Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't see the riches in that forward line at all, I like the new blood coming into the back line, and the way they are mixed up. I only saw two bk games and to be honest I saw very little evidence of anything fresh, that we didn't know about already for the senior team.
    Dublin still struggled against Tyrone when Brogan was missing, the riches did not produce the goods.
    I have missed the presence of O'Gara at 14, not everyones favourite player but he can change the dynamic of a game and I wished he was available against Tyrone.
    Galvin has played over 40 guys do far, so I can't see why some new bk can't get a run before the championship. There is a spot for a different no 14 on that team, a game changer.

I agree. As much as everyone loves to hate O'Gara he brings something different to the table and makes backlines panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm a big fan of O'Gara too. I think that he brings a big, brash physicality to the forward line that we don't always have there. I'd love to see him come back, and and have a role to play in the summer. I can see him slotting back in where he left off, as he has been playing with both of the Brogans, DC, Kevin Mc, Bryan Cullen, Paul Flynn, MDMA etc etc for years. Furman hasn't. That was my point.

I love introducing new players into the mix. It has worked out very well for us this year. I'm just not sure that now, with only two games left, is the time to be doing it. If Gavin decides to give him a shot, you won't hear a peep out of me, but I think that it may be too late for the likes of TF to make an impression. There are just too many players (BB, Alan, CK, DC, Flynn) in the queue ahead of him already. All of whom are better players than TF, have a proven track record, and probably have a starting spot already nailed down, if fit. And if they are not fit, there are loads other players with proven track records (Cullen, O'Gara, Kevin Mc, even Rock to a certain extent etc etc) waiting on the bench to jump in when needed.

I have nothing against TF, I just think it is too late for him to get with the program that Gavin is trying to set in place, and make an impression. But I'll happily eat my words, if he scores the winning goal for us in the IA final in September. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Thurles is an hour and a half away. What a load of nonsense.

I suppose you wanted it played in Parnell or Croker ??? :rolleyes:

Well you suppose wrong then don't you?:rolleyes: Did you fail to grasp the bit in my post where I said I don't have a problem with it being in Thurles?
    My problem with the fixture is the throw in time. I haven't been able to make it down because of this and I know other people who bring their young kids to games who haven't travelled for the same reason.
    Next time you're gonna respond to a post try and actually read the post and understand what you're responding to
    ps
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Great win for the hurlers. Could've gone either way but delighted with the win. We need to be testing ourselves against the best teams in the country in the league. Well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Heart breaking for Limerick, Breen was as not as effective for limerick today. As you said could have gone either way there were some lovely scores in the game, the goals cancelled eachother out.
    A win is a win, possibly due the close calls last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Delighted to get that win, massive result to get straight back to division 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

team for tomorrow

Dublin team v Donegal: Stephen Cluxton; Kevin O’Brien, Phil McMahon, Darren Daly; Jack McCaffrey, Ger Brennan, Nicky Devereux; Michael Dara Macauley, Cian O’Sullivan; Paul Flynn, Tomas Brady, Bryan Cullen; Kevin McManamon, Paddy Andrews, Paul Mannion.

Flynn back but once again no sign of brogan most likely will be back in for semi hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Great second half performance by Dublin hurlers tonight. Liam Rushe is a beast. Great performance by him. Substitutions made the difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Great performance by rushe alright, well deserved man of the match. He has played every changing positions for the hurlers in last few years and always puts in a performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Poor game of hurling truth be told but a wins a win. Limerick really should have put daylight between them in the first half. Anyway great to be back in div1 and get a shot at Tipp. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Nice look to the team for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

anyone know why the Dublin wouldn't be on the telly?
    doesn't mention any stations on the gaa website, and can only find the kerry and kildare match on tg4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Trampas

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    doesn't mention any stations on the gaa website, and can only find the kerry and kildare match on tg4

cause kerry game has more an effect on standings in league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

Because there's only one game shown live in the league on a Sunday, all games are fixed for the same time and Kerry Tyrone is the most attractive of the games today.

Hard fought draw away to Donegal whose future in division depended on it. Saved Kerry from relegation too, I'm sure they'll appreciate that!

So Mayo in the semi-final. Tyrone and Kildare in other one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Paul Mannion to be made an honorary citizen and given the freedom of Kerry! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

copacetic wrote: »
    Hard fought draw away to Donegal whose future in division depended on it. Saved Kerry from relegation too, I'm sure they'll appreciate that!

So Mayo in the semi-final. Tyrone and Kildare in other one.

it was nice that we got the draw without the full compliment of championship starters,also maintaining the fact that Jim McGuinness has yet to manage a Donegal team that ever beat Dublin at under 21 and senior level.I think the draw will be a big boost for next week as Ballybofey is a treacherous place to get a result.

On next weeks game, I think we have a great chance.Mayo are not starting games very well and even in last years AI semi final, we had enough possession in the first 15 minutes to ounish them further.With Brogan and co. and the ever present threat of Jack McCaffrey roaming forward, we may have the fire power to put them under more serious pressure.Mannion is also impressing me and will be hard to drop.

Also delighted that Kerry are staying up.Don't think Division 1 would have been the same without them and I am hoping for another weekend away down in Killarney in next years league. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Delighted with promotion in the hurling.

2 semi finals to look forward to. Both codes going superbly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Have to say I'm seriously excited about this Dublin team for the Championship this year.

The young lads that have come in are playing like seasoned pros. We have the best panel of players in the country by a long way. We're one of the fittest and strongest teams out there too.

If we can keep our discipline namely Brennan and Connolly, take our chances and keep the concentration levels high for 70 minutes it's going to take an awful lot to stop us.

That's my first post in here, thought I'd to try to be positive :-)

Cracking day out in Ballybofey. It was fun to be in the stands as the match wound down, watching all the non Dubs scramble for their phones and headsets to figure out how the land lay. Probably the first time in a long time, that Donegal folk were rooting on a Tyrone team to win. :D

Paul Mannion is some find. Fair play to him for coming on as well as he has, especially as he missed several games after his noggin was unfortunate enough to come into contact with the hardest substance known to man (Paul Flynn's hip) in the opening game of the league.

Blackbelt, we have Kerry at home next year. (I know, I'll miss the trip to Kilarney too. :( ) Our road trips next year should be to Cork, Mayo, Tyrone and either Westmeath or Derry.

yes it was a good day, to be honest it was looking like i was not going to make it, but I'm very happy that we made the trip. I think cooper played very well again today, even on Murphy, I could not believe it when he hammered into him and stopped him in his tracks, I know it wont happen every day but it was good to see that side of his game, he has to start in the championship.

Donegal should have been about 8 points up at half time, I didn't understand the Dublin subs to be honest MDMC, Brennan, Connelly were playing reasonably well. I thought making those subs was an attempt to throw the game away. I thought Cullen coming on for Brady was an improvement but the others took from the team, but the remaining lads knuckled down and with little contribution from the subs got something from the game.

I dont buy Jim McGuinness dismissing the league, I know that he is always positive and wont have any negativity in the camp, but this will hurt Donegal next year IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I was at the game this afternoon, and supporting Donegal. It did not work out for us in the second half, and honestly and truly the game should have been over after 25 minutes. We shot some of the worst wides I can remember this team ever shooting, and if u dont take the chances, then it is eventually going to haunt you. Thought the dublin mid field was most impressive in the second half. Thought that it was a fairly open match, and I wish the first ref a speedy recovery whatever happened him this afternoon.

As for the 2nd division,, it is not where u want to be at, but at the same time, it would have been a lot worse had this been the championship and we were out. I think that winning back to back all irelands is a bit of a myth, almost impossible in the modern game. I also think that Dublin could give it a serious rattle this year, if they stay on the right side of injury. Finally, I think that there is a lot of strange chat about mcguinness not taking his beating or looking for excuses, I dont think he let himself down, he didnt blame anyone else just said that things didnt go our way. Its hard to lose well it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have to say I'm seriously excited about this Dublin team for the Championship this year.

The young lads that have come in are playing like seasoned pros. We have the best panel of players in the country by a long way. We're one of the fittest and strongest teams out there too.

If we can keep our discipline namely Brennan and Connolly, take our chances and keep the concentration levels high for 70 minutes it's going to take an awful lot to stop us.

That's my first post in here, thought I'd to try to be positive :-)

while fitness levels may be different around the country now, I'm not so sure it makes that much of a difference come the latter stages of the championship. In the league certain teams may put more emphasis on conditioning and fitness to get an early jump on the rest. However with all the diet/conditioning/fitness coaches involved nowadays I think that amongst the elite teams, the playing field levels out.
    Rory Gallagher made the above point last summer when some were arguing that Donegal were miles ahead of everyone fitness-wise
    (or maybe he was playing down their superior levels of fitness :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

yes it was a good day, to be honest it was looking like i was not going to make it, but I'm very happy that we made the trip. I think cooper played very well again today, even on Murphy, I could not believe it when he hammered into him and stopped him in his tracks, I know it wont happen every day but it was good to see that side of his game, he has to start in the championship.

Donegal should have been about 8 points up at half time, I didn't understand the Dublin subs to be honest MDMC, Brennan, Connelly were playing reasonably well. I thought making those subs was an attempt to throw the game away. I thought Cullen coming on for Brady was an improvement but the others took from the team, but the remaining lads knuckled down and with little contribution from the subs got something from the game.

I dont buy Jim McGuinness dismissing the league, I know that he is always positive and wont have any negativity in the camp, but this will hurt Donegal next year IMHO.

What match were you watching? Both Brennan andMDMA had shocking games. Brennan turned over the ball continuously and was atcause for a few of their points. Mick couldn’t catch a ball all day. Infact westruggling at times to pass the ball.

Plus points from the game- Unbeaten again withoutthe Brogans and a few others starting. Cullen changed the game when he came on.Mannion is a super find.

Negatives Brennan had a shocker. Brady is notchampionship material. Connolly still a liability. My biggest worry was again we started the game very slowly. Like the Tyrone game if they had their shooting boots on it could have been quiet worrying if they had ticked over a few scores from play. Half back line was a worry.

Come championship i hope he drops brennan and plays Cian #6 with Nolan and Jack either side.

Another plus is we have plenty of choices there with that squad. Roll on the summer

I wasnt at the game myself but my Father was. When speaking to him last night about the game, the first thing he said was 'that Brennan fella will cost us matches'.
    Never rated him myself, i think he's a liability. Too much of a hot head.

I wasnt at the game myself but my Father was. When speaking to him last night about the game, the first thing he said was 'that Brennan fella will cost us matches'.
    Never rated him myself, i think he's a liability. Too much of a hot head.

A liability? He should have had an All Star in 2011.

He's an excellent defender who is without question one of the best distributors in the backs we have.

As regards discipline? He's had his problems and i'm sure the Mayo game is fresh in peoples minds with the criticism but overall he's largely curbed that side of his game.

He faces huge competition in the half backs and shouldn't be guaranteed of his place but its absolute nonsense to dismiss him on the basis of league one game.

corny wrote: »
    A liability? He should have had an All Star in 2011.

He's an excellent defender who is without question one of the best distributors in the backs we have.

As regards discipline? He's had his problems and i'm sure the Mayo game is fresh in peoples minds with the criticism but overall he's largely curbed that side of his game.

He faces huge competition in the half backs and shouldn't be guaranteed of his place but its absolute nonsense to dismiss him on the basis of league one game.

He was sent off in a Leinster final if i remember correctly,put his hands in an opponents face(when we had a free in the dying moments of the AI Final) nearly costing us the AI final.
    Its just my personal opinion that i just dont rate him. Dont think he has the pace required for a half back. Looking at Cian/Jack/and now Kevin Nolan that would be my 3 starters in the championship.

He was sent off in a Leinster final if i remember correctly,put his hands in an opponents face(when we had a free in the dying moments of the AI Final) nearly costing us the AI final.
    Its just my personal opinion that i just don't rate him. Don't think he has the pace required for a half back. Looking at Cian/Jack/and now Kevin Nolan that would be my 3 starters in the championship.

First, Corny and I have had a few spats about Brennan and how I think he could cost us games, I think that he has improved areas of his game, I still question his pace, but he carries the ball into the tackle less than he did in the past, he does move the ball around well and there is plenty of pace elsewhere in the Dublin back line and his physicality is a plus sometimes. Not every forward Dublin will come against in the championship will be fast. I think that in many ways the argument about his ability to carry, move and distribute the ball around and the argument that he carries the ball into the tackle come from the same issue.

This Dublin back line seems to be quite smart, when someone fast needs to pick up a fast forward they do, note Cooper against Down and the interchanging yesterday, I think that they are better suited to compensate for a lack of pace form another defender if he in turn brings something to the game that they cant, and I do think that Brennan has tools that other players on the team don't. Overall though I still remain nervous that he will be sent off in a big game, and the more players that come into the panel the more likely the management team will try to mitigate that risk.

To answer your question, I was talking about the game yesterday between Dublin and Donegal:)
    I still think that overall was Brennan doing well and MDMC was having a reasonable display, the general opinion at the game was that Dublin had the upper hand in midfield in the second half yesterday and as MDMC was playing there he contributed to that IMHO.
    It seems that O'Sullivan is being seriously considered at midfield and not in the half backs, he did grow into the position as the game went on yesterday, but I'm unconvinced about him as a number 8 or 9 but he displays there are getting better not worse.
    I second your opinion on Brady, but the management team must see something in him, he has certainly been given an opportunity in various positions in the league, maybe it will take time for him to adjust.

so what does everyone think will be this weeks team, with articles saying o caroll and kilkenny both hoping to be back for the semis or final and bernard brogan set to be back in shape will the 3 return or could gavin rest them till the championship

God no, don't rest Bernard. He hasn't played in over a month now. Give him some game time to make sure his shooting touch is still there come June. He is on record himself saying that the more game time he gets under his belt, the better he plays. Doubt if we will see CK again before the Champo. He tweeted a pic of himself climbing Howth Head over Easter, and he was still on crutches. Think the original prognosis was for him to be out at least 6 weeks.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    God no, don't rest Bernard. He hasn't played in over a month now. Give him some game time to make sure his shooting touch is still there come June. He is on record himself saying that the more game time he gets under his belt, the better he plays. Doubt if we will see CK again before the Champo. He tweeted a pic of himself climbing Howth Head over Easter, and he was still on crutches. Think the original prognosis was for him to be out at least 6 weeks.

i agree i would love to see him back just worried its not gonna happen, theres various storys going out last weeks ago o gara and a brogan where due back for the start of the champo and making fast progress then two days later the sun said there no where near ready to return

its hard to know which is which hopefully gavin will say soon

• Advertisement

I'd like to see him play too, would like to have the best team available playing now, even to get the extra competitive game in this year, this Dublin team is good to watch. They were competitive in 2010 in the league but that brand of football was at times hard to watch, there have been some good games this year, I'd like to see as much of it as possible, Sundays game had a bit of an edge to it after the ref change over, dismiss the league if you must but for most of the teams left in it there is something to win now, Kildare and Mayo could do with it too. Kildare need something for all their work, as do Mayo even if some of the lads over on that forum don't seem to rate it, it would be good for Dublin too. So three out of the four could do with it.

Personally I don't care about the league itself, but the extra game to be gotten from winning the semi would be useful.

I'd agree it's time to give Bernard a run again if fit, he spent all last year trying to play his way back into form and never quite managed it. Let him get going again.

Apart from that I'd really like to see a settled performing midfield.

good point actually, what do you guys think has been the best midfield combination played so far by Galvin. What's peoples opinion on Craig Dunleavy? I'm not sure about O'Sullivan at midfield. I could see Bastick being on the bench in the championship, coming on, doing well and staying in the team, but I'm possibly just being optimistic. I thought that Declan O'Mahony had some good and bad moments when he played, overall its does not look promising and it appears to me from the managements perspective that a starting position at midfield is O'Sullivans to loose now, I do think he is growing into the position though, but I don't know how far that will go.

Dublinfan wrote: »
    i agree i would love to see him back just worried its not gonna happen, theres various storys going out last weeks ago o gara and a brogan where due back for the start of the champo and making fast progress then two days later the sun said there no where near ready to return

its hard to know which is which hopefully gavin will say soon

The Champo doesn't start for another 2 months. AB & EOG only returned to full training a few weeks ago. No one has a crystal ball. No one, not Jim Gavin, not the media, not even the players themselves know whether or not they be ready to play in games in June. We all hope that they will & the signs so far are looking good, but I don't think that anyone knows for sure what will or will not happen come June. I'm certainly not expecting Jim Gavin to come up with any guarantees about their fitness between now and then. The media know that Dubs fans are waiting with baited breath for the first sign of AB's return. They will string us along in order to sell their newspapers. I'm not buying any of it until I actually see AB take to the pitch again with my own two eyes.

First, Corny and I have had a few spats about Brennan and how I think he could cost us games, I think that he has improved areas of his game, I still question his pace, but he carries the ball into the tackle less than he did in the past, he does move the ball around well and there is plenty of pace elsewhere in the Dublin back line and his physicality is a plus sometimes. Not every forward Dublin will come against in the championship will be fast. I think that in many ways the argument about his ability to carry, move and distribute the ball around and the argument that he carries the ball into the tackle come from the same issue.

This Dublin back line seems to be quite smart, when someone fast needs to pick up a fast forward they do, note Cooper against Down and the interchanging yesterday, I think that they are better suited to compensate for a lack of pace form another defender if he in turn brings something to the game that they cant, and I do think that Brennan has tools that other players on the team don't. Overall though I still remain nervous that he will be sent off in a big game, and the more players that come into the panel the more likely the management team will try to mitigate that risk.

Disagreements not spats;)

Can you mention a game where Brennan's supposed lack of pace was exposed by an attacker?

