Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which bus to ucd from city centre

Options
  • 30-01-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi, I'm starting in UCD on Monday, went in today to register, etc. From the country, first bus from here to Dublin is at 7am, got into Trinity at 8.10, waited for 39A til 8.30, wasn't into UCD til 9am, then had to get to the sports centre - classes start at 9am, so there is no way I'm gonna make it in for that if thats the norm for the 39A. Is there any other bus I could get from city centre out? Dublin bus, private, anything considered! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

plenty of buses will leave you on the flyover, not sure about ones that actually go in.

I know the 46a, 145 and 84x all stop on the flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

The 46a and 145 can be caught just around the corner from Trinity on Nassau Street or from D'Olier Street. Both are more frequent that the 39a and would take about 30 or so mins to get out to UCD from there. They will drop you at the flyover and there is a short walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

Ah thank you so much guys! I just can't figure out the Dublin Bus website. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Zil2011 wrote: »
    Ah thank you so much guys! I just can't figure out the Dublin Bus website. Thanks again!

Its pure muck to be honest. Not much better but this is good:

http://transportforireland.ie

And if you have an iPhone this gives you live times (Same as the message boards at the stops)

http://dublinbuslive.com

As said 39A, 145, 46A and the 84X will all drop you to UCD. Note the 84X doesn't run outbound to UCD in the morning, it only runs outbound in the evening after 4pm. Its also an express bus and more expensive. So it won't be much use to you however it is the fastest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Maldesu wrote: »
    The 46a and 145 can be caught just around the corner from Trinity on Nassau Street or from D'Olier Street. Both are more frequent that the 39a and would take about 30 or so mins to get out to UCD from there. They will drop you at the flyover and there is a short walk from there.

you'd be fairly unlucky for it to take that amount of time.

either side of rushhour it takes 30 min to deansgrange, and it takes 45/50 during rushhour.
    Your talking 20 min max to UCD from Nassau Street or nearby. So long as they don't stop at doneybrook church for an age to change driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

This website is quite helpful too: http://www.hittheroad.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

alexlyons wrote: »
    Your talking 20 min max to UCD from Nassau Street or nearby. So long as they don't stop at doneybrook church for an age to change driver

I was taking all into consideration :D and sometimes you just get odd things that happen on route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Quite alot of the Xpresso services go right into UCD in the morning. And there's loads of them passing through Nassau St at that time of the morning. Just check with the driver to make sure it is actually going to UCD as the odd one terminates elsewhere.

They are the best buses to get as most people are waiting for the bust 39A, 145 and 46A.
    They are slightly more expensive on a cash fare, but a travel 90 tickets are valid on them - which makes it cheaper.

Buses changing drivers shouldn't be a problem at that hour of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

Thanks a million, I'll be trying them all out to see which one works best for me with the time my other bus gets me from here to the city. Thanks everyone!

Advertisement