Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

The look on Enda's face... Priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why is enda so far back he should be down beside both the presidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play Dublin. 3rd time seeing ye play against my county this year and ye were the better team every game. Fully deserved champions and ye'll only improve too. See ye in the west again come 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I hope Brennan can prove me wrong, and we're talking on Sunday night of the pacey, calmed composed Ger Brennan who kept his half-back line in shape against pace Mayo midfielders and forwards.

I thought Brennan was fantastic today. Bar maybe O' Carroll he was Dublins most assured defender. Delighted for him he proved the muppets wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

corny wrote: »
    I thought Brennan was fantastic today. Bar maybe O' Carroll he was Dublins most assured defender. Delighted for him he proved the muppets wrong.

Disagree, thought McMahon was fantastic.
    Scored a dinger though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Disagree, thought McMahon was fantastic.
    Scored a dinger though.

No Philly had a good game but he didn't have to compensate for weak links beside him. Cooper and O' Carroll played well.

McCaffrey on the other was completely lost and Brennan and McCarthy did well to compensate for him. Like i said, just pleased he proved the muppets wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Cooper and O' Carroll played well.

Hope Cooper is okay, that looked a fierce collision

Hope Cooper is okay, that looked a fierce collision

He'll be fine. Semi final and today, he seems a hardy sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

UP THE DUBS!!! FÚCKING GET IN THERE!!!

She wasn't pretty, but the result was all that mattered.

Maybe not the most assured, but fúck me, Ger put in some shift. I really was delighted for him that he was so confident and so imperious when called upon. Scored a daisy of a point too.

And my god, avoid that match thread too. The amount of bitterness and hatred for Dublin at the moment is quite shocking. I know it was meant to be 31 v. 1 today, but that thread is a bit more than ridiculous at this stage.

I'm sore, I'm sunburnt, I'm half-cut... And I'm the happiest chappie in the world at the moment!!! Ath Cliath abú! Sam's home. And god willing he's staying for longer than a year this time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Hi guys mayo man popping in. Yer fans in our section (davin) were a pleasure, and conducted yerselves with grace and class after the game.

While i may not recover from this properly for yonks ye were by far the better team and fair play to ye- enjoy it!

Most of my aunts/uncles "emigrated" to Dublin in the 70s/80s and I have a great soft spot for ye! Drinkin with my dub cousins before the Game with a load of their mates- as the only mayo man at the time I was made welcome and everyone in the bar was friendly and up for the craic. As much as I tried to convince them mayo for Sam they held firm- they wre right I guess :D Enjoy it guys. I travelled to dub thinking this was the one but it didn't work that way and Dublin had no time for sentiment. Sam was to be won and simply ye went and grabbed the thing in more convincing fashion than us (metaphorically)

Enjoy gents!!!

...but watch out were coming next year ;)

Haha

#believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

And whilst id give anything. And I mean anything for my county to win Sam, you guys will be in the way and that Is a testament to how hard ye work, the team ye have, and the players ye have! A young team yel be the most dominant team for the next decade! I've no problem with that enjoy it lads! Hopefully we may get ye on the hop ;) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Hi guys mayo man popping in. Yer fans in our section (davin) were a pleasure, and conducted yerselves with grace and class after the game.

Fair play Gerry 91, I was beside a Mayo lad and pretty much surrounded by ya's cusack upper 701 and there was great sportsmanship and banter even with passions running high, I'd be bawling me head off then he'd be bawling his head off then we'd sit down and give honest opinions on the incidents and funnily enough agreeing nearly all the time, hand shakes before and after the game, yous were gracious in defeat, wouldn't get it anywhere else in the world, I'm bleedin buzzin tho, we are some squad, the lads didn't only look like team mates at the Gibson last night; they looked like best mates, it think this is just beginning, Up the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

p.s. Gerry91 it's the CANAL end, always will be ;) right I'm off to dry me jersey for merrion square tonight, Up the Dubs

Jeez lads the hatred towards us in the match thread is unreal. Not from Mayo fans, who have been very honest and not making excuses, but the 'nuetrals' as they call themselves.

It must eat them up inside to see us win. Their picking on scraps over there at the moment.
    It does make it all the more sweeter though :)

Cant wait for next year COYBIB :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Jeez lads the hatred towards us in the match thread is unreal. Not from Mayo fans, who have been very honest and not making excuses, but the 'nuetrals' as they call themselves.

It must eat them up inside to see us win. Their picking on scraps over there at the moment.

There is'int enough salt and vinegar in the world for the chips on their shoulders ....

I remember 2 years ago, the DVD of the final was released, but also had a fascinating documentary on the whole run up to the victory that year.

Hopefully similar is done this year.

One of the most poignant moments of that Documentary was showing how in 2009, Dublin were absolutely hammered into the ground by Kerry. 1-24 to 1-07. I remember standing on the Hill for ages after the game, staring out onto the pitch in disbelief at what I'd just seen. Got my picture (standing alone on the Hill, head in hands, staring into the abyss) into one of the papers with the subtitle: a distraught Dublin fan after the game wondering where it all went wrong :o

This was in Gilroy's first year in charge. The change brought to that team in the ensuing 2 years was monumental. The pain in 2010 of missing out on the Final by a single point was sickening, especially after leading and being the better team for vast portions of the semi-final against Cork. But the experience and the determination of Cork told, the red card had a huge bearing, and in the end, Dublin fell short again. I sincerely would have fancied Dublin's chances in '10 against Down had Cork been beaten.

That said, 2011 was obviously spectacularly brilliant. To beat Kerry in that final was only the underlining of a spectacular Championship campaign that year. Stutter steps in the Leinster Championship against Kildare (poxy last minute free kick) and Wexford (goalkeeping howler gifting Dublin the win) aside, the remaining 3 games en route to Sam were brilliant tactically by Dublin.

Beating the old enemy Tyrone so comprehensively in the quarter-final (where Dublin had fallen to Tyrone so badly in 2008) banished a lot of the old demons and Diarmuid Connolly was absolutely spectacular that day. Dublin should have probably won by more than the 7 points in the end, but they still showed how much they had improved in the ensuing few years.

The infamous "Shi'ite football" game against Donegal was not pretty to look at, but it showed how mentally strong and determined Dublin were. The lowest scoring semi-final since the introduction of the 70 minute game in 1975. 0-08 to 0-06. It was a terrible game to watch, but I was no inclined to slam Donegal as others were. They had a system that was working for them. I love how people sometimes whinge about "not playing the game" or whatever when a team gets overly defensive. But if it is effective and it is working, why change it. In the end, Dublin dug deep, McManamon was decisive, and Dublin went into the Final. No other game in 2011 (barring the final) showed how determined, brilliant and mentally strong that Dublin were. It was an exhausting and desperate game, but in the end it paid off.

The final against Kerry needs no reminding, of course. The determination to fight to the last breath was unreal. Soft free against Kevin Mc or no, Dublin were the best team in the Championship that year and triumphed spectacularly.

In 2012, Dublin did not play well at all in any game all year. This cannot be denied. And yet came within a single score of reaching the Final again. Even as badly as Dublin played, they were still there to almost the bitter end. I don't think Dublin would have done any better than Mayo last year. I think 2012 was Donegal's year, no matter what. But we'll never know.

And this year, well. We all know what happened this year. Dublin probably weren't as "perfect" as other times, but... You don't have to be perfect to be a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What side of merrion square is this thing on this evening?

Update; It is on the Mount Street/East side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

bazermc wrote: »
    What side of merrion square is this thing on this evening?

Follow the crowd and the noise :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great win especially when you take the injuries into account. Mannion, O Gara, ROC, McAuley, Cooper all injured. Really dug in

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Great win especially when you take the injuries into account. Mannion, O Gara, ROC, McAuley, Cooper all injured. Really dug in

Mannion going off probably helped us as O'Gara probably came on and played his best game in a Dublin jersey. He won so much ball. If he can control his temperment he'll be a big player.

Also loved when AOS walked up to him and tried to give him a shoulder but he bounced back off him like a little fairy :D
    O'Gara is a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes thought EOG was brilliant yesterday, kept fighting and digging in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

The hatred cancels out any iota of neutrality. Wait till we win it again next year and see the bile and vitriol online ;-)

DazMarz wrote: »
    I remember 2 years ago, the DVD of the final was released, but also had a fascinating documentary on the whole run up to the victory that year.

Hopefully similar is done this year.

One of the most poignant moments of that Documentary was showing how in 2009, Dublin were absolutely hammered into the ground by Kerry. 1-24 to 1-07. I remember standing on the Hill for ages after the game, staring out onto the pitch in disbelief at what I'd just seen. Got my picture (standing alone on the Hill, head in hands, staring into the abyss) into one of the papers with the subtitle: a distraught Dublin fan after the game wondering where it all went wrong :o

This was in Gilroy's first year in charge. The change brought to that team in the ensuing 2 years was monumental. The pain in 2010 of missing out on the Final by a single point was sickening, especially after leading and being the better team for vast portions of the semi-final against Cork. But the experience and the determination of Cork told, the red card had a huge bearing, and in the end, Dublin fell short again. I sincerely would have fancied Dublin's chances in '10 against Down had Cork been beaten.

That said, 2011 was obviously spectacularly brilliant. To beat Kerry in that final was only the underlining of a spectacular Championship campaign that year. Stutter steps in the Leinster Championship against Kildare (poxy last minute free kick) and Wexford (goalkeeping howler gifting Dublin the win) aside, the remaining 3 games en route to Sam were brilliant tactically by Dublin.

Beating the old enemy Tyrone so comprehensively in the quarter-final (where Dublin had fallen to Tyrone so badly in 2008) banished a lot of the old demons and Diarmuid Connolly was absolutely spectacular that day. Dublin should have probably won by more than the 7 points in the end, but they still showed how much they had improved in the ensuing few years.

The infamous "Shi'ite football" game against Donegal was not pretty to look at, but it showed how mentally strong and determined Dublin were. The lowest scoring semi-final since the introduction of the 70 minute game in 1975. 0-08 to 0-06. It was a terrible game to watch, but I was no inclined to slam Donegal as others were. They had a system that was working for them. I love how people sometimes whinge about "not playing the game" or whatever when a team gets overly defensive. But if it is effective and it is working, why change it. In the end, Dublin dug deep, McManamon was decisive, and Dublin went into the Final. No other game in 2011 (barring the final) showed how determined, brilliant and mentally strong that Dublin were. It was an exhausting and desperate game, but in the end it paid off.

The final against Kerry needs no reminding, of course. The determination to fight to the last breath was unreal. Soft free against Kevin Mc or no, Dublin were the best team in the Championship that year and triumphed spectacularly.

In 2012, Dublin did not play well at all in any game all year. This cannot be denied. And yet came within a single score of reaching the Final again. Even as badly as Dublin played, they were still there to almost the bitter end. I don't think Dublin would have done any better than Mayo last year. I think 2012 was Donegal's year, no matter what. But we'll never know.

And this year, well. We all know what happened this year. Dublin probably weren't as "perfect" as other times, but... You don't have to be perfect to be a winner!

I remember seeing you in that pic. Made me feel very sad that. That DVD sounds good. Is this it? http://shop.rte.ie/Product/GAA-All-Ireland-Final-2011Dublin-V-Kerry-DVD/1441/2220.9.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    There is'int enough salt and vinegar in the world for the chips on their shoulders ....

Haha chip on the sholuder to put it mildly. Just makes the win all the sweeter though in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is the homecoming on UPC at all, I know it's on Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Well done Dublin but I said a few days ago I thought ye would win it..

Can I just say its terrible reAding here it's us against 31 and generalising all counties as being against Dublin..

I'm a kildareman and a proud one and I'm in no way bitter that Dublin are AI champions...

I know it's not all you regular posters with that opinion but it's sickening reading that tbh

Eamo71 wrote: »
    I remember seeing you in that pic. Made me feel very sad that. That DVD sounds good. Is this it? http://shop.rte.ie/Product/GAA-All-Ireland-Final-2011Dublin-V-Kerry-DVD/1441/2220.9.1

Ha, how did I look apart from being gutted? :P

And yeah, that's the DVD. Brilliant DVD so it is. Gilroy, Cullen, Bernard Brogan, Brennan and a couple of others I think are interviewed in it and it really does show a great insight into the team and how they improved and kicked on following so many years of promising so much and delivering so little.

Also, I see a thread has cropped up now, wondering is it time to split Dublin GAA into 2 separate counties. Cos Dublin are so dominant now, with 2 All Irelands in the past 3 years... never mind the 16 year barren spell or anything. Jesus truly wept...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Had an interesting discussion with a lad at our underage match last Saturday. He was telling me about the ticket allocations this year as opposed to 2011. Nothwithstanding the fact the minors were there in 2011 - the Parnell Pass & Season Tickets holders had their tickets provided from the central allocation in 2011, this year both tickets were taken from DCB quota.

So going forward I'd suggest that anyone who was unable to get a ticket may look at both these avenues in future as the likelihood is the scarcity wont improve. On a related note the Senior/Inter Club championship recommences 1st week of October get out and support your local team or go and watch Bernard attempt to keep OP/ER from relegation :D

And yeah, that's the DVD. Brilliant DVD so it is. Gilroy, Cullen, Bernard Brogan, Brennan and a couple of others I think are interviewed in it and it really does show a great insight into the team and how they improved and kicked on following so many years of promising so much and delivering so little.

Also, I see a thread has cropped up now, wondering is it time to split Dublin GAA into 2 separate counties. Cos Dublin are so dominant now, with 2 All Irelands in the past 3 years... never mind the 16 year barren spell or anything. Jesus truly wept...

One moron shouldn't tar all other counties..

Anyone that has read freddiek's previous posts knows that there is an all too obvious agenda .. splitting Dublin is the latest ball hop

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Anyone that has read freddiek's previous posts knows that there is an all too obvious agenda .. splitting Dublin is the latest ball hop

Did it not say in the scriptures do not rise to those damned trolls?? ;)

One moron shouldn't tar all other counties..

I wasn't giving out about any other counties. I was giving out about the thread. Sorry if it came across that way.

Did it not say in the scriptures do not rise to those damned trolls?? ;)

This is true, also... :o

This is true, also... :o

I say that but I am the worst offender in GAA forum for reacting to trolls...

Again though I mean it well done I said it at league stages Dublin would walk the championship.. Just watch your backs next year the lily white revolution is gonna happen ;)

Again though I mean it well done I said it at league stages Dublin would walk the championship.. Just watch your backs next year the lily white revolution is gonna happen ;)

Ah now, here!!! :P :D

One of my best friends is from Clane and we always have a good slagging match over the GAA. He also works in a pub in Dublin, which myself and a few of the lads make a bit of a point to go into after a Dublin match (regardless of the opposition), just to grin at him when we walk in. :D

Ah now, here!!! :P :D

One of my best friends is from Clane and we always have a good slagging match over the GAA. He also works in a pub in Dublin, which myself and a few of the lads make a bit of a point to go into after a Dublin match (regardless of the opposition), just to grin at him when we walk in. :D

Ah clane... Home of the beast Tomás O'Connor

I got me a new location

<<<<<

Im such a kid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

whatever happened Paul Griffin!

If this league form can be translated over into the Championship... my god... Dare we dream??? I know it's very early in the season, but looking at it, the forwards are all scoring, all moving freely. Brogan is just unstoppable on his day. They're all scoring, all setting each other up. Just unreal at the moment. The back line is so tight, so disciplined and coordinated and they give very little away.

Dare we dream of Sam again this year?

I know it's early days yet in the season, but looking at it, they just look so hungry and determined. The lessons of the mediocre performances of 2012 have been learned. That said, despite how poor Dublin were throughout 2012, they got to the semi-final and were one kick away from taking it to a replay. Had that last effort been scrambled into the back of the Mayo goal, it was a replay and god knows what would have happened. Then into the final... I find it hard to believe that any team would have beaten Donegal that day, but you never know.

This is definitely a season where Dublin could look to a League and Championship Double with a great deal of realism. Here's hoping. If the form can be kept up, it would be very sweet.
    I think this post is premature tbh. It's the league hugely different than championship teams will go he'll for leather in championship..

I can see you are excited but calm down put yourself on a pedestal and its a long fall down if you fall.

Dublin playing good football though.

Just trawling through my old posts in here, and saw this beauty from 6 months ago... :D

:cool:

Just trawling through my old posts in here, and saw this beauty from 6 months ago... :D

:cool:

Why involve me in this??

Anyone with a monkey brain could have called Dublin for Sam without league form...

• Advertisement

Why involve me in this??

Anyone with a monkey brain could have called Dublin for Sam without league form...

Ah just doing a little subtle trolling, looking for a reaction... :p

Ah just doing a little subtle trolling, looking for a reaction... :p

Openly admitting trolling??!! Best of luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well he did go back over your old posts I guess.

So did I and I saw you are sickened by the 31v1 attitude by Dublin supporters and that you are not bitter that Dublin are AI champions.

I'm not saying that you are but I did see that you also posted in the Mayo forum that you'd love to see them win.

I do genuinely understand your position, 61 years is a long time to wait and the Mayo supporters are fantastic.
    But the 31v1 stuff was mentioned all over the media, this year more than any other. That doesn't make it unfair or untrue you yourself wanted Mayo to win it understandably.

However for the one of the 31 to react to that is also understandable, some might not do it in a decent way, but you can't expect all Dublin fans to see the 31v1 comments and react in a positive way, they support their team like you do kildare.

Therefore in that light I can't see why you are sickened by this.

Summed up how we all felt I reckon.
    One of the biggest WTF moments in Dublin GAA. Thanks for the recommendation on the DVD. Will get it today.

Stoner wrote: »
    Well he did go back over your old posts I guess.

So did I and I saw you are sickened by the 31v1 attitude by Dublin supporters and that you are not bitter that Dublin are AI champions.

I'm not saying that you are but I did see that you also posted in the Mayo forum that you'd love to see them win.

I do genuinely understand your position, 61 years is a long time to wait and the Mayo supporters are fantastic.
    But the 31v1 stuff was mentioned all over the media, this year more than any other. That doesn't make it unfair or untrue you yourself wanted Mayo to win it understandably.

However for the one of the 31 to react to that is also understandable, some might not do it in a decent way, but you can't expect all Dublin fans to see the 31v1 comments and react in a positive way, they support their team like you do kildare.

Therefore in that light I can't see why you are sickened by this.
    you are only presuming what I think or feel which is silly.. Ask how I feel on the matter and ill answer honestly...

I was torn to be honest between a Leinster team who I want to see doing well btw or a mayo team that are decades waiting for Sam. Realistically we all feel sorry for mayo while Dublin won Sam in 2011...

Please don't presume 31 vs 1 county is true to be honest it's pathetic and if anything shows you as being insecure.

I am telling you I wasn't up for anyone in the final.. That's me stating facts to you stoner not you telling me how I feel etc!!

I stated a sympathetic post in mayo forum and a congratulatory one in Dublin forum..

I was at the game by the way and believe me I seen some **** leaving Croker and I'll not post about it for a few weeks as to not take the shine off your win but I will open a thread about the behaviour I seen after the game on Russell street where the GAA store is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The Celebrations have come to end sadly back to work

but

sam is home and its beautifuil knowing it, well deserved and bring on next year

I was at the game by the way and believe me I seen some **** leaving Croker and I'll not post about it for a few weeks as to not take the shine off your win but I will open a thread about the behaviour I seen after the game on Russell street where the GAA store is

Really ? ... jaysis DK do we need to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I hope Brennan can prove me wrong, and we're talking on Sunday night of the pacey, calmed composed Ger Brennan who kept his half-back line in shape against pace Mayo midfielders and forwards. I don't see it happening, and it wouldn't be any surprise to see the Kerry/Bastick shuffle happening early on again.

When Ger Brennan
    Goes up
    to kick a point in the All-Ireland
    We'll be there
    We'll be therrrrre!

Good man Ger! A great day to be a Dub. Showed great character to get the crucial scores when they needed them. Now the question is, "how good can this Dublin team be?" Kerry won four All-Irelands in the last decade; can Dublin reach that level?

Met a few Mayo fans afterwards and I have to say they all took the defeat in an extremely gracious manner. Very commendable behaviour altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you are only presuming what I think or feel which is silly.. Ask how I feel on the matter and ill answer honestly...

I was torn to be honest between a Leinster team who I want to see doing well btw or a mayo team that are decades waiting for Sam. Realistically we all feel sorry for mayo while Dublin won Sam in 2011...

Please don't presume 31 vs 1 county is true to be honest it's pathetic and if anything shows you as being insecure.

I am telling you I wasn't up for anyone in the final.. That's me stating facts to you stoner not you telling me how I feel etc!!

I stated a sympathetic post in mayo forum and a congratulatory one in Dublin forum..

I really honestly would love to see mayo lift Sam like ourselves that amount of years of waiting is heartbreaking to say the least..

Best of luck tomorrow enjoy the day

I read the above post in the mayo forum, this is the basis of my assumption, you posted the above, if you want to say now that you were torn between the two teams than so be it, I stand corrected

I said and I have always said that I understand why so many people wanted Mayo to win.

When Pat Spillane spoke about favoring Mayo on Sunday because of the shared rural upbringing I understood and respected. It's honest

You use words like pathetic, insecure, sickening and statements like "I'd love to see Mayo win" and people are going to form an option or react .

I don't need to ask you how you feel when you use such emotive language like love and sickening,.

For example DazMarz may have been inspired to respond to you when you said that you found some statements sickening, he like me posted some of your old posts up. there was nothing in it apart form a bit of banter and your own words quoted back, did you report his post, or rise above it.?

I've seen terrible behavior by fans from all over the country, I include your own and my fans in that statement. I have however on the balance seen vastly the good in GAA supporters.

I don't open posts above how good or bad fans are I don't see the point in doing one and not the other. I don't expect the fans I've seen to improve because I wrote about it on boards.ie, negative posts will produce negative responses, if you look for something you'll find it here on boards.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    I read the above post in the mayo forum, this is the basis of my assumption, you posted the above, if you want to say now that you were torn between the two teams than so be it, I stand corrected

I said and I have always said that I understand why so many people wanted Mayo to win.

When Pat Spillane spoke about favoring Mayo on Sunday because of the shared rural upbringing I understood and respected. It's honest

You use words like pathetic, insecure, sickening and statements like "I'd love to see Mayo win" and people are going to form an option or react .

I don't need to ask you how you feel when you use such emotive language like love and sickening,.

For example DazMarz may have been inspired to respond to you when you said that you found some statements sickening, he like me posted some of your old posts up. there was nothing in it apart form a bit of banter and your own words quoted back, did you report his post, or rise above it.?

I've seen terrible behavior by fans from all over the country, I include your own and my fans in that statement. I have however on the balance seen vastly the good in GAA supporters.

I don't open posts above how good or bad fans are I don't see the point in doing one and not the other. I don't expect the fans I've seen to improve because I wrote about it on boards.ie, negative posts will produce negative responses, if you look for something you'll find it here on boards.
    I would have loved to see mayo win for the fans because of the heartache they have had.

All my family are dubs...

Stop trying to make something out of nothing it's really annoying stoner to be honest

Advertisement