect your pov on that.

And you're right that our corner backs have been given very little protection and that's something that will need to change otherwise we'll get torn asunder by a strong side. Cooper hasn't convinced in the championship despite that however. He still has a chance to prove me wrong of course. :p

I'd like to have seen Dias given more of a chance alright. I'd seriously consider starting Rock the next day too. And Bastick made a big difference when he came on in the Meath game so i'd probably find a spot for him in the first 15 too.

• Advertisement

Well it sounds like you've seen more of our league games then I have so i'll respect your pov on that.

And you're right that our corner backs have been given very little protection and that's something that will need to change otherwise we'll get torn asunder by a strong side. Cooper hasn't convinced in the championship despite that however. He still has a chance to prove me wrong of course. :p

I'd like to have seen Dias given more of a chance alright. I'd seriously consider starting Rock the next day too. And Bastick made a big difference when he came on in the Meath game so i'd probably find a spot for him in the first 15 too.
    Bastic does make a difference, he's never outstanding but few have and outstanding game when marking him.
    I don't know what happened to dias, i'd say he was close to making the panel but might have taken a place there for granted. Certainly the lads playing in the league next year will know that they can hold a championship place if they play well. There are no excuses with this management team, new players can break in. I think Rock might feature more in tougher tighter games, his scores against Tyrone in the league final would have given him a big confidence boost as they were technically very good, with distance and accuracy.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Bastic does make a difference, he's never outstanding but few have and outstanding game when marking him.
    I don't know what happened to dias, i'd say he was close to making the panel but might have taken a place there for granted. Certainly the lads playing in the league next year will know that they can hold a championship place if they play well. There are no excuses with this management team, new players can break in. I think Rock might feature more in tougher tighter games, his scores against Tyrone in the league final would have given him a big confidence boost as they were technically very good, with distance and accuracy.

Bastic has made a difference when coming on, but so far it's been after 50 mins of big midfielders chasing O'Sullivan up and down the pitch. You have to take them both together in my opinion. Switching Bastic to start may win a little more ball in the middle, but reduce options from bench as we are short backup of big midfielders.

I personally would still prefer to see a Fennell available on bench and then play a normal big duo with the halfbacks and forwards running off them. Their less willingness to join the charge of the light brigade forward would also help shore up middle third.

Once O.connaighle (sp?) dissapeared after doing ok in one league game and not so well in the other we have been missing young upcoming big midfielders and haven't replaced him with an old head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dias was cut from the panel after the league. Didn't he play one league game where he came on and was substituted a while later. He looked very slow and unfit. Don't know if it was injury and apathy!

On the defending again? Personnel and structure are obviously different these days but the one thing that catches my eye is how easy the opposition runs through tackles against us. The likes of McCauley and Brennan would previously be good for 2 or 3 turnovers a game and if they didn't take the ball off you they'd at least stop you in your tracks. Now the opposition are basically walking around them. We've really lost that intensity in the tackle that characterised Gilroys team. Part of the new emphasis i suppose.

corny wrote: »
    Dias was cut from the panel after the league. Didn't he play one league game where he came on and was substituted a while later. He looked very slow and unfit. Don't know if it was injury and apathy!

On the defending again? Personnel and structure are obviously different these days but the one thing that catches my eye is how easy the opposition runs through tackles against us. The likes of McCauley and Brennan would previously be good for 2 or 3 turnovers a game and if they didn't take the ball off you they'd at least stop you in your tracks. Now the opposition are basically walking around them. We've really lost that intensity in the tackle that characterised Gilroys team. Part of the new emphasis i suppose.
    Agreed McCauley use to follow back with the runner and he'd recycle the near hand tackle at a huge rate. In fact in 2010 I'd say he was the best at it in the country.
    He has changed now to one or two attempts but if the player gets by him then he let's them off.
    He seems to be keeping his energy for breaking tackle runs, it does look good but it kind of half forward play. Don't forget that Barry Cahill is gone as an option too, another big traditional midfielder that is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Agreed McCauley use to follow back with the runner and he'd recycle the near hand tackle at a huge rate. In fact in 2010 I'd say he was the best at it in the country.
    He has changed now to one or two attempts but if the player gets by him then he let's them off.
    He seems to be keeping his energy for breaking tackle runs, it does look good but it kind of half forward play. Don't forget that Barry Cahill is gone as an option too, another big traditional midfielder that is not available.