I think you're argument might make intuitive sense but it's a non issue because he doesn't get exposed by attackers. Take Cullen for example. Quicker and more athletic in the day but he was an average centre back. Historically Brennan stops runners through the middle, reads the game well and does an excellent job one on one. I also remember checking up (think it was 2011 season) and he touched the ball more often than any other player and had the highest pass success rate. Lots of this criticism is unfounded or overstated imo.

Having said all that i do agree he faces a tough task to nail a place. Gavin is a different man and seems to require more of his half backs moving up the field and others (Daly, Copper, Nolan, McCaffrey, McCarthy, O' Sullivan) might be better at that. Some are far better at that and Brennan has to prove he can adapt to Gavin's way.

I accept your point regarding his discipline too. Management can afford to be picky but i don't agree that makes him a 'liability' as some have said. Its like, player has an edge so ignore everything else and call him a liability. Its rubbish. Tomas O' Shea is not a liability for example.

On the midfield? Cian O' Sullivan has been excellent so far. Not flashy but brutally efficient in every aspect of play. Second name on the team sheet for me! MDM takes a lot of work to get fit and will come into his own later in the summer. Bastick cleaned Kildare out if memory serves. Only thing i don't want to see is MDM playing 11 again.

So.. who bit McBrearty ??

no idea, just read the claim there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

So.. who bit McBrearty ??

Good to have Philly back!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/brogan-boost-for-dublin-29182746.html

Looks like we will have brogan back for sunday and kilkenny ogara and ocarrol all possibly back if we make final

Great news,although im really wondering if alan will be back in june or later

• Advertisement

Dublinfan wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/brogan-boost-for-dublin-29182746.html

Looks like we will have brogan back for sunday and kilkenny ogara and ocarrol all possibly back if we make final

Great news,although im really wondering if alan will be back in june or later

I'd rather have BB firing on all fronts tbh. He was unplayable in the first few league games. Hopefully wont be to rusty on his return. Would love to see him get some game time v Mayo Sunday.

Good to have Philly back!

Dont think thats true.

I'd rather have BB firing on all fronts tbh. He was unplayable in the first few league games. Hopefully wont be to rusty on his return. Would love to see him get some game time v Mayo Sunday.

I Doubt he will be, he was on top form for both club and county up to the kildare match and he has been in training the past 2 weeks i can see him coming roaring back

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Dont think thats true.

He took a chunk outta Paul Kerrigan in the 2010 AI semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It's sorta intrigued me that "if" AB isn't back to play any large part in the rest of the year, whether in fact DC is the man to fulfill the playmaker role. I think undoubtedly he's 1 of the best footballers on the team, tho I have reservations whether he's an out and out full forward in the white heat of the later rounds of the championship. He has a great engine, covers 45 to 45, and has that perception that real quality players need. It would also on current form anyways allow a full forward line of Paddy A, BB and Paul Mannion ...Mmmmm

DoctaDee wrote: »
    It's sorta intrigued me that "if" AB isn't back to play any large part in the rest of the year, whether in fact DC is the man to fulfill the playmaker role. I think undoubtedly he's 1 of the best footballers on the team, tho I have reservations whether he's an out and out full forward in the white heat of the later rounds of the championship. He has a great engine, covers 45 to 45, and has that perception that real quality players need. It would also on current form anyways allow a full forward line of Paddy A, BB and Paul Mannion ...Mmmmm

its hard to know theres so many good players this year and so little places for a settled team, while i likd kevin mcmenamon i think after the league he could go back as the main sub and unsure if kilkelly will get alot of play in the championship

• Advertisement

He took a chunk outta Paul Kerrigan in the 2010 AI semi final.

And this is 2013 ;)

Its a great problem to have. DC, CK, BB, PA, KMcM, PM and hopefully AB and EOG to come back into the fold - f*ck me pink, we have some serious attacking talent at our disposal.

Its a great problem to have. DC, CK, BB, PA, KMcM, PM and hopefully AB and EOG to come back into the fold - f*ck me pink, we have some serious attacking talent at our disposal.

exactly its hard to decide though which are the best, the younger lads are really putting there mark on this team this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I suppose in the modern day, even the best attackers must be able to defend - probably to that end Flynner, plus probably Bryan Cullen will be required to add a bit of steele in the forward line - and as I said previously I think Connolly can also play that role

I suppose in the modern day, even the best attackers must be able to defend - probably to that end Flynner, plus probably Bryan Cullen will be required to add a bit of steele in the forward line - and as I said previously I think Connolly can also play that role

Any word in that ehhh 'predicament' DC found himself in?

Any chance of him going on a long holiday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement