Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Has anyone received their Parnell Park pass that ordered it after last Thursday (Sept 5th)? A friend ordered it the same night and he got his yesterday. Apparently nothing in the mail yet according to family. I'm in the US now.

Went to the box office in Dorset st today and was reassured the last of the passes were posted 5.45 yesterday(12/09). So if you don't have one by Monday evening I would start to worry. If you have a receipt Ciaran at the BO will sort you out

P.S. You DO NOT have to collect ticket on Tuesday as posted all over the interweb. Tickets are available Tuesday through Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

It doesn't illustrate anything you are presuming it does ;)

Mcquillan is a Cavan man or a dub?

Is it actually true Mcquillans family were at AI final in 2011 in Dublin attire or is that just a lie?

The non regular mayo posters you will find drift in from after hours and comment away for something to do and to stir it here just ignore it lads I'm 100% sure regular mayo lads don't feel like that.

But if the story about Mcquillans family in Dublin attire is true it is one of the most stupid things mcquillan could allow wife and kids to do but also hilarious :D

Please tell me you are joking..

McQuillan is a poor ref imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Wont be able to see or hear the match this sunday :-( But am hopefull/confident and praying that Dublin take home the Sam Maguire .Up the Dubs and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

547276_525441270872233_1154115689_n.jpg

Star seem to have the programme team will likely be changes but Sub Bench unlikely to change and Alan brogan on it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"
    Dublinfan wrote: »

Star seem to have the programme team will likely be changes but Sub Bench unlikely to change and Alan brogan on it..

That's just a made up "match programme" that was free with the Star today, nothing to do with the official match programme that will be on sale on Sunday. They've just put down the team they're speculating will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Have my ticket for the Hill for Sunday! Absolutely delighted... Was humming that "Golden Ticket" tune from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory all the way home! :o

And I think the nerves have finally hit me... at this moment of all time... Oh fúck... I don't think I'll be able to hold out until Sunday without exploding. Stomach is churning at the moment. Fúck sake. No sleep tonight, tomorrow or Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

Im having a few stiff ones for the next two nights the butterfiles are flying out of my stomach im singing to myself 'get it up ye' , only 61 hours and 54mins to go

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

So Philly comes in for O'Brien in only change, deserved for Philly but a bit unlucky for O'Brien. He got a heavy knock early against Kerry and wasn't right afterward. Philly has done well after some poor moments in first game as sub and like Ger he adds some serious physicality if it becomes required.

Otherwise I'm glad to see no changes, Ger performed well against Mayo twice already this year and they have a tendency to try and throw their weight around, which he will be able to nip it in the bud, allowing those around him to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

copacetic wrote: »
    So Philly comes in for O'Brien in only change, deserved for Philly but a bit unlucky for O'Brien. He got a heavy knock early against Kerry and wasn't right afterward. Philly has done well after some poor moments in first game as sub and like Ger he adds some serious physicality if it becomes required.

Otherwise I'm glad to see no changes, Ger performed well against Mayo twice already this year and they have a tendency to try and throw their weight around, which he will be able to nip it in the bud, allowing those around him to play.

No word about the bench?

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    No word about the bench?

Doesn't usually come out the same time as the team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

Anybody know what the story is for the post-match reception and getting tickets for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Dublinfan wrote: »

oops !

529433_526348154114878_1357959758_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

dats_right wrote: »
    Anybody know what the story is for the post-match reception and getting tickets for it?

Gibson Hotel from 9pm onwards. Tickets to it @20 quid a pop, were available from the DCB up to a couple of days ago. Dunno if they still are or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Anyone know of a pub in Dublin that will have some ballads on before the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Well yeah, except when he pulled a Ger Brennan and got stupidly sent off in the league. He is Dublin's weak leak without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Well yeah, except when he pulled a Ger Brennan and got stupidly sent off in the league. He is Dublin's weak leak without a doubt.

Ger Brennan is Dublins weak link?

corny wrote: »
    Ger Brennan is Dublins weak link?

Yep. The image of Stephen Bray putting him on his arse in the Leinster Final still haunts my nightmares. I imagine he will want to answer his critics by making a "big" statement in the final. Of course in Ger's case, this will most likely be getting himself a yellow card, or worse.

You can't play hard and fast without some level of risk and he has controlled his play pretty well. Aidan O'Shea should have seen the line against him in the league after starting a lot of off the ball stuff, then diving on the ground when he bit off more than he could chew.

It's important to put a reasonable marker down early on, if a few yellow cards come with it that is part of the risk. In fact as long as it is relatively even it will suit us fine, Mayo play much closer to the edge with drag tackles and chopping runners down etc than we do so it would be more of a risk for them.

What we really need to avoid is reacting to Vaughan etc dishing out sneaky hits then diving to the ground when they get the reaction. Connolly has been caught out by him (and others) before and needs to keep his head when he starts the same thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yep. The image of Stephen Bray putting him on his arse in the Leinster Final still haunts my nightmares.

You've your mind made up so i'm not going to argue with you but i'm glad you've no nightmares of McCaffrey, Cooper, O' Brien or Daly defending. You'd never get a wink of sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

corny wrote: »
    You've your mind made up so i'm not going to argue with you but i'm glad you've no nightmares of McCaffrey, Cooper, O' Brien or Daly defending. You'd never get a wink of sleep.

