Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Pc for my 18th

Options
  • 30-01-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Well lads!, Im turning 18 in April and im hoping build a custom pc of my own. My brother will be assembling it(Hes a electronic engineer). Could yous please recommend some components for me such as processors, graphics cards etc..

I will use the pc to play games such as Far Cry 3, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout Series
    on hopefully a high setting!

My budget will be around 500-600!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can you answer the question from the first post here just so we know what you need monitor, OS wise etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

1. What is your budget? €500-€600

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Internet,To play games such as Far Cry 3, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout Series.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I need a Keyboard,Mouse,Speakers

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? credit Card/Laser

9. When are you purchasing? In 100 days

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

3 months is a long time in terms of buying hardware. Prices are going to fluctuate and new things are going to be released in the time being. If you come back and ask much closer to buying, you'll get better advice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Also, you skipped questions. They're there for a reason. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

Serephucus wrote: »
    Also, you skipped questions. They're there for a reason. ;)

I skipped 1 question by accident :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Conchor wrote: »
    I skipped 1 question by accident :cool:

Shame, shaaaame! :P

Advertisement