Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have to laugh at you guys, try and at least be a little impartial!

If the ref was truely out to 'get' Dublin as some here are claiming, ye would have ended the game with 12 players ffs.

Dublin fully deserved their win and were better but a little less of the persecution complex wouldn't go astray.

Persecution ? I was at the game. There was five kerry 'oul' lads behind me they were even laughing at this decisions giving soft frees all over the place and even giving yards when it was completely uncalled for.

So please explain my persecution complex? Because you are off you're head. I am explaining what happened in front of me on the pitch. And that opinion of the opposing supporters in my vicinity, i didnt just make it up as part of some faux dublin outrage. The mind boggles at some people :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

listermint wrote: »
    Persecution ? I was at the game. There was five kerry 'oul' lads behind me they were even laughing at this decisions giving soft frees all over the place and even giving yards when it was completely uncalled for.

So please explain my persecution complex? Because you are off you're head. I am explaining what happened in front of me on the pitch. And that opinion of the opposing supporters in my vicinity, i didnt just make it up as part of some faux dublin outrage. The mind boggles at some people :confused:

Go on so give me the specific examples of these incidents, I'll make my own impartial mind up whether they are as bad as eye-gouging, kicking a lad in the head on the ground and throwing a lad around like a rag doll after having fouled him, all coincidently just happened to be commited on the best footballer in the country, coincidence I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Was just about to buy a Parnell Park ticket online there, says it takes about 12-14 days to arrive, will I definitely be ok to collect my final ticket does anyone know?

Go on so give me the specific examples of these incidents, I'll make my own impartial mind up whether they are as bad as eye-gouging, kicking a lad in the head on the ground and throwing a lad around like a rag doll after having fouled him, all coincidently just happened to be commited on the best footballer in the country, coincidence I'm sure!

I love how a still image can be seen as binding evidence.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Im not going to comment any further on those so called incidents because it seems youve set out your stall.

I love how a still image can be seen as binding evidence.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Im not going to comment any further on those so called incidents because it seems youve set out your stall.

lol excellent dodging there, you might be an option off the bench for the final with that sort of evasiveness.

lol excellent dodging there, you might be an option off the bench for the final with that sort of evasiveness.

No i just dont respond to nonsense. There isnt malice in that dublin panel. Makes a nice change from the hot headedness that was prevalent in recent years.

Stick to the game and play it has it should be.

But sure whatever you are having yourself like....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I was one of the people booing the ref at the end but on watching the game back i thought he had a good game. Good first half especially.

He got a few decisions wrong but he didn't favour either team from what i can see. He didn't deal with off the ball stuff throughout the game.

James O' Donaghue knocking over Jonny Cooper off the ball was ignored just like he ignored Brennan on Colm Cooper.

He didn't book the Kerry players for pulling down Cian O' Sullivan in on goal and he didn't book Jonny Coopers trip on Colm Cooper. I can live with that.

Not convinced any eye gouging took place or that Colm Cooper was kicked in the head.

No i just dont respond to nonsense. There isnt malice in that dublin panel. Makes a nice change from the hot headedness that was prevalent in recent years.

Stick to the game and play it has it should be.

But sure whatever you are having yourself like....

I simply asked you for the specific examples of where you feel the ref rode Dublin, you have failed to supply a single example.

I then merely wondered that when you do come up with these many many examples ( should be easy as the bias was so blatant like) whether those incidents would be worse that the treatment dished out to Cooper.

corny wrote: »
    I was one of the people booing the ref at the end but on watching the game back i thought he had a good game. Good first half especially.

He got a few decisions wrong but he didn't favour either team from what i can see. He didn't deal with off the ball stuff throughout the game.

James O' Donaghue knocking over Jonny Cooper off the ball was ignored just like he ignored Brennan on Colm Cooper.

He didn't book the Kerry players for pulling down Cian O' Sullivan in on goal and he didn't book Jonny Coopers trip on Colm Cooper. I can live with that.

Not convinced any eye gouging took place or that Colm Cooper was kicked in the head.

Fair play for a mature response and analysis a pity more can't remove the bias when analysing a game involving their own county.

I simply asked you for the specific examples of where you feel the ref rode Dublin, you have failed to supply a single example.

I then merely wondered that when you do come up with these many many examples ( should be easy as the bias was so blatant like) whether those incidents would be worse that the treatment dished out to Cooper.

Excuse me if i blatantly tell you i dont have the incidents written down. Unlike you i was at the match. So im not taking my queues from internet forums and images that are taken out of context on national websites.

Go and watch it back and note them down if it makes you feel superior but i wont be baited by you.

The ref was giving soft frees and that it. He didnt punish kerry for picking the ball off the ground on at least 3 countable occasions in the dublin half. despite being right in front of the incidents.

As i said. youve set your stall out. i wont buy any of its contents.

• Advertisement

Fair play for a mature response and analysis a pity more can't remove the bias when analysing a game involving their own county.

Thats the most mature thing to come out of your posts actually thank pointing to incidents youve picked up off the internet. But sure best of luck with your flawed opinion.

Excuse me if i blatantly tell you i dont have the incidents written down. Unlike you i was at the match. So im not taking my queues from internet forums and images that are taken out of context on national websites.

Go and watch it back and note them down if it makes you feel superior but i wont be baited by you.

The ref was giving soft frees and that it. He didnt punish kerry for picking the ball off the ground on at least 3 countable occasions in the dublin half. despite being right in front of the incidents.

As i said. youve set your stall out. i wont buy any of its contents.

So in summary you have nothing! I wasn't at the game no, I watched it on TV where you can actually see things a bit closer and I have watched a replay since, ref was in no shape or form biased, tyou can argue incompetent yes, but biased no, and persoinaly I wouldn't say incompetent - he just wanted to try and let the game flow, something that should be encouraged IMO.

How exactly do you conclude that the image of O'Caroll is been taken out of context btw? What exactly do you think is happening in that photo?
    Thats the most mature thing to come out of your posts actually thank pointing to incidents youve picked up off the internet. But sure best of luck with your flawed opinion.

I'm sorry I have read this ten times and I have no idea what you are trying to say?

So in summary you have nothing! I wasn't at the game no, I watched it on TV where you can actually see things a bit closer and I have watched a replay since, ref was in no shape or form biased, tyou can argue incompetent yes, but biased no, and persoinaly I wouldn't say incompetent - he just wanted to try and let the game flow, something that should be encouraged IMO.

How exactly do you conclude that the image of O'Caroll is been taken out of context btw? What exactly do you think is happening in that photo?

I'm sorry I have read this ten times and I have no idea what you are trying to say?

Well yes the TV actually gives you a very limited view of the coverage and yes while it can give you replays it also shows the replays that of interest (or have time to show due to live coverage)

The O Carroll incident looks like he was pressing himself up off the player to stand. Ive seen this countless times in the flesh and while yes having a hand on face is somewhat unpleasant i.e. makes you feel inferior its disingeniousness to say that he was purposefully sticking his hand in coopers eye.

A still image can capture whatever you want it to see. Give me some video evidence from an appropriate angle. That would be more telling, dont you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Sorry lads but this is all completely pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Kerry penalty was never a penalty for a start. Charging. Free out to Dublin.
    And then he shows a yellow too.

As for the gouging? Nah. A still image of an incident between 2 lads. Never. Kerry are making nothing of the incident so why are you?

There was an awful lot of things the ref missed, especially in the first half. Blowing up for things another ref would have let go.

Ah maybe he just had a bad game sure ha ha

Slattsy wrote: »
    Kerry penalty was never a penalty for a start. Charging. Free out to Dublin.
    And then he shows a yellow too.

As for the gouging? Nah. A still image of an incident between 2 lads. Never. Kerry are making nothing of the incident so why are you?

There was an awful lot of things the ref missed, especially in the first half. Blowing up for things another ref would have let go.

Ah maybe he just had a bad game sure ha ha

Which is exactly how i felt. Superb game, ref was a tad ****e.

Game wasnt played with any malice and its the best game of football ive seen in the championship in years.

Well yes the TV actually gives you a very limited view of the coverage and yes while it can give you replays it also shows the replays that of interest (or have time to show due to live coverage)

The O Carroll incident looks like he was pressing himself up off the player to stand. Ive seen this countless times in the flesh and while yes having a hand on face is somewhat unpleasant i.e. makes you feel inferior its disingeniousness to say that he was purposefully sticking his hand in coopers eye.

A still image can capture whatever you want it to see. Give me some video evidence from an appropriate angle. That would be more telling, dont you think?

Agree with regard to the TV and the obvious disadvantage is that you can't see the off the ball action, but as discussion was in relation to the referees alleged bias, then the off to ball incidents are relatively irellevant as he wouldn't have seen these anyway.

Also agree with regard to the use of a still image, but you have automatically dismissed it as accidental which is just as presumptious as saying it was intentional, nobody knows only O'Carroll himself, I have to admit from a completely neutral viewpoint it does not look good - coincidentally in Rugby for a player to be cited and banned for gouging intent does not need to be proven, just that the player was reckless and using their hands in the general direction of an opponents eyes, O'Carroll would definitely have a case to answer under that criteria.

Agree with regard to the TV and the obvious disadvantage is that you can't see the off the ball action, but as discussion was in relation to the referees alleged bias, then the off to ball incidents are relatively irellevant as he wouldn't have seen these anyway.

