Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 flagship first picture

• 30-01-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

318301_482750215095750_1716134770_n.jpg

Is it me or is it a bit bland.... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

69246540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

Looks nice to me, however not as big as I was hoping for, the wheels are single axle truck wheels from the 8285 set, tbh I was really hoping they were gonna make a monster crane using unimog wheel size..maybe thats unrealistic but I would pay for a Technic set on that scale at the drop of hat.

What I will most likely do is look at it and maybe try upscale it in size using more powerful motors and unimog wheels. The crane part however does look like it extends into the 4ft range, pity instead of a proper metal crane hook we have to endure another crappy plastic one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

I want that! It's a tad bland compared to some other stuff, but it reminds me of my LC Engineering Project form 5 years ago.(Attached)

Not sure its worth the rumored £150 price tag..maybe what 180+ euro with only 1 motor and a battery box.

Derek93 wrote: »
    Not sure its worth the rumored £150 price tag..maybe what 180+ euro with only 1 motor and a battery box.

it is said to be 250$, so if it will come here for 250eu, then they can keep it...

I wonder if it will be like 8070 motor setup. where it is constantly spinning and grinds clutch gear... or it has buttons?

• Advertisement

Rumor has it that it use's a servo motor from the crawler to perform all the functions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Does it only have 2 wheel steering I wonder? It looks a little bland but so does 8421 depending on the angle...

5418594632_d3a3280c4b.jpg

8421 is a nice set but very over hyped imo, yeah its cool looking and the crane is chunky and ofc power and phuematics but still not worth the price people attribute to it. The new one certainly looks better than 8421 and 8053.

Service truck makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HORNY!!!!

Monster truck - meh, ill drop it in with one of the orders someday i guess.

Crane... MEH! i was afraid they will do same shiet as with super car, and they did.... might as well be manual so!

Service truck looks very very nice, i'll take 2 please.

Monster truck am disapointed, was hoping the wheels would be power puller size wheels.

Crane will still buy but only to make it bigger using unimog wheels as a baseline for size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

So the crane has 1 L motor for all the functions, which ofc is a nice touch and rumored 2600 parts again nice but e200+ price tag seems nasty imo.

The recovery truck has 1 M motor and phuematics but looks like its only 12 studs wide making it smaller than the Flatbed truck :(

It would be nice if TLG would stick to some type of scale with trucks.

Advertisement