Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tablet or net book for minecraft?

• 30-01-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hi, my sons birthday is soon and I said I'd get him a tablet or net book and install minecraft on it for him. Just wondering if I was to get a tablet which one would be best for minecraft? Or should I scrap the tablet and go for a netbook?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The mobile version of minecraft isn't a patch on the PC version. However a netbook that will run minecraft at reasonable settings will cost more than an entry level android tablet. It also depends a bit on his age as well. If he's younger than 9-10 then a tablet would be fine. Otherwise, if you're willing to spend the extra bit of money I'd go for a decent netbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I'd steer clear of the tablet option. A netbook, or cheap laptop with a dedicated video card, depending on your budget.
    My 4 and 5 year olds have been playing MC on our laptops for over a year now. They got used to the mouse VERY quickly and have no problems building away in creative mode. Plus they can grow more into the laptops than they ever could with a tablet.
    That's just my tuppence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not the tablet version,

I've tried it and didn't like it, was difficult to control once you use a mouse and keyboard plus what you can do on the full version is so much more than the tablet version to do.

The handheld version i would imagine is more of a pass the time on the bus kinda thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I have a archos 10.1 tablet and am wondering if He'd be able to play on that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Minecraft will run fine on that tablet. There's a demo on the Play store, you can download it and try it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Minecraft will run fine on that tablet. There's a demo on the Play store, you can download it and try it out

Full version not running?! Played the demo on it grand though :-/

Advertisement