Also agree with regard to the use of a still image, but you have automatically dismissed it as accidental which is just as presumptious as saying it was intentional, nobody knows only O'Carroll himself, I have to admit from a completely neutral viewpoint it does not look good - coincidentally in Rugby for a player to be cited and banned for gouging intent does not need to be proven, just that the player was reckless and using their hands in the general direction of an opponents eyes, O'Carroll would definitely have a case to answer under that criteria.

on the sole basis that the image is ridiculous and nothing has been said about from anyone on either panels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Have to laugh at you guys, try and at least be a little impartial!

If the ref was truely out to 'get' Dublin as some here are claiming, ye would have ended the game with 12 players ffs.

Dublin fully deserved their win and were better but a little less of the persecution complex wouldn't go astray.
    To be honest it was not evident on TV, there was a lot of off the ball stuff, Kerry forwards standing over the keeper for kickouts, but only the Dublin players were booked early in the game.
    There must have been four or five yellow cards for Dublin before kerry got one and on the balance of play that was not a reflection of the game.

Like I said it was not that evident on TV, I've been posting and going to games for years and I'm not one for ranting about refs , trust me this was one of the worst displays from a ref I've seen.
    Yes j Cooper deserved a yellow for the trip on the Gooch, but he was booked early on after getting punched in the face,
    Maybe you can trust me on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »
    To be honest it was not evident on TV, there was a lot of off the ball stuff, Kerry forwards standing over the keeper for kickouts, but only the Dublin players were booked early in the game.
    There must have been four or five yellow cards for Dublin before kerry got one and on the balance of play that was not a reflection of the game.

You see thats the thing with high pressure games, every injustice becomes magnified. He booked McCarthy, he booked Cluxton for the penalty and he booked Anthony Maher in the first half. 2-1. He should have booked Brennan, he should have booked Flynn in the 22nd minute for his foul and he probably should have booked the Dublin defender for the foul off the ball in the 25th minute (he was going to but the free was taken quickly). In total he gave 5 yellows to Dublin and 4 to Kerry by my count.
    Stoner wrote: »
    Like I said it was not that evident on TV, I've been posting and going to games for years and I'm not one for ranting about refs , trust me this was one of the worst displays from a ref I've seen.
    Yes j Cooper deserved a yellow for the trip on the Gooch, but he was booked early on after getting punched in the face,
    Maybe you can trust me on this one.

No i can't! I'd have agreed with you Sunday evening but not after watching the game back. He did allow a lot of silly stuff. That raised the angst and maybe suited Kerry more because they engaged in slightly more silly stuff but i don't have a problem with that as long as the ref is consistent and he was. Ger Brennan gave him every opportunity to book him and he didn't. Another referee would have sent James O' Donaghue off had Jonny Cooper rolled around after being clattered in the 15th minute. Again no action. He was consistent in allowing that stuff and not biased in any way. Now you can say he should implement the rules but i thought he contributed to the way the game flowed.

I've gone through each decision and he really didn't get that much wrong. That and he was ultra consistent in how he applied the rules. The McCaffrey free late on was his biggest blunder i thought. A definite free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Good to see our neighbours flying high..

Been avoiding GAA forum after our summer tbh

Best of luck in final lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Good to see our neighbours flying high..

Been avoiding GAA forum after our summer tbh

Best of luck in final lads

Nice to see neutrals from Leinster siding behind us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

Was just about to buy a Parnell Park ticket online there, says it takes about 12-14 days to arrive, will I definitely be ok to collect my final ticket does anyone know?

Anyone know the answer to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Call Dublin County Board and ask :)

Been trying all day, there's probably plenty of people with the same idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Bought my Parnell pass fingers cross ill get a ticket on the 17th for the final

Spoke to dcb - they said passes will be out in advance of tues 17 th so got mine today.

One more question league games will be in croke park that mean we have to pay in or still free on Parnell pass??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

but1er wrote: »
    One more question league games will be in croke park that mean we have to pay in or still free on Parnell pass??

You see Croke park is an away game for Dublin so.....

:-) nah you get them for free too, at least I have in the past.

Tbh I can deal ill be at the all Ireland final and ill pay next year just as much!

• Advertisement

League Games are held in Croker because for most (if not all of them) we'd sell out Parnell Park. It's also a bigger drive for people to go and allows promotions like the "Spring Series" to take place. They are "home" games for the purposes of the Parnell Pass, so they're free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dazed909 wrote: »
    Spoke to dcb - they said passes will be out in advance of tues 17 th so got mine today.

Do we all have to Q up on the 17th?
    and what times are we talking about - I heard it doesn't open till 10am which is a bit on the late site, esp for someone with a job - it's a pain.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    and what times are we talking about - I heard it doesn't open till 10am which is a bit on the late site, esp for someone with a job - it's a pain.

ill be like a one direction fan with a sleeping bag sleeping outside the offices im not missing this

Tickets for the All Ireland Football Final will be distributed through Dublin GAA Clubs and Parnell Pass Season Ticket holders. Tickets will not be on general sale.

Parnell Pass Holders are entitled to purchase one ticket per pass from the GAA Ticket Office on Dorset Street from 10am on Tuesday 17th September. Parnell Pass holders must bring their pass to the ticket office along with Photo ID.

There are a limited number of Terrace Passes still available from www.dcbtickets.gaa.ie – Please note the stand passes are sold out.

http://hill16.ie/ticket-info-all-ireland-sfc-final#.Uie9oz_9UQo

I'll be away on that Tuesday. I assume someone else can pick up my ticket...

Photo ID required it says but call the county board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Folks, read the official blurb from the DCB info provided, before you all start begging your bosses for the 17th off.

No, you don't all have to show up on the 17th. You can go to the ticket office any day that week, from the 17th onwards, to pick up your tickets. The 17th (which is the Tuesday I believe) is just the first day that you can show up to get them. It doesn't have to be that specific day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah this is the 1st year I've seen the id required. They've tightened up over the years. I remember in Parnell Park they'd give ya any amount (well within reason). I used to collect mine and 3 others now it looks like we all have to queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any word of the ref for the final. Presume it is McQuillan as he didn't do either semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Any word of the ref for the final. Presume it is McQuillan as he didn't do either semi.

*mumbles* ..Hail mary fulla grace ... neither did Marty Duffy

• Advertisement

Got my passes there today - only ordered them on Sunday - just one thing I got two one for someone else- does that person have to turn up to get the ticket as well ? Don't think they will be able to so bit stuck there

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

DoctaDee wrote: »
    *mumbles* ..Hail mary fulla grace ... neither did Marty Duffy
    oh fvck...why did you have to go and say that:mad:...just nobody say his name two more times and we'll be fine...*looks around in fear*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wonder what that's all about. Name is not even on the Parnell Pass as far as I remember?

Many thanks for posting about them still being available by the way. Had a heap of stuff going on when they were originally released a few months ago and just couldn't afford it. Had just assumed they would be long gone by now. I'm even sure they had a closing date of end of May or something so never even entered my head they'd be available at this late stage.

Thanks again

I'm sure someone else must be able to pick up the tickets for ye. They can't expect everyone with a Parnell Park ticket to be available on that day.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Folks, read the official blurb from the DCB info provided, before you all start begging your bosses for the 17th off.

No, you don't all have to show up on the 17th. You can go to the ticket office any day that week, from the 17th onwards, to pick up your tickets. The 17th (which is the Tuesday I believe) is just the first day that you can show up to get them. It doesn't have to be that specific day.

What I read said from "from 10am on Tuesday 17th September", didn't say anything about onwards.

I rang then DCB there and they said it's from 10am to 7pm on the 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Thankfully, I have the day off that day. Reckon I'll head up early to queue just to be sure. Cannot wait for the Final now. It's gonna be a classic.

I know it's probably mental to queue up early, but I really want to be sure. Wanna say a big thanks to two members on here (I presume you'll know who you are!) for their help to me. Really appreciated and I think it's gonna come good now! :D

DazMarz wrote: »
    Thankfully, I have the day off that day. Reckon I'll head up early to queue just to be sure. Cannot wait for the Final now. It's gonna be a classic.

I know it's probably mental to queue up early, but I really want to be sure. Wanna say a big thanks to two members on here (I presume you'll know who you are!) for their help to me. Really appreciated and I think it's gonna come good now! :D

But are the tickets not guaranteed if you have a Parnell pass?

But are the tickets not guaranteed if you have a Parnell pass?

They are, but only if you show up on Tuesday. After that they'll go back into a pool and sold to clubs I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I take the words "guaranteed" with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I was talking to someone who knows GAA inside out, and he was of the opinion that there would probably be a limited supply. Even for the Parnell Pass holders on that Tuesday. He told me it'd be first come, first served. So that's why I intend to be one of the first!

Probably bonkers, but seeing as I've the day off anyway with nothing better to do, I wanna make sure I get my hands on a ticket. 100%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DazMarz wrote: »
    I take the words "guaranteed" with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I was talking to someone who knows GAA inside out, and he was of the opinion that there would probably be a limited supply. Even for the Parnell Pass holders on that Tuesday. He told me it'd be first come, first served. So that's why I intend to be one of the first!

Your friend doesn't know the GAA as well as he thinks he does. Perhaps he should read the terms and conditions of the Parnell Pass terms of sale before he starts telling you rubbish like that. They state explicitly that buying one entitles you to purchase a ticket for the AI final. End of story. There is no 'first come, first served' policy to be worried about. There is a limited supply of actual Parnell Passes to be bought. Once they are sold out, that is it, they are gone. But once you have one, you are guaranteed a ticket.

Advertisement