Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusal of payment

Options
  • 30-01-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. A post came up on Facebook the other day where a lady tried to pay her credit card in BOI and cash was refused by the bank apparently it had to be paid into a machine! I heard on joe Duffy a while back that if a cash payment is refused the loan, bill etc is void as cash is legal tender. How true is this?
    Just wondering ; )
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Did they refuse it or essentially say "it has to be paid over there"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Doesn't sound like they refused cash in settlement of the debt, rather they just refused to accept the transaction at a manned cashier desk (probably none open due to cost savings like here) and asked the customer to settle her credit card bill at an lodgement machine which presumably accepts cash.

As for voiding the bill I doubt it would be so easy but I'm willing to be surprised :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

In order to use the machine you need a swipe card. I know the services in the Banks is just a disaster now. They are still able to deduct the FEES.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

Did they refuse it or essentially say "it has to be paid over there"?

Apparently according to the post the persons bill was €500.55 and the machine didn't take coins so the person was told to go get €505 as they didn't have enough and the cashier refused the payment.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Boi have been refusing to take cc payments at cashier desks for some time now. I think its a terrible policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum as this is more to do with banking reforms

dudara

Advertisement