Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile Road Race Monday 18/03/2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Im in too. Nice quick one. Having missed out on Dungarvan, i need a crack at a PB. Last chance saloon for 10miler this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would like to have another bash at this and see if I can do it 30 seconds quicker than last year to break the hour. I did two 10milers last year and although the Mallow course wasn't quite the flattest, it was quite a bit quicker due to the field of people that you have to chase you round. Great event.

Seems that Ryanair are not keen on giving me cheep flights this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭septern

i'm looking forward to this. I didn't so it last year due to injury, but friends who did said it was well organized with pacers etc - approx 1200 did it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

This or the half in Tralee........??:confused:

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Would like to have another bash at this and see if I can do it 30 seconds quicker than last year to break the hour. I did two 10milers last year and although the Mallow course wasn't quite the flattest, it was quite a bit quicker due to the field of people that you have to chase you round. Great event.

Seems that Ryanair are not keen on giving me cheep flights this year though.

Fly to dub and get the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Have my entry since start of Dec :) Although seeing as the Tralee marathon is on 2 days beforehand can't see myself improving (or even getting close to!) my time from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Canbuildhalf

Hi was thinking of giving this a lash this year are there 60 min Pacers does anyone know??

Hi was thinking of giving this a lash this year are there 60 min Pacers does anyone know??

Yes as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Not a 100% sure at the moment,we had last year basically it'll be down to if we can get one.I'll try and find out off the lad organising the pacers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There was one guy last year, but he got away from me at the end. Not many 10 miles would have them though so knowing if they were back again could swing me in the direction of stumping up the cash for the trip over again.

The lads that paced Dungarvan were excellent by all accounts, even with difficult windy conditions. Club mate of mine ran with the 60min pacers. Perhaps those kind folks could help out in Mallow.
    Ill put them up in the hotel myself if they get me around sub 60......:)

There was one guy last year, but he got away from me at the end. Not many 10 miles would have them though so knowing if they were back again could swing me in the direction of stumping up the cash for the trip over again.
    Thanks for the replys i hope they can swing one so for this year i think they had 2 pacers for each goal time in Dungarvin, how is the course many ups or downs or around which miles?? robinph you will def have come over and get revenge on that sub hour mark :D

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    The lads that paced Dungarvan were excellent by all accounts, even with difficult windy conditions. Club mate of mine ran with the 60min pacers. Perhaps those kind folks could help out in Mallow.
    Ill put them up in the hotel myself if they get me around sub 60......:)
    Haha il stump half the cash with ya.. would love go sub hour the pace is fine for 10k just havnt tried holding it for another 6k :eek:

Thanks for the replys i hope they can swing one so for this year i think they had 2 pacers for each goal time in Dungarvin, how is the course many ups or downs or around which miles?? robinph you will def have come over and get revenge on that sub hour mark :D

No hills to worry you here, it is flat and fast. Small pull about 1.5 miles as you emerge onto the main rd other than that, nothing of note.

EauRouge79 wrote: »

No hills to worry you here, it is flat and fast. Small pull about 1.5 miles as you emerge onto the main rd other than that, nothing of note.
    Yep, bit of a hill at the start, but after that nothing of note. Hills at the start don't count. Was a bit exposed to the wind for me last year but nothing much anyone can do about that apart from plant more trees along the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

Just signed up for this one. Looking forward to it, first time doing it, might improve slightly on the Dungarvan time, hopefully. Great way to finish off a great weekend.

Just entered, now need to run super fast and get the sub 60. If someone could arrange the weather to be blowing a tail wind all the way round that would be handy.

Just entered, now need to run super fast and get the sub 60. If someone could arrange the weather to be blowing a tail wind all the way round that would be handy.

Good Stuff, did you take the plunge with the Ryanair flights?
    Im signed up for this and Ballycotton by my wife is due between the 2 races!
    Mallow would be my preference if I only get to make 1 of them.
    With a bit of luck Ill be lining up alongside you in Mallow with the same time goal.
    If pacers arent made available perhaps we can pace each other around!

Yep, have gone for the Ryanair flights and now sorting myself a mini tour around Ireland on the way to get to there...and trying not to drink to much on the way.

Will definitely be aiming for the sub 60, so if there isn't an official pacer I'll join you in an attempt. It certainly helps working in a group as you keep each other in check from going off too fast and from slacking off a bit in the middle when your mind would otherwise start to wander a bit.

• Advertisement

There may be a couple of club mates with me so we can allow the tallers lads to shelter us. Either way will gather a group together for the attempt at sub60.

Mallow 10 just confirmed one 60 min pacer so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Heard it thru the grapevine that there's no tec-tshirt this year?
    Rumours of a snood ? Any piccies?
    Better be color coordinated to go with the blue hat (2010 ) and last years red top !
    ( Last years top was one of the best training t's I ever got btw )

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Better be color coordinated to go with the blue hat (2010 ) and last years red top !

Was going to say I don't remember a tech top last year. Then remembered it was red. Gave it to the dogs. The snood will be cool. I'll take yours if you don't want it. :)

*unless it's red :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    See attached picture:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Gave it to the dogs.
    QUOTE]

Made me laugh :pac:
    Is it doing the Mallow 10 again this year?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

In. Next target. Looking forward to it now - not happy with a couple of 10 miles runs to date

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

...It certainly helps working in a group as you keep each other in check from going off too fast and from slacking off a bit in the middle when your mind would otherwise start to wander a bit.

ah so that's where I'm going wrong, the old wandering mind slowing me up! Damn if I stop staring at the fit girl in front of me I might actually be able to do a sub-60:D Thanks Robin! See you in Mallow..again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

...and I'm in!

Advertisement