Dublins defence was poor against Kerry. Mayo have a more pacey forward line than Kerry but dont have the quality of some of the Kerry forwards.

• Advertisement

24 hours... 54 minutes...

But there is an absolutely bizarre loyalty amongst Dublin fans towards Brennan. All his talk of finding God, and realising he shouldn't be lashing out, were turned on their head in the League against Mayo. Whereas Connolly has turned his aggression around (on the pitch at least!), Brennan hasn't. He's relatively slow, and Dublin looked far more assured without him the last day.

I wouldn't be encouraging Dublin to put down any markers which would earn them a yellow card. The hurlers learned the hard way that it simply isn't worth it to be careless like that.

I hope Brennan can prove me wrong, and we're talking on Sunday night of the pacey, calmed composed Ger Brennan who kept his half-back line in shape against pace Mayo midfielders and forwards. I don't see it happening, and it wouldn't be any surprise to see the Kerry/Bastick shuffle happening early on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yep. The image of Stephen Bray putting him on his arse in the Leinster Final still haunts my nightmares. I imagine he will want to answer his critics by making a "big" statement in the final. Of course in Ger's case, this will most likely be getting himself a yellow card, or worse.

I used to feel the same about Ger but have been won around.

He is the leader of our defence, never hides. Interesting to watch whenever one of the other lads is in trouble with the ball its usually Ger who gives an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Lads, just gonna step in here and say may the best team win tomorrow. I'm honestly of the opinion that ye will win it by about 4 or 5 points, you can check the votes here. I just hope something silly doesn't ruin it for either or both teams. Right bye bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

0007e12a-960.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

0007e12a-960.jpg

Have Dublin changed county colours? Face paints are all wrong ;)

Have Dublin changed county colours? Face paints are all wrong ;)

You think people's level of pure ignorant smug mean spirited attitude can never surprise you, but then there is always one who can do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

Me bleeding nerves are gone, bit of "up for the match" then bed to not sleep but toss and turn all night until a early stroll down the bull wall before the fry up with the Dubliners in the back round and pre match conversations and banter with the family around the table with a nerve settling sip of stout before departing for the holy Grail, Up the Dubs fella's, Up the bleeding Dubs

Fúck me, lads... My nerves are shot to pieces and my stomach is in knots. I don't remember being this bad before the '11 Final (though I probably was). 17.5 hours to throw in... God...

You think people's level of pure ignorant smug mean spirited attitude can never surprise you, but then there is always one who can do it..

I think he was referring to the dogs, to be fair.

• Advertisement

I think he was referring to the dogs, to be fair.

I was and was meant in jest.. I thought that was obvious

Copacetic obviously sees the bad in people

Reckon Dublin by 4/5 tomorrow

Good luck btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Good luck btw

To be fair I think his nerves are shot!!!!

To be fair I think his nerves are shot!!!!

I honestly don't think they are..

Would a sorry DK be out of line to expect from him? I don't think so..

Anyways I do mean that best of luck and the two best teams on the island are rightfully there tomorrow which is poetic IMO

Good luck btw

Apologies, it's possible I'm a little on the edge!

shouldnt have turned on Up for the Match! getting me nervous.

Mayo are the best team we have played this year. Think its a year too early for us under new management. lets hope i am proved wrong!!

Hope no refereeing errors or controversy tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    shouldnt have turned on Up for the Match! getting me nervous.

Mayo are the best team we have played this year. Think its a year too early for us under new management. lets hope i am proved wrong!!

Hope no refereeing errors or controversy tomorrow

We're the best team Mayo have played in almost a year, well since the AI final last year.

We've beaten a very good Kerry team that pushed us close and we had to fight, Mayo dont have that experience, and im glad we have it as it'll stand to us hugely.

Apologies, it's possible I'm a little on the edge!

No bother it's understandable if suppose.. Enjoy the game either way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I used to feel the same about Ger but have been won around.

He is the leader of our defence, never hides. Interesting to watch whenever one of the other lads is in trouble with the ball its usually Ger who gives an option

I think O'Carroll is the leader of the Dublin defence. He was missed against Mayo in the league.
    I don't enjoy hammering brennan, he has many elements to his game I like , but we've been here in 2011, worried about brennan staying on the field. On the day he was lucky to stay on, and turned over a Dublin free in the dying minutes lucky Fennel beat Donaghy to win the ball back otherwise we'd be looking for our first win in 18 or so years.

He has stopped carrying the ball into the tackle, and his distribution could well be called for tomorrow.

A brief reminder! Fingers Toes and every possible body limb crossed for today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I think I can keep breakfast down...possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Brandy in yer morning coffee TV. Settles the tummy and the nerves in one fell swoop. 'Tis the only way to go on a morning like this....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Welcome Home Sam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Great win, I think I'll steer clear of this place for a few days till the numpties clear off.

Up The Dubs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Congrats Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

well done dublin the better team won. 2.4 from Brogan, cant beat that and on its own is enough to win a match!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

kev mc got fouled, clucko kicked the winning free again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done Dublin - best team in the Championship this year and deserving winners..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What players are gone from the 2011 winning squad?Eamonn Fennell on the team this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mossy Quinn and Barry Cahill are gone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

0007e593-960.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement