Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Money to Australian bank a/c

Options
  • 30-01-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm heading over to Perth in a few weeks time on a whv and i'm just wondering what are all the options available to me for transferring money (about 15k) from my Irish bank account to my oz one. I've registered with currency fair but not really sure of the ins and outs and whether its safe etc yet. Ideally I would like to go straight through my bank but i've heard its expensive. Any ideas or advice on the I options I have?

p.s. sorry if this has been asked 100's of times :) links relative to this would be fine :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

A lot of posters here, including myself, use currencyfair and I have yet to hear any bad reports. In the 2 years that I have been using it, I have found it simple, fast and reliable and always cheaper than the online banking option.

Have a read of the faqs on top of forum or search the forum for "currencyfair" there are probably a dozen threads lying around on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭kdevitt

CurrencyFair is regulated by the Irish Central Bank. They're effectively every bit as safe as your local bricks and mortal bank - actually they're probably safer given the way Irish banks have been lately. They're regulated by ASIC in Australia, which is the exact same body who reglate the bank I work for - they have pretty stringent standards in place.

The intermediary bank they use for transfers is Bank of America here - your money will be safe, and on a $15k transfer you'll save over $500 over a standard FX and transfer through your normal bank. You're probably looking at a 2 day turnaround period for the transfer using CF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Closing this thread, if you read the sticky (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056170937) you'll find a link to a good thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76408971) please ask there if you get confused.

As mentioned it is safe, regulated and cheap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement