Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is that something you photoshopped yourself, or is it legit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looks photoshopped

I certainly hope so. Am loving the no red on it, but the logo is waaaaaaay too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Photoshopped. The pic is from the launch of the current jersey last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Heroin, coke sniffing scumbags? That's what us Dublin GAA supporters are if you read Kildare forums

Not at the same time tho :rolleyes: .....

This type of guff comes with the territory ... Dublin along with the northern counties have always divided opinion .. there's very little Dublin detractors can snipe at on the playing field at the moment, so they have to look elsewhere and I certainly wouldn't go hyper-sensitive on the whole thing .. one look at Res and you'll find we give as good as we get. Ta

Photoshopped. The pic is from the launch of the current jersey last year

Thought so. It's really annoying when people post stuff like that & don't say from the outset that they made it up themselves. :mad::mad::mad:

Colm Cooper announced as the Player Of The Month for September. WTF??? :mad::mad::mad:

Utter joke shop of a decision imo. He was great in one half of one game, but when Cian O'Sullivan was put on him, he was no where near as successful in the second half. And oh yeah, Kerry went on to lose the flippin' game. :rolleyes:

How on earth can they give it to Cooper, when the likes of Bernard Brogan scored 2-9 in two games that Dublin would not have won without him & who was the Man Of The Match in the All Ireland final? Or MDMA, who was so influential all year long, but whose amazing dive to lay the ball off to Kevin Mac in the semifinal was the winning of the game? Or Lee Keegan, who was so impressive in the Al final. I don't understand giving it to Cooper it, over all of them. I really don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Colm Cooper announced as the Player Of The Month for September. WTF??? :mad::mad::mad:

Utter joke shop of a decision imo. He was great in one half of one game, but when Cian O'Sullivan was put on him, he was no where near as successful and oh yeah, Kerry went on to lose the flippin' game. :rolleyes:

How on earth can they give it to Cooper, when the likes of Bernard Brogan scored 2-9 in two games that Dublin would not have won without him & oh yeah, the Man Of The Match in the All Ireland final? Or MDMA, who was so influential all year long, but whose amazing dive to lay the ball off to Kevin Mac in the semifinal was the winning of the game? I don't get it. I really don't.

I guess he deserved something, possibly making up for not even getting a nomination for POTY.

I didn't even know there was a player of the month, I'd have thought there was enough with all stars and POTY.

Yeah, its given out every month from May onwards apparently. No idea who awards it. Is it some committee in Croke Park, or journalists or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gooch is the golden child lads, they have to find something to give him each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

League fixtures (from res dubs forum)

Dublin NFL1 fixtures:

01/02/2014 Kerry - Croke Park
    09/02/2014 Westmeath - Cusack Park
    01/03/2014 Cork - Croke Park
    07/03/2014 Kildare - Croke Park (Friday night lights)
    16/03/2014 Derry - Celtic Park
    29/03/2014 Mayo - Croke Park
    06/04/2014 Tyrone - Healy Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lovely, looking forward to it already.

What's the Crack with Mayo being in CP this year, does it not rotate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Stoner wrote: »
    What's the Crack with Mayo being in CP this year, does it not rotate

I believe that every two years they jumble up the home/away pattern and start again.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sgarvan wrote: »
    I believe that every two years they jumble up the home/away pattern and start again.

Think this is correct, last year was second of a two year cycle? Otherwise some teams could be stuck with a tough set of away draws every second year forever.
    Same with cork game. On the other hand if Donegal were still there would would have had them away again.

Will mean a tougher set of games in 2015 though with Kerry, cork and Mayo away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Hurling fixtures done yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

corny wrote: »
    Hurling fixtures done yet?

Sure they can't even decide on a league format :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Congrats to Naomh Olaf on winning the Intermediate Football Championship, a great win for the barndwellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

Heroin, coke sniffing scumbags? That's what us Dublin GAA supporters are if you read Kildare forums

Having watched them play in the League against Dublin last year I thought they were on drugs,,,,, sleeping drugs. The day the Dubs start to worry about what the flour bags of Kildare have to say about us is the day we can pack it in. Let them stick to the Horses & Sheep and the "Bradys" ham, we'll play the football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

toffeeshel wrote: »
    League fixtures (from res dubs forum)

Dublin NFL1 fixtures:

01/02/2014 Kerry - Croke Park
    09/02/2014 Westmeath - Cusack Park
    01/03/2014 Cork - Croke Park
    07/03/2014 Kildare - Croke Park (Friday night lights)
    16/03/2014 Derry - Celtic Park
    29/03/2014 Mayo - Croke Park
    06/04/2014 Tyrone - Healy Park

When will these fixtures be finalised.

Congrats to Naomh Olaf on winning the Intermediate Football Championship, a great win for the barndwellers!

Congrats again to Olafs on their win yesterday against JohnstownBridge .. that's 4 wins in 12 days . QF, SF, Final and Leinster ... sure where would a lad get time for a drink ... saw them last year exit meekly to Pats Donabate in championship so well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Anyone know when the new season tickets are on sale ?

Cheers in advance

Cheers in advance

They are on sale now, go online, look at the season ticket thread

Cheers in advance

Cheers in advance

Edit
    Sorry I think it's just renewals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Stoner wrote: »

Edit
    Sorry I think it's just renewals

New season tickets not available until 4th of Nov., also the following was attached to the bottom of my renewal mail,
    Please note that for the 2013 Season, Dublin Football Season Tickets sold out. As a result, additional season ticket availability will be dependent upon renewal levels. If season tickets become available they will go on sale on November 4th.

New Tickets will only become available if everyone doesn't renew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just outta curiosity, whats the difference between Parnell Park ticket and season ticket?

Just outta curiosity, whats the difference between Parnell Park ticket and season ticket?

There's lots of differences between them ... a scan thru some of the threads here will give you the low down. But ultimately if Dublin are involved on the 3rd Sunday in Sept and you've a Parnell Pass youre guaranteed an AI ticket, Season Ticket is based on your attendance @ all league/champ games throughout the year and you must have at least a 60% attendance to qualify for an AI ticket. As I said the detail is in the small print .. but that's the summary

Parnell pass gets home league games and all the club games in Parnell Park also guaranteed AI ticket if your team make its.

Season tickets is all League games and first championship game. If you keep 60 percent attendance your will get an AI ticket in the stand

Both offer more than that again, but that's the main points I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Bit more info on GAA Season Ticket v Neller Pass,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84090201&postcount=93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Nice one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DomhnallOg

Parnell ticket is great value if you go to club matches and if the Dubs stay in champo. On the basis of what's coming through one would expect at least a quarter final every year.

It's only good value if you go to a lot of club games & the Dubs make the All Ireland final, not just the latter stages of the championship. If you don't go to club games and the Dubs get knocked out in the quarters or semis, you have essentially wasted the 140/180 that you have spent on a PP.

The final is the only game that you can't buy tickets for. Having a PP guarantees you being able to buy a ticket to it & that's great. However, tickets go on sale to the public for every other game. A member of the public (who doesn't have a Parnell Pass or a season ticket) can buy a ticket to any Dubs game that they want to go to, on tickets.ie, or at Croker itself on the day of the game. Even the big ones like semi finals against Kerry are open to everyone, as long as you don't leave it to the last minute to get your ticket. So your PP doesn't really have an advantage in terms of getting you into games that you otherwise couldn't go to, unless its the All Ireland final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Dont forget that the Parnell pass covers all league games in both codes. For it to be worthwhile in terms of attending club matches at what stage would this be i.e attending at least the club semi final stages and final. The hurling semis are over and the football is Monday night in the Nell

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DomhnallOg

Agree with billyhead and ProudDub. I've been in Parnell Pk and O'Toole park half a dozen times in last 4 weeks. I plan to go again on Sunday for football final and to Hurling final the following week. On that basis it's good deal. I'll get a few league matches in as well.
    At the very least I'd expect to break even.
    For a man with a GAA social life and a long-suffering wife it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

Just a little heads up that the O'Neills factory on the Long Mile road is selling off the current Dubs jersey for €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I heard that. I think they maybe selling off a lot of other Dublin clothing as well.

exador wrote: »
    I heard that. I think they maybe selling off a lot of other Dublin clothing as well.

I reckon everything Vodafone branded will be going on the cheap.

I was there today. Lots of great deals on Dubs stuff to be had. The sweatshirts & hoodies (with the Vodafone logo) that were normally 45 & 60 yoyos, are now down to 25 & 30. I didn't look at any jerseys. The stuff that doesn't have the Vodafone logo is still the same price. The matching jersey and short sets for babies and toddlers are down to 18 quid. They used to be about 40 quid. I don't mind paying that for a grown up gear that will last years, but I thought that was a mad price for such a tiny article of clothing that will be outgrown after a few months. I don't think that the two babies in my family will be offended that their Xmas pressies will have the old Vodafone logo on them. And if they do, that's too damm bad ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Lads how much is it for students for the Vins vs Ballymun game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Lads how much is it for students for the Vins vs Ballymun game?

Should be a 5er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Should be a 5er
    Thanks! I ask them at the gate to make sure.

Super game yesterday, plenty of big lads on the finishing Vincent's tram. Connolly was very influential in the second half, thought Hubbard was very good for Ballymun and the man of the match was between these too.

Eamon Fennel made a difference after he came on and dropped back to midfield.

I think Ballymun might shade the replay on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Little sister went in and was charged 13 euro going in yesterday! Only 14

That cant be right can it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

but1er wrote: »
    Little sister went in and was charged 13 euro going in yesterday! Only 14

That cant be right can it??

No. U16's are free. Stand was €15 and Terrace was €13

Looks like the Dublin season tickets are completely sold out.

Thought admittance prices were fairly steep for this years Championship (yesterday excluded as it was a final in fairness.) Paid €8 to watch IFC a few weeks back

El Viz wrote: »
    Looks like the Dublin season tickets are completely sold out.

There were Hill 16 season tickets available this morning- might still be on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

toffeeshel wrote: »
    There were Hill 16 season tickets available this morning- might still be on sale

Still available but €165 each. Not sure what the deal with the price is if stand season tickets only cost €85.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Still available but €165 each. Not sure what the deal with the price is if stand season tickets only cost €85.

You get into all Dublin club games hurling and football 2014. If you are planning on going to the away league games get the season ticket, if you go to hurling and football home games the Parnell pass might suit better. The Parnell pass also entitles you to a hurling final ticket should the dubs get there.

Advertisement