If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something neat...

Options
  • 30-01-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭

Hi

just wondering if there is something small and neat to boost my tv sound.

Something along the lines of a sound bar / box but not quite as tall.

Maybe a box type thing that the tv can sit on ..if ya know what i mean

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

just wondering if there is something small and neat to boost my tv sound.

Something along the lines of a sound bar / box but not quite as tall.

Maybe a box type thing that the tv can sit on ..if ya know what i mean

Cheers
    DT,

you almost invented a new product category except...

Someone beat you to it..

There is a unit called the Tibo PP100 at just £49.95 which does exactly what you are looking for:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/tibo/pp100/tibo-pp100

showimage.php?image=308682.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260
    The picture doesn't really explain it but the TV sits on top of it and it contains a sub and stereo speakers and gives a decent boost to most slimline TV's

tibo-pp100.jpg&gallery=true&max_width=555&max_height=555

The only problem is that we are out of stock at the moment but I'll chase delivery tomorrow ( I have a few outstanding orders for them) and revert..

Keep me posted if this is the kind of thing that you would be interested in?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hey

nearly there...my problems is I have very little space below or at the sides on my TV

I have a Samsung UE40ES6800 sitting on an Oak tv unit...virtually no space

Was looking at something lie the Bose TV box but its not recommend for my size tv.

Maybe a 2.1 instead but was trying to be a minimal as possible.

ideally something like the Bose that I can sit the TV on..

or some way to raise the stand in safe manner

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey

nearly there...my problems is I have very little space below or at the sides on my TV

I have a Samsung UE40ES6800 sitting on an Oak tv unit...virtually no space

Was looking at something lie the Bose TV box but its not recommend for my size tv.

Maybe a 2.1 instead but was trying to be a minimal as possible.

ideally something like the Bose that I can sit the TV on..

or some way to raise the stand in safe manner
    Ok so maybe the PP100 would not be good enough for a 40ES6800 :o

Can you not fit a decent soundbar - we are doing a special on the Boston TVee26 at the moment at £199.95 / €249.99.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/boston-/tvee-26/bost-tvee26b

It's not as wide as the Sammy and is only 8Cm tall so it should sneak in between the TV and the TV unit and the sub is wireless so it can literally be placed anywhere local to the TV and it would give your system a huge lift?

showimage.php?image=310297.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.