Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako A7

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

ormondprop wrote: »
    When i saw it i thought it was new, its a beaut, what model is it? I looked them up on the net and all o saw were ones with camo stocks unlike that one which is all camo, i generally don't like camo guns but that one really caught my eye, what was it traded in against just out of curiosity

As far as I know it's a Sauer Yukon? Never looked it up its just what he told me! Didn't trade it against anything, he just handed it in for Sean to sell it... I still cannot understand why he is selling it though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Did he take it back out?

Did not see it yeasterday.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Was wondering if you went ahead with this or went another direction?

Been looking at them myself, and curious to see how it performed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

No did nothing, i'm in a sling at the moment so can't shoot so haven't got around to gun shopping, haven't heard of anyone using one either so the verdict is still out on it

Very tempted by a stainless version but i say i'd pick up a nice 2nd hand sako first if i came across one

ormondprop wrote: »
    ................. haven't heard of anyone using one either so the verdict is still out on it
    Exactly.

I'd trust Sako simply from owning them before, and their reputation, but i always like to get first hand experience/review before committing to anything.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    Exactly.

I'd trust Sako simply from owning them before, and their reputation, but i always like to get first hand experience/review before committing to anything.

I'm the same i loved my 75 varmint i had but if i was buying another i'd go for a hunter profile barrel, i'd love another 75 or even an 85 if i could find one but i'd be still tempted by an a7 if i could just here from someone who has one, although they get good reviews in the UK and US

I probably said it before in this thread, but it's a Sako so that alone would stand for a lot in book. However no matter how could the quality of the brand i'd like to get a personal review or shoot it myself before handing out the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I believe the Sako A7 is only available in .308 and 6.5x55 in Ireland as all other calibers in this model is sold out. I was thinking of getting one in 243 or 300winmag but theres no new Tikka or Sako rifles available in 300 winmag in Aredee sports

There are .243's knocking around. I've held two of them over the last two weeks. One i was holding yesterday.

While not the A7 the same dealer has a Sako 85 in 300 WinMag too. Brand new if i'm not mistaken.

As for Ardee. They have lost or had the Beretta agent status withdrawn from them which includes Sako, Tikka, etc. (as they are owned by Beretta) so chances are slim of them having one in stock now or in the future.

I handled an A7 in .243 and saw another for sale in .22-250

• Advertisement

So i took the leap and bought one. It's early days but signs are good.

The stock is really nice. Firm and solid feeling grip. It's well balanced too, better than the Tikka. The action is smooth and cycling the bolt is easy and feeding is flawless. She is a little "jumpy" without the mod, but that's is off a table and rests. With mod on the jump disappears and when free hand it's perfect.

The magazine can be fiddly as you have to push it up as well as release the clasp. It's a safety feature to avoid you loosing it when out in the field however it's not a problem as the magazine can be filled from the top, without having to take it out of the rifle. So handy enough.

She is well weighted. Not too heavy and not so light that it kicks hard. The mod, again, takes away any residual kick. I tried 95gr Federal Nosler with her (all i had)and results were consistently 1/2 moa at 100 & 200 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Sorry cass, is the the A7 you were talking about ?

Yup.

Advertisement