I think we will need Bastic in the later rounds of the Championship . He steadys the ship and will very rarely cough possession up easily . I think Bastic and McCauley is better than McCauley and O Sullivan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Point taken @ Galway .. was really just looking towards the noughties teams. I'd watch replays of the 2001 final on loop ;). Without diminishing their achievement - the 2000 final/replay loss was a more defining moment than Kildare/Meath wins

Wouldn't really agree; the Meath victory validated their claims to be a superior team IMO. A win over Kerry would have been nice though - probably would have happen too if we had Tomas Mannion / Ja Fallon / a fully fit Kevin Walsh.

MfMan wrote: »
    Wouldn't really agree; the Meath victory validated their claims to be a superior team IMO. A win over Kerry would have been nice though - probably would have happen too if we had Tomas Mannion / Ja Fallon / a fully fit Kevin Walsh.

We'll have to agree to disagree here MfMan - it sorta reverts back to my previous post regarding sometimes it's the manner of your defeats that defines them better than their wins. The 2000 final when they were 6-7 points down and clawed their way back into the game - and being perfectly honest should've won it in normal time was of greater credit to them - certainly than the win over Kildare

Speaking as someone who gets injured if the wind blows a certain way, i sympathise. Don't think he'll be the same when/if he gets back.

He'll be hard pressed to even make the panel again at this rate. Real shame.

Speaking as someone who gets injured if the wind blows a certain way, i sympathise. Don't think he'll be the same when/if he gets back.

LOL.. I hear ya. I went 15 years without anything - other than a fat lip, bruising of different shades then all of a sudden collarbone, dislocated elbow and 2 calf tears in the space of 18 months ... you get to an age when it does catch up. AB deserves another run rather than an ignominious retirement - but that looks like its a 2014 chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Interesting draw this evening, I think this is the first time I can remember where all 8 teams left could potentially win the All Ireland. The outsiders look solid, the favorites have been somewhat unimpressive. Kevin McStay may not have been wide of the mark in saying that when in a situation like this Kerry are the side that usually come out on top. I think Cork should be an interesting test next week. Hopefully they push us harder than the other sides we've faced this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Interesting draw this evening, I think this is the first time I can remember where all 8 teams left could potentially win the All Ireland. The outsiders look solid, the favorites have been somewhat unimpressive. Kevin McStay may not have been wide of the mark in saying that when in a situation like this Kerry are the side that usually come out on top. I think Cork should be an interesting test next week. Hopefully they push us harder than the other sides we've faced this year.

I've heard that said and to this stage it certainly makes sense but... I'm certain Mayo and Dublin will contest the final! Ok maybe not certain but quietly confident.

Mayo because they're the only side i'm sure will perform in the latter stages and Dublin because their pace and fitness will be too much for Cork, Kerry and Cavan.

Doesn't make sense because they could beat us on their day but i'd have loved to have drawn Donegal.

I've heard that said and to this stage it certainly makes sense but... I'm certain Mayo and Dublin will contest the final! Ok maybe not certain but quietly confident.

Mayo because they're the only side i'm sure will perform in the latter stages and Dublin because their pace and fitness will be too much for Cork, Kerry and Cavan.

Doesn't make sense because they could beat us on their day but i'd have loved to have drawn Donegal.
    Yeah would've preferred Donegal myself. Strange to hear McStay say that the man for man marking will suit Cork Do we need to rerun the Kildare game to see who that style suits.
    Think Mayo/Donegal is the most competitive match up but Dublin Cork will be the highest scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cork was probably the second best draw, but it's not the certainty that the bookies and cork are playing up. They are a very dangerous side on their day as was seen in the final 4 minute spell of normal time yesterday when they took Galway apart with 1-4.

However I'm hopeful that Cork and if we get through, then Kerry, will both play football and give us a good chance to do the same and we should be able to cope well enough with that assuming we can start to click a bit better with our finishing.

Wouldn't say I'd be confident, but hopeful certainly.

Cork was probably the second best draw, but it's not the certainty that the bookies and cork are playing up. They are a very dangerous side on their day as was seen in the final 4 minute spell of normal time yesterday when they took Galway apart with 1-4.

However I'm hopeful that Cork and if we get through, then Kerry, will both play football and give us a good chance to do the same and we should be able to cope well enough with that assuming we can start to click a bit better with our finishing.

Wouldn't say I'd be confident, but hopeful certainly.

But 4 minutes won't cut it against Dublin. For most of that game and the previous game most of the players threw in token efforts. My experience is that sort of malaise isn't cured with the click of fingers. They're waiting to be exposed imo.

Tactically they'll go man to man with us at the back. Shields, Canty, Kissane (if he plays) etc. will be completely exposed for pace and there's no better side at the minute in going for the jugular.

4 best teams this summer left in the hurling. Nothing really between the four of them. The Dublin backs will be really tested next day but if they get the upper hand it could swing the game in our favour. Exciting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

anyone know where i can get hill tickets for the 4th cause on the gaa website all i can see is terrace adult tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

airbus125 wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get hill tickets for the 4th cause on the gaa website all i can see is terrace adult tickets

Tickets.ie should have hill tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Is the terrace not the hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Neeson wrote: »
    Is the terrace not the hill?

Nally/Hill16. Both serve up same atmosphere though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

airbus125 wrote: »

yes the bandwagon is in full effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

yes the bandwagon is in full effect

Just jealous and bitter because your Kildare team is not any where near croke park again this year are ya,

Poster asked a simple question in the Dublin gaa forum for tickets for a Dublin game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

When and where (online) can you get tickets for the hill for the Cork game?

• Advertisement

When and where (online) can you get tickets for the hill for the Cork game?

If you can't get them through your local club then they are already on sale through ticketmaster and tickets.ie

Great to see the true blue supporters coming out in numbers:rolleyes:

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    If you can't get them through your local club then they are already on sale through ticketmaster and tickets.ie

Great to see the true blue supporters coming out in numbers:rolleyes:

Are there any tickets for the Hill still left on ticketmaster or tickets.ie?

Are there any tickets for the Hill still left on ticketmaster or tickets.ie?

Do you want me to buy you the ticket as well? Check yourself if there is tickets left for the Hill

Hint: look for terrace!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Do you want me to buy you the ticket as well? Check yourself if there is tickets left for the Hill

Hint: look for terrace!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

realies wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D

Got them! See yous there COYBIB

Have we been playing any practice games of late?

Sometimes I feel coming through the back door can help and team. We did ok a few years back coming through it and then throwing it away against Cork in the semi. We really should of won it that year imo.

• Advertisement

Have we been playing any practice games of late?

Sometimes I feel coming through the back door can help and team. We did ok a few years back coming through it and then throwing it away against Cork in the semi. We really should of won it that year imo.

Nah, we were still way over reliant on Bernard, we also needed another year to get to the fitness levels needed for gilroys gameplan

Is Andrews fit to play against Cork?

O Gara was useless against Meath. Brogan was marked out of the game which left Mannion to run wild. Brogan could run wild if Mannion is marked out of next game. Brogan needs a confidence boost

Kilkenny looks for best pass rather than going for the flavor of the month

Is Andrews fit to play against Cork?

O Gara was useless against Meath. Brogan was marked out of the game which left Mannion to run wild. Brogan could run wild if Mannion is marked out of next game. Brogan needs a confidence boost

Kilkenny looks for best pass rather than going for the flavor of the month

Andrews should be fit, O'Gara seems to be a better impact player alright.

Hopefully brogan will have a big game but I'd tip him to perform once Alan is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Are tickets sold out or something? Can't get any off ticketmaster or tickets.ie?

EDIT: Got them, not particularly great seats, this must be heading close to a sell out

Andrews should be fit, O'Gara seems to be a better impact player alright.

Hopefully brogan will have a big game but I'd tip him to perform once Alan is back.

If BB's performances of late are a confidence thing rather than a possible post-injury related problem, I feel there's no better game to get him back to full flow than the Cork game this week. The Cork defending and relative free space offered by them should give a great platform to do what he does best

• Advertisement
Advertisement