Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba 40" Full HD LCD €324.99!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

not on SAORVIEW approved list????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

btb wrote: »
    not on SAORVIEW approved list????

Neither is my Lidl/Silvercrest or my Techwood...but guess what??

I get Saorview on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

This tv will NOT get Saorview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

Reserved one in Swords just in case but then had a scan at reviews on Amazon and it doesn't seem to rate incredibly well with a fair few problems. If anyone wants my code just PM me it's until tomorrow evening.

jonnygee wrote: »
    This tv will NOT get Saorview.

You know this for a fact then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddy147 wrote: »
    You know this for a fact then??

It is not Freeview HD so will not pick up the Saorview signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

This one shows up as one of the Alternatives on that page:

Samsung 40", Saorview Approved, €355

CR 7 wrote: »
    This one shows up as one of the Alternatives on that page:

Samsung 40", Saorview Approved, €355

Far better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why do people always act like a non-Saorview TV isn't worth buying? Surely the majority of people use a box anyway? We've 3 saorview TV's in the house and none are actually used for it....same in most other peoples houses I know. I'm not saying there aren't people who use it of course, but generally I would have thought the type of people buying 40" TVs are not doing so just to watch the saorview channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

No stock of the samsung though... :mad:

• Advertisement

But my old 32 inch LG (Tesco clearence-249 euro),my 19 inch Silvercrest (Lidl clearence-70 euro) and my 16 inch Techwood (Harvey Normans-70 euro) TVs all directly pick up Saorview with just an ariel with no problems at all.

MPEG 4 will get you Saorview

But my old 32 inch LG (Tesco clearence-249 euro),my 19 inch Silvercrest (Lidl clearence-70 euro) and my 16 inch Techwood (Harvey Normans-70 euro) TVs all directly pick up Saorview with just an ariel with no problems at all.

MPEG 4 will get you Saorview

And MPEG 2 wont. And thats what the Toshie has;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Why do people always act like a non-Saorview TV isn't worth buying? Surely the majority of people use a box anyway? We've 3 saorview TV's in the house and none are actually used for it....same in most other peoples houses I know. I'm not saying there aren't people who use it of course, but generally I would have thought the type of people buying 40" TVs are not doing so just to watch the saorview channels.

Not that I watch saorview myself but if you're going to buy a tv you might as well get one with a hd tuner if they're a similar price:

Number of households in ireland ~ 1.65 million
    Sky subscribers ~ .65 millon
    UPC subscribers ~ .4 million
    Magnet etc. ~ .1 max?

Leaving .5 million household.

Then you take into account secondary tv only a fraction of people have multiroom.

Regarding it not being freeview hd - freeview hd is over DVB-T2, saorview is over DVB-T some of those toshiba tellys do support mpeg4 hd over dvb-t but good luck finding a manual as its a rebadged vestel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

I rekon that Toshiba will give you Saorview.

Of couse it will. In fact all tvs will give you Saorview - when you hook a Saorview box up to it.;)

But a HD tv with a Freeview tuner will not give you Saorview on its own. You will get sound but no picture.

Of couse it will. In fact all tvs will give you Saorview - when you hook a Saorview box up to it.;)

But a HD tv with a Freeview tuner will not give you Saorview on its own. You will get sound but no picture.

Fair enough so.

This whole Saorview is a load on shyte though.

8 useless chanels isnt exaclty great in this day and age.

If anything,I think its a bit of a con,to dupe people out of more money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

That's not a hard and fast rule. The Saorview site lists numerous LG's, Panny's and Samsung which are standard DVB-T Freeview only, my LG LK450 among them.

Advertisement